It's Time to Start Going to KMart, Wave 15 is on the Way!

Dragon66

If K-Mart stores weren't so far apart I'd probably hit more. I suspect I burned myself out last year searching high and low for Wave 10. May be willing to burn more calories on Wave 14 as I'm far more interested in that line-up. Not to poo poo anybody else's taste of course. Not a lot of must have figures in this wave for me, also not overly interested in the BAF of late, which is a nice perk as my wallet needs some time to cool off. :P

Well, I lucked up today! Last week I tried to get wave 15 with no luck. The manager took my name and number and called me with only regular Martian Manhunter. She told me she would call when she got more in. I got a call this morning saying she had received 2 cases. She was holding one of each for me. Got there this afternoon and she let me in her office showing me what she had. I was able to get all but the classic Star Man. What made this such a good experience, when I went to check out she did a price override on all of them and said since they didn't have them during the sale I could get them for the sale price anyway. So Kmart delivered on this one.

Well, I lucked up today! Last week I tried to get wave 15 with no luck. The manager took my name and number and called me with only regular Martian Manhunter. She told me she would call when she got more in. I got a call this morning saying she had received 2 cases. She was holding one of each for me. Got there this afternoon and she let me in her office showing me what she had. I was able to get all but the classic Star Man. What made this such a good experience, when I went to check out she did a price override on all of them and said since they didn't have them during the sale I could get them for the sale price anyway. So Kmart delivered on this one.

Dude, what an awesome story.....congrats all the way!

You ain't never lied when you say Kmart delivered on this one....they sure did.

• Like 11

I have to agree with you on this. It was not with DC figures but with Christmas stuff I got last year from them. I had pick up a Tigger Christmas figurine for our front yard and the reganl price was $80.00 but they had it on sale for $ 50.00. So on the way out when I was going to pay the lady told me that it was price as $35.99 so in a way I got my Christmas Tigger for more then half price then what it was on sale for. Talk about savings.

I ordered Raven & regular Starman from Amazon. but they sent me the modern Starman considering they are offering modern Starman at $18.99 compared to what I paid for the regular at 15.99, I'm not complaining...

anybody had the same experience?? now I need the regular Starman for my JSA team.

i got my wave 15 today. amazing figs. s.c.batman is the one i like the most. raven and manhunter are close seconds. an amazing wave i tell you.

The SC Batman was trashed when he first was unveiled but he has grown in popularity and he is a good figure. I personally really like him and hope there is a story that will develop in the comics around him.

• Like 12

i got my wave 15 today. amazing figs. s.c.batman is the one i like the most. raven and manhunter are close seconds. an amazing wave i tell you.

The SC Batman was trashed when he first was unveiled but he has grown in popularity and he is a good figure. I personally really like him and hope there is a story that will develop in the comics around him.

i hope so too. i prefer a batman as s.c. then a zebra batman anytime. jemm is a good figure too. i know nothing about him but is a great figure. i looked at the badge that he comes with and he has a black cotume on him. it looks way better then the white and blue. maybe i will repaint him this way. the modern starman is great but i always look at him with hope of a military jacket hal jordan. the sculpt is perfect for it. he is a little high do.

• Like 1

I ordered Raven & regular Starman from Amazon. but they sent me the modern Starman considering they are offering modern Starman at $18.99 compared to what I paid for the regular at 15.99, I'm not complaining...

anybody had the same experience?? now I need the regular Starman for my JSA team.

same here i got the modern starman and the variant manhunter on amazon, no complaints.

i hope so too. i prefer a batman as s.c. then a zebra batman anytime. jemm is a good figure too. i know nothing about him but is a great figure. i looked at the badge that he comes with and he has a black cotume on him. it looks way better then the white and blue. maybe i will repaint him this way. the modern starman is great but i always look at him with hope of a military jacket hal jordan. the sculpt is perfect for it. he is a little high do.

That zebra Batman was hideous and absurd. I really cannot believe how many people actually wanted that crap, even today people mention it in Matty's monthly questionaire. If they make that garbage then we will see all the wacky Batman figures like, "Night Watcher Batman" and "Water Attack Batman"...........keep that nonsense to the kiddie figures. Amazing how people didn't like or complained about the SC Batman but have fan demanded the zebra striped Batman?????

• Like 12

That zebra Batman was hideous and absurd. I really cannot believe how many people actually wanted that crap, even today people mention it in Matty's monthly questionaire. If they make that garbage then we will see all the wacky Batman figures like, "Night Watcher Batman" and "Water Attack Batman"...........keep that nonsense to the kiddie figures. Amazing how people didn't like or complained about the SC Batman but have fan demanded the zebra striped Batman?????

agree 100%

275-1.jpg

People want the Zebra Batman because it is an actual, comic-appearance costume. The SC Batman not only isn't a comic-based look (at least as of yet), it also irks people who don't like the whole deputy Lantern idea to begin with. The same reason the rumored wave 17 deputy Lantern lineup is getting a mostly negative response from what I've seen.

But again, it seems that the DC forums here are mainly modern fans/readers, as opposed to GA/SA/BA fans.

K-mart really outsmarted the other major toy retailers on this one (IMO). They seemed to have good or at least adequate supply, they put them on sale and on top of that they had a $5 coupon you could use.

The supply wasn't perfect, but I found it to be better than Wal-Mart usually is on their exclusives and I am NOT a Wal-Mart basher. In my area Wal-Mart was pretty much the only game in town for DCUC before, but K-Mart appears to be making a strong challenge to that with their performance with waves 11, 13 and now 15.

As for the coupon; I know some places balked at it; it happened to me, but I got the free K-mart savings card and proceeded to get a $13-$16 dollar figure for $2.75! When was the last time anybody paid a price like that at retail.

When I first saw the pics of this wave I thought I'd get one or two figures at the most.But now having these figures in hand I must say I am impressed with this wave.

MM and MM variant are great, SC Batman is surprisingly good, Raven looks amazing to me (despite the funky cape) and the Golden Pharaoh looks incredible even thought i know nothing about the character. Throw in the fact that K-Mart was practically giving these figures away and this just may turn out to be my favorite overall wave.

At least until the Green Lantern Classics comes out then I may have to amend my opinion.

• Like 1

a -1 just because i prefer the s.c. batman then zebra batman? gee. seems like someone is way overprotective. i didnt even knew that that costume was actually in the comics. i understand that a fan demand is there in that case.

not everyone knows every comic out there and believe me that i would never come up with the idea to google up for a zebra batman. i read comics since 20 years now and there is more then just batman and spiderman. it is impossible to know everything. i started with dc comics a few months ago. i loved batman since the animated show but never had the money to get all the comics i wanted. even now those chronicle or archive and masterwork books are expensive as hell. 40-50usd for a book. you dont buy that everyday.

anyway i am against the rainbow colors in the dcuc too. green lantern has it own series to put them in, so why do another green lantern wave in the dcuc. it makes no sense. the figures are welcome do. nekron is the best example of it. he is the c&c for another wave? he could easly be in wave 3 or 4 of GLC

• Like 1

a -1 just because i prefer the s.c. batman then zebra batman? gee. seems like someone is way overprotective. i didnt even knew that that costume was actually in the comics. i understand that a fan demand is there in that case.

not everyone knows every comic out there and believe me that i would never come up with the idea to google up for a zebra batman. i read comics since 20 years now and there is more then just batman and spiderman. it is impossible to know everything. i started with dc comics a few months ago. i loved batman since the animated show but never had the money to get all the comics i wanted. even now those chronicle or archive and masterwork books are expensive as hell. 40-50usd for a book. you dont buy that everyday.

anyway i am against the rainbow colors in the dcuc too. green lantern has it own series to put them in, so why do another green lantern wave in the dcuc. it makes no sense. the figures are welcome do. nekron is the best example of it. he is the c&c for another wave? he could easly be in wave 3 or 4 of GLC

i evened it out for you....SP too.

• Like 1

275-1.jpg

People want the Zebra Batman because it is an actual, comic-appearance costume. The SC Batman not only isn't a comic-based look (at least as of yet), it also irks people who don't like the whole deputy Lantern idea to begin with. The same reason the rumored wave 17 deputy Lantern lineup is getting a mostly negative response from what I've seen.

But again, it seems that the DC forums here are mainly modern fans/readers, as opposed to GA/SA/BA fans.

"Holy cow-poop Batman"

This is where Batman fans are absurd....IMO. As a Superman fan even I have my limits on what I want. I don't like the all red and all blue Superman's from the 50's or whenever they showed up and I certainly don't like that Composite Superman crap....Batman fans need to really lay low on this atrocity, they need to customize their own and leave the open slot to important variants and the zebra Batman is not one of them.

• Like 11

i read on wiki that there was a story where a SC ring tried to recruit Batman. Did it never get on his finger or something?

The ring got on his finger but he struggled and got it off. Batman had the ability to instill great fear which is why the ring chose him. Apparently it has been slightly suggested that the design for the toy may appear in a future comic or cartoon which is why his origin is covered with a big yellow lantern on the back.

• Like 11

i evened it out for you....SP too.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Some people here are wacked and go buck wild with the whole negative thing.

I am a DC guy and even I never knew about the zebra Batman and the fact that it made itself into a comic is only worse. Its like when Superman had an ant head -- I don't want that garbage even if it was in a comic, its just plain stupid....lol

• Like 11

K-mart really outsmarted the other major toy retailers on this one (IMO). They seemed to have good or at least adequate supply, they put them on sale and on top of that they had a $5 coupon you could use.

The supply wasn't perfect, but I found it to be better than Wal-Mart usually is on their exclusives and I am NOT a Wal-Mart basher. In my area Wal-Mart was pretty much the only game in town for DCUC before, but K-Mart appears to be making a strong challenge to that with their performance with waves 11, 13 and now 15.

As for the coupon; I know some places balked at it; it happened to me, but I got the free K-mart savings card and proceeded to get a $13-$16 dollar figure for $2.75! When was the last time anybody paid a price like that at retail.

When I first saw the pics of this wave I thought I'd get one or two figures at the most.But now having these figures in hand I must say I am impressed with this wave.

MM and MM variant are great, SC Batman is surprisingly good, Raven looks amazing to me (despite the funky cape) and the Golden Pharaoh looks incredible even thought i know nothing about the character. Throw in the fact that K-Mart was practically giving these figures away and this just may turn out to be my favorite overall wave.

At least until the Green Lantern Classics comes out then I may have to amend my opinion.

That is the truth, Kmart handled this with respect to the consumer and the target audience.

• Like 11

I just came back from my K-Mart and they just restock on wave 15 and there was only 1 wave 13 there in the mix up which was Cyclontron.