YOU IN THE JUNGLE, BABY

Tom-1

jungv.jpg

Look who was waiting at Target for me!

The Jungle Viper (who -as far as I'm concerned - will fill a Night-Viper role in this grand Modern Era of ours) is easily one of the best figures they've whipped up. His gear is ultra-realistic - I'm talking pouches, heavy-duty shoulderstraps and the MOLLE system on his thighs. But, of course, his "15 Minutes Into The Future" camo gear is out of this world. I was sure it wouldn't work quite right, but I was wrong - it's awesome.

His helmet scope-goggles seem a tad bit overkill, but in some ways, I love overkill. I'm a child of the Eco-Warriors generation, what can I say?

SNAKES.jpg

Cool though he is, this guy is a Cobra and doesn't make his money by selling flowers and kittens to unwed mothers. He's a bad guy, and thus gets what's coming to him - it'll teach him to put his trust in a couple of Cobra troopers to watch his back!

rocpocparty.jpg

The best army builders POC/ROC had to offer!

ROCPOCREDS.jpg

Man - I didn't realize the red/black theme ROC/POC had until today!

Tom

And just for fun - some extra, non-Jungle-Viper related stuff:

NEWGEAR.jpg

"You should all have been issued your new 'shoot-me-here' goggles, yes?"

PROCEED.jpg

"The Serpent is leaving the Nest - conduct final pre-flight checks time now - we will be on the airfield shortly"

SS -

I really find it difficult to complain about this figure - it's truly a piece of art, if you ask me.

BUT

If I HAD to find flaws in it just so you don't go and buy it and come back saying I didn't mention THIS or THAT? ; )

The backpack does is slightly loose in his back. It fits well, but due to the large, awkward size of his camo-shunts, it can easily be pulled out or turned clockwise. This may in fact be a blessing, because as soon as all this soft, flexible plastic dries up, it'll make broken thumbs and crotches look like they were made of concrete. But with this problem, all it takes to fix that is a slight flex of your fingers, putting it back where it was. XD

It MIGHT be my figure, but the lower knees are extremely loose. Not in the regular, human range of motion sense, but they wobble out to the sides a bit.

I've seen some whiners whine about his kneepads falling off... but since they're not MEANT TO, I imagine this is one of those cases where gluing them on isn't a crime against the collection.

Tom

I took a cool pic on my phone in Target the other day, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I deleted it and went to take another one and then 1/2 the employees flooded the aisle next to me and it just felt wrong taking a pic of a GI Joe MOC hiding in a household floral arrangement, but it did look SWEET(the look, not my actual pic)!!! It was going to be my epic contribution to the thread.. so sad... :(

SS -

I really find it difficult to complain about this figure - it's truly a piece of art, if you ask me.

BUT

If I HAD to find flaws in it just so you don't go and buy it and come back saying I didn't mention THIS or THAT? ; )

The backpack does is slightly loose in his back. It fits well, but due to the large, awkward size of his camo-shunts, it can easily be pulled out or turned clockwise. This may in fact be a blessing, because as soon as all this soft, flexible plastic dries up, it'll make broken thumbs and crotches look like they were made of concrete. But with this problem, all it takes to fix that is a slight flex of your fingers, putting it back where it was. XD

It MIGHT be my figure, but the lower knees are extremely loose. Not in the regular, human range of motion sense, but they wobble out to the sides a bit.

I've seen some whiners whine about his kneepads falling off... but since they're not MEANT TO, I imagine this is one of those cases where gluing them on isn't a crime against the collection.

Tom

I like the design of the figure and those problems don't seem too bad I have a Air viper with very loose hips which i'm going fix with some glue I can dom the same with Jungle Viper thanks for the info

NEWGEAR.jpg

PROCEED.jpg

"The Serpent is leaving the Nest - conduct final pre-flight checks time now - we will be on the airfield shortly"

DAMNIT!! You suck Tom, I had a hard enough time finding one Blue Resolute Trooper, how'd you manage that many?

Also Jungle Viper has got to be one of the best figures ever, I haven't had any problems with the knees but the backpack does rotate in the hole fairly easily

I think my only gripe with the figure is he doesn't come with a submachine gun or something a little bigger then the two pistols

I took a cool pic on my phone in Target the other day, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I deleted it and went to take another one and then 1/2 the employees flooded the aisle next to me and it just felt wrong taking a pic of a GI Joe MOC hiding in a household floral arrangement, but it did look SWEET(the look, not my actual pic)!!! It was going to be my epic contribution to the thread.. so sad... :(

@loll@ Go back and try again Joe!! Sounds worth tha Target jumping by employees!! @smilepunch@ Then you could sue em for lots of cash and buy lots of stuff!! @loll@

Draven

DAMNIT!! You suck Tom, I had a hard enough time finding one Blue Resolute Trooper, how'd you manage that many?

I think my only gripe with the figure is he doesn't come with a submachine gun or something a little bigger then the two pistols

Hey Pun - don't think I got away with murder or anything! I ordered a bunch on-line (HTS had them up until maybe two or three months ago) and picked up whatever I could find at retail. I knew from the second I saw them I wanted them to be my new 'Trooper' class figure for my overall Joe-verse. Vipers fill a role too, but I just like the look of these guys. As close to 'modern terrorist' as Cobra can get without losing anything, you ask me.

And I half-agree with you about the Jungle Viper's armaments - on one hand, I like a sniper having his main long-range rifle and a pistol, since it fits with what we know about snipers (they're not meant to be close enough where they have to mow down dudes with a machinegun) but in this Pursuit of Cobra era of weapons of top of weapons ON TO OF WEAPONS, I would have accepted a submachine gun if they threw it in. ; ) But as far as I'm concerned, the Jungle Viper is meant to be - above all - quiet. before another gun, I would've prefered he come with a knife, for night-stalking. (swish-swish stab!)

Tom

Nice pics, Tom.

My awesome wife came home from Target with Jungle-Viper, Zartan, SE (wave 1), Destro, and Dusty yesterday. She knew I had been looking for POC figures, and she was cool enough to grab them. B)

I'm really loving the left wrist articulation on the Jungle-Viper (the pivot joint). Does anyone know if they're doing any more figures like this, or if there were any from wave 1 that had this wrist joint?

If it counts for anything, SDCC Slaughter had it.

The next Snake Eyes, Cobra Shock Trooper/Viper, and Shadow Tracker have it. I THINK Lowlight's arms are the same as the Jungle Viper, so he probably has it, too (much too lazy to look up pics to confirm - my apologies, DJ ; D )Those are the only ones I know for sure.

Tom

Hey Pun - don't think I got away with murder or anything! I ordered a bunch on-line (HTS had them up until maybe two or three months ago) and picked up whatever I could find at retail. I knew from the second I saw them I wanted them to be my new 'Trooper' class figure for my overall Joe-verse. Vipers fill a role too, but I just like the look of these guys. As close to 'modern terrorist' as Cobra can get without losing anything, you ask me.

And I half-agree with you about the Jungle Viper's armaments - on one hand, I like a sniper having his main long-range rifle and a pistol, since it fits with what we know about snipers (they're not meant to be close enough where they have to mow down dudes with a machinegun) but in this Pursuit of Cobra era of weapons of top of weapons ON TO OF WEAPONS, I would have accepted a submachine gun if they threw it in. ; ) But as far as I'm concerned, the Jungle Viper is meant to be - above all - quiet. before another gun, I would've prefered he come with a knife, for night-stalking. (swish-swish stab!)

Tom

naw man wasn't trying to imply anything, just wishing I had actually found one at retail, managed to pick one up online that was a decent price but most I see are asking for prices $10+ and I'm not that desperate for a squad of them (yet).

Wish I had know about them being up on HTS now. Like the pics non the less.

Liking the photos Tom!

• 2 weeks later...

NEWGEAR.jpg

PROCEED.jpg

NICE!! @peace@

Where did you get the red goggles from? Those really make the figure stand out.

They look like Para-Viper goggles to me.

Good eye!! That's exactly what they are.

I knew I should have picked up a couple extra of those $4 Para-Vipers at Big Lots...DANGIT!!

awesome pics! just saw a bit of the discovery channel special on snipers. that was cool!

I think I may have viewed the same program just last night? The one soldier had to score at least 80% on his test and missed one target on both shots but hit the last target (at 800 yards) and passed?