POC is pretty cool.

RobbieDigital

I really hadn't given POC any of my attention until recently. I saw the pics when it was first announced, but to be honest I didn't click on all the thumbnails. I think I looked at Beachhead and was really happy, then looked at Duke and was like "Meh." I really liked the new cardbacks and was just happy to finally see the movie line go away.

I was lucky enough to snag an Alley-Viper and CC when I first saw them and really didn't pay much attention to the other figures in the wave. "I don't need another Snow-Job" was what I said to myself. But I found the wave 2 figures in Target last week and let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised.

I picked up Dusty, Arctic Destro, Zartan, and the Jungle Viper. I'm a Destro guy so he was an automatic pick-up. The Jungle Viper was too cool in person to not pick-up....I was skeptical when I first saw some of the initial pics of him......but he's damn cool when you open him up. Dusty is pretty cool too......although he could use some more accessories. Zartan is the only one I have yet to open, but the figure looks great and all the goodies inside with him look great too.

I went back the next night to Wal-Mart because they still had some of Wave 1 warming the pegs. I got Beachhead, Snake-Eyes and Snow Job.....passed on Firefly (reminds me of Wraith too much, thats not Firefly to me, or even a updated one)Snow Job is really cool when you open him up and get him "all geared up" His accessories really make him......Same with Beachhead....the guy comes with a bunch of weapons and fins. Snake-Eyes is pretty standard, but I needed one for my POC shelf.

I'm probably gonna snag Recondo when I get a chance. I don't know why I didn't. But I'm glad to see Hasbro start giving us some cool accessories to make these figures even better. I know when I was little playing with RAH figures....the accessories sometimes made a mediocore figure a great one.

POC kinda snuck up on me as a Joe collector.......kinda nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Yep! I was kinda like you. Was not to impressed when I first saw pics. Was very meh. Well by the time I found them some loose shots had started to sway me. First it was Duke, then it was Beachhead, then it was Snow Job. I was never sold on Snake Eyes just timber till i opened him up! Now I love him!! The gear is amazing and this is teh closet to the glory RAH days we have gotten imo. I totally would be in love with these as a kid, and the gear is a big reason why! Snow Job, I should not give a crap about buit I do with his awesome gear and snow flaked beard! I still say you are missing out on Duke and Firefly. Duke to me screams classic 80's style joe and solid snake put together. His gear is very very cool. I love his pack, the cloth straps and the fact his flashlight goes inside of the pack. Firefly I wanted the least out of wave one minus SS and AV. Well I ended up loving him once I got him. Yeah he looks like Wraith but so what the head is just damn menacing looking!! And his pack is pretty cool too. Though top heavy @loll@ Wave 2 I am in love with even more!! All of them but SE are bad ass. I wish wave 3 and 4 were this appealing to me but they are not. Minus Lowlight and maybe that SE with the visor head. WIsh we would get more of this figs!

Draven

POC is everything I'm looking for in modern GI Joe figures. No complaints.

I won't even complain about the "whirlwind kick" Snake Eyes, who I wouldn't touch in a million years! He's a money saver, and why would I complain about a money saver?

I see no one mentioned the Storm Shadow. I think that guy is a sleeper hit, he's awesome. Have you checked out his weapons??? The look is definately not "classic" SS, but how many OTHER classic SSs do we already have? Who needs another? If you passed on this guy, you're missing out.

I see no one mentioned the Storm Shadow. I think that guy is a sleeper hit, he's awesome. Have you checked out his weapons??? The look is definately not "classic" SS, but how many OTHER classic SSs do we already have? Who needs another? If you passed on this guy, you're missing out.

Oh yeah, Storm Shadow is a GREAT example of how POC is working. I dismissed the figure in the preview photos--wasn't gonna buy him, passed on him when I found the POC figures--told myself that I was not interested......and then I go read the review on the Battlelines site, and I'm sold on it. I go back a couple days later and buy the figure, and he's a GREAT figure. The accessories are just right for it.

Had a lot of fun fiddling around with that figure, finding the right poses and gear combinations.

So what if it has a "Persian" theme--its a cool toy.

...I'm glad to see Hasbro start giving us some cool accessories to make these figures even better. I know when I was little playing with RAH figures....the accessories sometimes made a mediocore figure a great one.

Amen to this.

I think that's why I fell out of love with the GI Joe vs Cobra stuff so fast...Hasbro was using the same weapons over and over again, and none of the accessories were really there for any specialized purpose. The accessories were what made GI Joe back in the 80's.

I have yet to get my hands on any POC figures (haven't really been looking that hard to be honest), but I will eventually, and if they're anywhere near as cool as the pictures look, I'm gonna love them.

I gotta tell you. I am really diggin' some of these new Joes too. I love all the gear - it gives tons of options. I love the looks. Yeah - they are more subdued than Joes of the past but in a good not boring (RoC) way.

I've decided I like the geared-down Recondo better as well as Zartan's "disguise mode".

The Jungle Viper is the surprise for me b/c I really thought I'd be crazy about him, but once I got him out of the package I'm less excited. It's not that he's bad - he does have the cool Death Scythe **** Custom looking going - it's just... I don't know he's not as cool as I thought he'd be. I know some think he's Hasbro's homage to the Night Viper, but I would have rather just gotten a true Night Viper over this one. If I could narrow it down to one thing (or one pair of things) it's the gauntlets with the ball-joint attachment. I wish they'd found another way to do the arm camo without giving the bare figure those joints sticking out.

Ah well, saves me from army-building him.

newtroops.jpg