It's Time to Start Going to KMart, Wave 15 is on the Way!

Dragon66

Had a terrible morning and a hard day at work.

I figured I'd go on a hunt today and hit 3 Kmarts. Went to the first one and was blessed not to have to go to the others

Kmart 1

Complete set of Wave 15 -- bought them all, Wolverine I got your variant MM. I have not found the regular version at retail yet.

Bought 2 of the AT AT Walkers they have on sale

So I found a complete set of Wave 15 plus the 2 AT AT Walkers all for 170........what a flippin deal.

*edit*

the receipt says I have a savings of 141.92.....I am really liking Kmart right about now.

• Like 12

Had a terrible morning and a hard day at work.

I figured I'd go on a hunt today and hit 3 Kmarts. Went to the first one and was blessed not to have to go to the others

Kmart 1

Complete set of Wave 15 -- bought them all, Wolverine I got your variant MM. I have not found the regular version at retail yet.

Bought 2 of the AT AT Walkers they have on sale

So I found a complete set of Wave 15 plus the 2 AT AT Walkers all for 170........what a flippin deal.

*edit*

the receipt says I have a savings of 141.92.....I am really liking Kmart right about now.

NICE!!!! let me know the terms man!!! thanks! or if you are looking anything in particular let me know, I got some extra DCU, Transformers, old MLs, some Marvel Universe, etc.

It would've been nice if Mattel had been upfront about this stupid sale and told us honestly that not ALL K-Marts would be participating in it.

I went to the only other remaining K-Mart in my area and they have nothing, they knew nothing of this sale, and they knew nothing of DCUC.

It would've been nice if Mattel had been upfront about this stupid sale and told us honestly that not ALL K-Marts would be participating in it.

I went to the only other remaining K-Mart in my area and they have nothing, they knew nothing of this sale, and they knew nothing of DCUC.

I feel the same way. 5 straight days of showing up at two different Kmarts and nobody has a clue. What annoys me the most is that is was IN THEIR FLYER. Needless to say, Kmart won't be getting any of my Holiday Shopping Business. And I spend a lot of money on my kids during the holidays.

Given the history of this line and Mattel's atrocious distribution, I'm not going to point any fingers at K-Mart. I realize these toys are important to us, but to the suits if they've got *any* DCUC on the shelves, it's going to count for them as a sales item.

As always I lay blame for this at the feet of Mattel, unfortunately distribution for my blame isn't very good so it hasn't reached the feet of Mattel yet. @loll@

The story I'm about to tell you? The serendipitous happenstance set of events that occured today? You won't believe. Because it never happens.

I got up this morning and instead of hitting Kmart right at 8:00, I thought 'its been six days straight with nothing there. I'm not going in again. They won't have anything.' So I took it easy, took the dog on a three mile walk, and just chilled. It got to be almost 11:00 and I thought should I eat breakfast or wait an hour and just get lunch later. I decided to wait and to kill the hour I decided to drive over to the Kmart.

They didn't have anything as usual. While I was there I got a phone call from a friend and so I ended up lingering in the store, talking and eating up the hour as I had no particular place to be.

While I'm there I notice a couple other guys looking for DCUC. They took an older figure up to CS(presumably to check instore quantities) and come back a few minutes later with a manager. She can't find any of the figures, so she LET'S THE CUSTOMER INTO THE STOREROOM to hunt for the cases. When does this EVER happen?!

I'm still on my phonecall but watching all this from a distance. Eventually they come out of the back with a bunch of figures and I'm like 'oh #$##!' I quickly end my call and follow them over to the aisle where the manager is putting the figures out. I ask if they have more in the back and she says it was just the one case. Obviously, I'm dejected because I assume the guy is getting the set and I was so close to getting them. Until he says he only needs one of the two MMs for his nephew! And I am more than welcome to the rest!

Turns out he's a fellow collector and had already put his set together. We chatted about MotU Classics and other assorted stuff for an hour before I went and checked out.

But if I had gone in at my usual time, or the manager hadn't made the unprecedented choice to let a customer in the back, I wouldn't have gotten any figures. Its like Karma. Stuff like that just never happens.

So thanks to Tom wherever you are!

• Like 1

The story I'm about to tell you? The serendipitous happenstance set of events that occured today? You won't believe. Because it never happens.

I got up this morning and instead of hitting Kmart right at 8:00, I thought 'its been six days straight with nothing there. I'm not going in again. They won't have anything.' So I took it easy, took the dog on a three mile walk, and just chilled. It got to be almost 11:00 and I thought should I eat breakfast or wait an hour and just get lunch later. I decided to wait and to kill the hour I decided to drive over to the Kmart.

They didn't have anything as usual. While I was there I got a phone call from a friend and so I ended up lingering in the store, talking and eating up the hour as I had no particular place to be.

While I'm there I notice a couple other guys looking for DCUC. They took an older figure up to CS(presumably to check instore quantities) and come back a few minutes later with a manager. She can't find any of the figures, so she LET'S THE CUSTOMER INTO THE STOREROOM to hunt for the cases. When does this EVER happen?!

I'm still on my phonecall but watching all this from a distance. Eventually they come out of the back with a bunch of figures and I'm like 'oh #$##!' I quickly end my call and follow them over to the aisle where the manager is putting the figures out. I ask if they have more in the back and she says it was just the one case. Obviously, I'm dejected because I assume the guy is getting the set and I was so close to getting them. Until he says he only needs one of the two MMs for his nephew! And I am more than welcome to the rest!

Turns out he's a fellow collector and had already put his set together. We chatted about MotU Classics and other assorted stuff for an hour before I went and checked out.

But if I had gone in at my usual time, or the manager hadn't made the unprecedented choice to let a customer in the back, I wouldn't have gotten any figures. Its like Karma. Stuff like that just never happens.

So thanks to Tom wherever you are!

Dude, I had a crazy awesome day as well. I was meeting up with a buddy of mine to go hunting, he only wanted Raven and I needed another and final Starman. We went to three Kmarts and found nothing. He finally got his Cheetah though. At the final Kmart we noticed the gardening section was full of toys and we said they probably have cases in there. So we walked to the toy section and found wave 13. I had to go to the bathroom and he ran off. While in the bathroom he comes and gets me, when I get out this fool is standing with 2 full cases of Wave 15. He went into the off limits gardening section which now house inventory and went through the piles.......I couldn't believe it. He bought all the Raven's and I got my other Starman. I told him to go back and guess what, this fool comes back with another case but all the cases had the MM variant. I found one without the bicep problem and he bought that one. This has been an awesome deal......CSC cancelled my order and Kmart had them all on sale and I managed to find them all except the regular MM........either way it was amazing.

Thanks and Kudos to Damien for being braver than myself and going in the back to find three more cases. I also took the box with me to have an original Mattel box that was sent to Kmart.

• Like 11

That is very crazy. If we let a customer in the back we would of got fire. Not even a MRG. can't do that of letting a Customer in the back. Only thing I can think of he may of work there.

Naw, this guy lived in a town an hour away. The whole situation was very bizarre, but I'm glad it worked out in my favor. This is good 'Toy Karma' I will have to find a way to pay it forward. ;)

Congrats SP1980 on your haul.

Now that I have them opened, I just noticed the working holster on GA Starman with the little removeable raygun. That's a nice little touch, so kudos to Mattel for that.

Went to Kmart yesterday and they had nothing on the shelves. Asked an employee, that had a scanner, if he could scan the barcode to see if they had any in the back and he did. He told me that he would be back. I followed him to the door of the storage room and he came out with a complete case of wave 15. He gave it to me and told me to choose what I wanted. Initially I was gonna only get the regular MM but ended up also getting Golden Pharaoh and a modern Starman (for trade). He then told me if I wanted he had more in the back. Was gonna ask him to bring the other case but thought it was better off not to.

So was pretty happy that I was able to find MM.

EM

So is the general idea and theme of the week that Kmart stores in many cases never bothered to stock the shelves and had merch sitting in their stock rooms? In two cases I asked about having more then what was out, one store said there was none, the other brought out wave 13.

All in all, the only figure I got out of this sale was a Jemm, who I wans't going to get but did cause he was on sale.

The Kmart closest to me put Wave 13 out last Sunday. I was a bit dismayed yesterday when I hadn't found classic Starman and Jemm. Went out for dog food and decided to stop by...those were the only figs out waiting for me. What's amazing is that with the sale and a couple of coupons, I got the entire set, minus Golden Pharaoh and including both Starmen, for under $30. That's a very nice price.

So, is the regular Manhunter harder to come by? My wife got mine the day before the sale(I figured since she was there and it was there not to tempt fate by waiting for the sale). Anyway, went back the day after and only saw SC Bats, OMAC, two Manhunter variants, and Golden Pharaoh. Snagged GP and skipped MM, he was cool, but I like the original version better. I know the sale's over, but hope you guys can still get what you're looking for. #US1#

I literally live a block away from big nice K-mart, as soon as wave 15 went on sale I was there every day for 4 days, all I found was the empty space where the figures should be and the $7.75 price tag.

Asked the employees there and no one knew anything, showed them the ad, all they said was that they had a truck coming and I should check the next day, after doing so, again nothing.

Just yesterday, I had to go to my bank, and there's a ghetto K-mart a little out of the way from there, I decided to check anyway, lo and behold, found the entire wave minus Jemm and modern Starman, what the hell I thought, but at least I got most of the figures, just need those 2.

Congrats to all that found the wave!

You know send it looks like almost everybody is fining wave 15 at K-Mart that Mattle shouldn't ship them out to Toys R Us or the others. Cause if they do I can see them just peg warm the shelfs.

You know send it looks like almost everybody is fining wave 15 at K-Mart that Mattle shouldn't ship them out to Toys R Us or the others. Cause if they do I can see them just peg warm the shelfs.

I agree, with the way everyone has found these the only way the other stores could possibly get rid of them is to discount them during holiday shopping season.

• Like 11

My TRU is already clogged with about 40 figures from earlier waves, so having this wave clogging even more doesn't concern me. Let's just say I don't look at TRU as a source for the latest DCUC stuff.

That is the problem with TRU. They could have huge sales if they worked on getting DCUC in faster.

• Like 10

I am not sure how hard these will hit non Kmarts, i guess we shall see. I kinda expect WM not to really have them. So that leaves TRU who is clogged with ALL STARS and wave 12 around here. And Target..... who needs new product badly!! @loll@ So maybe Target will get sime DC love for once!

Draven

I am not sure how hard these will hit non Kmarts, i guess we shall see. I kinda expect WM not to really have them. So that leaves TRU who is clogged with ALL STARS and wave 12 around here. And Target..... who needs new product badly!! guitar.gif So maybe Target will get sime DC love for once!

Draven

Sounds like the TRU here in Philly

• Like 11

Well I tell you right now from working at my Toys R Us what we have are a few All Stars Flash I would say 3, 1 Eclipso,and about 4 Steppenwolf's 2 SuperPowers verison and 2 Green verison of him. I also saw yesturday for the first time was the 2 packs of Supergirl and Lex as well as Superman vs. the one that is going to be in the Green Lantern wave can't think of his name right now. As well as Green Lantern and Al Bin Sir.