It's Time to Start Going to KMart, Wave 15 is on the Way!

Dragon66

So the rumors of Wave 15 hitting before Wave 14 appear to be true> I just found this listing out of California on Ebay that says they have this wave on hand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-WAVE-15-BAF-Validus-HAND-/180560683130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0a41607a

I personally wouldn't pay that price for the wave, but it is nice to know that it is on the way. I guess I will start heading to Kmart more often.

• Like 1

if it was in hand they would have a pic of the figures to prove they have them, so i dont believe them.

Here is another auction from CA from a different seller, with a packaged pic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Universe-Wave-15-Martian-Manhunter-Variant-Vallidus-/150493120406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230a16c796

And a pic of one of the figures from the same seller that has the first set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-WAVE-15-GOLDEN-PHARAOH-BAF-VALIDUS-SERIES-/180560765917?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0a42a3dd

So. I am going to have to guess that these will be hitting other areas pretty soon.

After I just read this about 30 mins ago I took off to two of my K-Mart's that is right next to my house and none of them had Wave 15 they both had wave 13. One had all of them plus Flash and Powergirl. The other had 5 of wave 13 and The Question that was it. I may go back out on friday to see if they got wave 15 in. Oh and I live in Riverside CA.

I read somewhere that K-mart will be running an ad with DC figures in October. This ad is suppose to advertise Wave 15. This would be logical marketing for Mattel, but who says Mattel uses logic. We know Walmart philosophy; F-U customer.

Chopz

• Like 1

I read somewhere that K-mart will be running an ad with DC figures in October. This ad is suppose to advertise Wave 15. This would be logical marketing for Mattel, but who says Mattel uses logic. We know Walmart philosophy; F-U customer.

Chopz

To Mattel's credit, they do a good job with their promotions with Kmart, such as their WWE event a couple of weeks ago, and their Hot Wheels and Disney Cars Days. That is probably more of a credit to Kmart than Mattel, but the two companies seem to work well together. Walmart, Target, Are you listening?

Chopz

To Mattel's credit, they do a good job with their promotions with Kmart, such as their WWE event a couple of weeks ago, and their Hot Wheels and Disney Cars Days. That is probably more of a credit to Kmart than Mattel, but the two companies seem to work well together. Walmart, Target, Are you listening?

You're right. I always forgot the Cars events but made it to the WWE one last month and it was great. Everything was setup nice and everyone was friendly. Apparently we the collectors are a very big deal even though they don't want to admit it and KMart is stepping up their game. That is why I admire them, their stores are old looking and their prices a tad higher but they are fighters and this move gets me into the Kmarts even when I don't want to. Target at the very least makes it extremely easy to track down figures while Walmart is still the worst offender ever, they are simply pathetic.

This is great news and I am so tempted to buy that Golden Pharoah, he is the best figure from the wave. The overall prices on ebay are crazy and I can wait for CSC, but I really want a GP. I don't do much retail collecting but I support those who do because it keeps the hobby fresh. I think its too funny we are getting 15 before 14...does anyone know what the delay was for 14, was it a production error or what, anyway the ending of 2010 is going to be a VERY EXPENSIVE ONE.

• Like 11

Yeah those auctions are from e-tailers who air freighted their orders from China late last week. Prices are high to cover the cost of air freight. Toyguru stated that it was Kmart's request to not ship wave 15 to them until October for their big promo. So Mattel is working with them on that. Those containers left last week as well. So figure 4 weeks from now for Kmart. But if you preordered from places like ETC, CSC or BBTS you probably are getting wave 15 by the end of this week or next.

Rumor though is that wave 14 is also in those containers so it looks like mid-October for the WM wave as well...

• Like 1

Yeah those auctions are from e-tailers who air freighted their orders from China late last week. Prices are high to cover the cost of air freight. Toyguru stated that it was Kmart's request to not ship wave 15 to them until October for their big promo. So Mattel is working with them on that. Those containers left last week as well. So figure 4 weeks from now for Kmart. But if you preordered from places like ETC, CSC or BBTS you probably are getting wave 15 by the end of this week or next.

Rumor though is that wave 14 is also in those containers so it looks like mid-October for the WM wave as well...

This whole situation is exciting and troubling. I only real problem is me having the money but that is totally personal to my situation, but I so want the figures, haven't had some DCUC stuff in a long while and Wave 13 was lackluster for me anyway.

I think it is a flop on Kmarts part to hold them. If the e-tailers get them first them Kmart loses the ground they originally had with getting these first. It seems like a big mistake unless the info isn't true regarding when the e-tailers will be getting theirs. It all is very interesting and I am soooooo broke....uggghhh. Let me them come though, DCUC is where it is!!

• Like 11

What a wonderful site, cases and cases of Wave 15 from AFP. I am too excited, i really hope we get these soon. Waiting for CSC to open (damn west coast hours) to see if they heard and/or are expecting anything. I am very excited now....

DC-Universe-Classics-15-cases.jpg

Me to can't wait to get my Martian Manhunter. I don't care which one I get but can't wait.

What a wonderful site, cases and cases of Wave 15 from AFP. I am too excited, i really hope we get these soon. Waiting for CSC to open (damn west coast hours) to see if they heard and/or are expecting anything. I am very excited now....

DC-Universe-Classics-15-cases.jpg

Me to can't wait to get my Martian Manhunter. I don't care which one I get but can't wait.

I am very excited about Goldren Pharaoh. MM was one of those guys who I didn'[t get rabid for, I knew he was coming and I knew they were going to nail him and they did all of the above. My only concern is the swaying cape, Lord knows I hope he does not have a swayed to the side cape. It's a wonderful time to be a DC fan, seriously look at all what we have now. I think it's official DCUC has overtaken Marvel Legends. Once we get a vehicle, its the nail in the coffin as far as the argument goes.

• Like 11

Nice set up Spider lucky you got MM I have to wait until K-Mart gets him.

Martian Manhunter looks better loose than he does in the promos...awesome stuff man. I called CSC and they said they haven't heard anything yet. I may break down and get a GP online, don't think I can help myself...LOL

You and me both. I just got a check in today and cash it in today so I now can pull at less $15 on the side for him.

I spoke with the manager of the toy department at my nearest Kmart, and she said it was going to be mid-October when they will get these. She confirmed that they will be doing a promo with these figures and the prices will more than likely be $14.99. Mattel sent a letter to all of the Kmarts in which they apologized for screwing up and shipping to online retailers first.

I spoke with the manager of the toy department at my nearest Kmart, and she said it was going to be mid-October when they will get these. She confirmed that they will be doing a promo with these figures and the prices will more than likely be $14.99. Mattel sent a letter to all of the Kmarts in which they apologized for screwing up and shipping to online retailers first.

This is all so interesting, thanks for the updates. I wonder when the online retailers will be getting these, I am getting very excited about them and can't wait. If Mattel sent these already then I wonder what is holding them up for being sent out, there is no confirmation that BBTS, CSC, or any of the other ones have gotten anything yet. Also it is slightly K-Marts fault, they should not of pushed back till October. This is the time for them (Kmart) to rebound through the collector market and they push them back. Kmart should of jumped on these and would probably be having them right this moment and seeing heavy traffic, at this point it won't make much of a dent.

• Like 11