It's Time to Start Going to KMart, Wave 15 is on the Way!

Dragon66

these have hit michigan scored a complete set minus golden age starman-i didnt see any issues with the MM biceps

It's not too bad unless you've got OCD. If you're going to keep your figure MOC, then I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the figure has matching biceps.

It's really not just the bicep, but the whole tricep as well. In fact, the tricep is even more noticeable.

Here's a pick of my mismatched MM. The figure's right arm is the big version. You can see, especially on the 2nd picture, how much bigger the tricep is.

img0008tb.jpg

img0009wk.jpg

Called my Kmart.........luckly no one from TNI responded to my question 893Grumpy-thumb.gif earlier in this post but for the figures I bought, they said I can simple return them on friday, buy them right back and come back on Sunday for the price difference, glad I didn't open them yet.

I bought a whole set today since I can't find a good place to hide them. I will do a price adjustment on Sunday when they start their DC Universe sale.

Also bought an extra MM and used the $5 off coupon. It works. Too bad no MM and Starman Variant.

these have hit michigan scored a complete set minus golden age starman-i didnt see any issues with the MM biceps

It's not too bad unless you've got OCD. If you're going to keep your figure MOC, then I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the figure has matching biceps.

It's really not just the bicep, but the whole tricep as well. In fact, the tricep is even more noticeable.

Here's a pick of my mismatched MM. The figure's right arm is the big version. You can see, especially on the 2nd picture, how much bigger the tricep is.

img0008tb.jpg

img0009wk.jpg

I think this is what I got, it is not that noticeable if you are very picky. But if you really look at it you will notice that Mattel really screwed up on this one. Fan favorite Martian Manhunter got screwed!!!!!

Called my Kmart.........luckly no one from TNI responded to my question 893Grumpy-thumb.gif earlier in this post but for the figures I bought, they said I can simple return them on friday, buy them right back and come back on Sunday for the price difference, glad I didn't open them yet.

I bought a whole set today since I can't find a good place to hide them. I will do a price adjustment on Sunday when they start their DC Universe sale.

Also bought an extra MM and used the $5 off coupon. It works. Too bad no MM and Starman Variant.

What is this coupon I keep hearing about?

• Like 11

check Mattycollector's Facebook page. find Matty's post about KMart's DC Universe sale. someone posted a link there.

double post sorry..

Returned and bought all mine back again and here is my review

Starman - looks great, he adds great flavor because he has a retor costume (reminds me of something from Flash Gordon) and he looks a little old and mature. Awesome figure

Golden Pharaoh - AWESOME...nuff said

Martian Manhunter -- have both versions haven't noticed any bicep problems, great figure, don't forget the head and hand from the variant is swapable with the regular version, it was originally designed that way before Matty cheaped up and tried to take us to the bank with a useless variant instead of pac-in's

Jemm -- great figure from the DC vaults. I remember the adverts for his series back in the 80's glad to have hm

Raven -- don't like the cape or her nasty slipper shoes but otherwise she is just ok...IMO

Batman -- he rocks, I hope they make a storyline around this costume. Best Batman in a long time.

Omac -- is pretty cool. I didn't have a thought for him good or bad. Aside from the mohawk he looks very cool

Validus -- could of been great but is too short. this is something I could deal with if they didn't oversize Kilowog and Solomon Grundy. For all those who was ok with Grundy and Kilowog's size then I hope they look good on the shelf next to Brimstone and Validus at equal height and size.....pathetic MAtty saving money.

• Like 11

So I guess CornerStore's shipments from Mattel got screwed up and they had to cancel everybodies orders?

my order got cancelled too...good thing I found a set at KMart. after I do the price adjustment this sunday it will come out way cheaper. so it's kinda blessing for me too that they refunded my money.

I went to K-Mart at 7 am this morning. They had the remnants of Wave 13 and NO WAVE 15. According to a manager, they never got or ordered Wave 15 and had no idea about this sale.

Great way to organize a sale. Happy 75th Anniversary, DC!

Same here. I went on Friday and the manager took my name and number and said they would hold a case for me. Went today thinking they may be out only for the lady there to tell me they didn't get them in, but would call me when they did. I don't look for that to happen. I took a print out of the info from matty and even showed them the sale ad with Manhunter and told them they should have them since they are advertised. They also told me that there are 15+ pallets in the back waiting to be unpacked. I figure they are in the back and they just can't get to them. I hope that's the case anyway.

• Like 1

I went to K-Mart at 7 am this morning. They had the remnants of Wave 13 and NO WAVE 15. According to a manager, they never got or ordered Wave 15 and had no idea about this sale.

Great way to organize a sale. Happy 75th Anniversary, DC!

Same here. I went on Friday and the manager took my name and number and said they would hold a case for me. Went today thinking they may be out only for the lady there to tell me they didn't get them in, but would call me when they did. I don't look for that to happen. I took a print out of the info from matty and even showed them the sale ad with Manhunter and told them they should have them since they are advertised. They also told me that there are 15+ pallets in the back waiting to be unpacked. I figure they are in the back and they just can't get to them. I hope that's the case anyway.

I went to two different Kmarts and got pretty much the same story. The first was no help at. The second one I got help from a studious young manager who actually spent almost half an hour checking in the backroom and calling other stores, etc to try to figure out why they didn't have them.

But, ultimately, Kmart and Mattel didn't plan this very well. They'll probably put them out well after the sale is over and when everyone else has access to them. Then wonder why they overordered and can't get rid of all these figures. Then they'll be reluctant to do this again. Which Mattel will take as a sign the line is failing and somehow spin it that's its the collectors' fault for not supporting the line.

• Like 1

S.S.D.D.

Mattel producing a new wave of DCUC figures that's a pain in the rear end to find, UNHEARD OF!@loll@

This is why I'm not rushing out to K-Mart. Just finished breakfast and came here to read the tales of the sale.

On the other hand, you could always use the sales flyer to price match DCUC at Wal-Mart for gifts, to shift inventory, or whatever.

Blech! Mattel just can't get it right.

Now I'm going to go and wait for the Wave 14 circus.

Was at the store close to me when they opened and they had nothing. Asked about them and got that old chestnut "what's out is what we have" and "we don't have a stock room. When the truck comes we put them out right away." Of course they also have been telling me that the trucks come at night and they only stock at night while the store is closed... and yet I go in there every say at 3 in the afternoon and see big metal carts with boxes on them and, get this, people stocking stuff... in the middle of the day. This store has 6 figures in stock currently (well 5 now because I got a classic Cheetah that had been passing in at full price) all of them all of them Wave 14 remnants. Whoa... big sale ON SIX FIGURES.

Went on to the one other K-Mart in town expecting to get the same treatment. Again nothing out but about 10 Wave 14 figures and a best of Flash. As I am looking to see if they might be in some odd location (maybe the Halloween/X-mas section... hmmm) and young guy in a K-Mart uniform asks me if I need any help. I ask him about the figures expecting nothing but the guy says that he will look in the back and what do you know if he didn't come back with a cart with all of the figures for me.

No MM variant and no modern Starman... but most of them a good price. Of course that couldn't be the end of it... found my Batman has a elbow that is so messed up that it is all but falling off. Oh well... at least that is the figure that is 3 per case. :)

• Like 1

Went ot two different K-MARTS today. First one had wave 13 out, grabbed a manager who went and checked in the back but came up empty. Second K-MART luckily found an employee with a scanner right in the toy aisle. They had a starman on the shelf and when I asked her to go check she gave me the usual what we have is already out, but I KEPT ON HER AND LOW AND BEHOLD SHE CAME OUT WITH A FRESH CASE. No variants but I got the whole assortment. There were two supermans in the case alos. Came home and opened up my Raven and she literalyy fell apart in my hands! Love that Mattel quality control!

• Like 1