what are your 2 favorite figures

Toiletmonkey1

What if......you went broke? and some billionaire offer to pay off all your bills (including your house)in exchange for your entire gijoe collection but he wants everything including your vintage black gijoe T shirt thats in the bottom of the laundry hamper! but he see's the pain in your eyes as he's leaving with all your sh@t. so he says you may pick 3 things. 1 gijoe figure, 1 cobra figure and one vehicle or comic book.

what would you pick?

mine would be

vintage V1 Clutch

vintage V1 Destro

and the original VAMP

very bored tonite as you can tell ;)

TM

Hmm...are we talking about our existing collection here or the dream collection we all long for? (lol)

If it's my existing collection, I'd want to keep my C-10 mint/loose/complete Version 2 Takara Snake-Eyes, my MOMC Pursuit of Cobra Cobra Commander (that's probably my favorite and most notable Cobra figure right now), and my Marvel Comics G.I. Joe Yearbook Issue #2. It was my favorite Joe comic as a kid, and I just found a mint copy in recent years.

If I had the dream RAH collection, I'd keep my MOMC Version 2 Snake-Eyes (Notice a pattern here?) (lol), my MIMSB Zartan w/Swamp Skier, and my brand-new/mint U.S.S Flagg sitting nicely on display.

@hmmm@

I'm just gonna make damn sure I don't go BROKE!! Too tough to answer! ^_^

• Like 1

Vintage v2 Snake Eyes and v1 BBQ because they are actual figs I played with as a kid I kept. :) Modern stuff, v2 Snake Eyes (blk version)and Scarlet 25th v1. Yes I know you said Cobra figs but I am passing and keeping 2 joes @loll@ The vehicle would be the Mauler.

Draven

Do customs count? If so it's a different ballgame. I'm going to assume they do.

25th v3 Se vs. CC custom. A black repaint of a 25th Cg with a jvc wave 1 CC dreameled out, painted black to match and attached.

As for the vehicle, The new Hiss (that i painted black)

vintage wet-suit, beachhead and the uss flagg. after all i can always start over!

If i had a flag that would soooo be my choice. I always wanted one.

I'll play:

25th Ann. V.3 Snake-eyes.

POC Alley-Viper

DTC Rhino.

He have simliar taste. We picked the same Joe. I still think that is the best se ever produced. Googles on or off and i love the knifes.

The rhino was up probably my 2nd choice for a vehicle. Especially after adding more room myself.

I'll play:

POC Alley-Viper

DTC Rhino.

He have simliar taste. We picked the same Joe. I still think that is the best se ever produced. Googles on or off and i love the knifes.

The rhino was up probably my 2nd choice for a vehicle. Especially after adding more room myself.

I hemmed and hawed about the Night Attack Copter being a choice, but in the end, the Rhino has a copter built right in-so it edged out ahead.

I have a feeling though, our choice of Joe is going to be swept aside by the new version of SE that is coming in wave 4 of POC. ;)

I'll play:

POC Alley-Viper

DTC Rhino.

I hemmed and hawed about the Night Attack Copter being a choice, but in the end, the Rhino has a copter built right in-so it edged out ahead.

I have a feeling though, out choice of Joe is going to be swept aside by the new version of SE that is coming in wave 4 of POC. ;)

The NAC is amazing and my # 3! ( I hollowed it out for more room too) I liked the little copter on the Rhino, but I always have it separately.

I have to agree, every time i see pics of the new se all the time and it screams DDP AE look. A revisit of the V1 for sure, but a little updated. The new articulation really pushes him over the edge as well.

1st - choice would be 1983 Cobra Commander, he was the only Joe I could play with by itself and build whole stories around playing with one joe.

1st choice - tough but it would have to be Roadblock. SE's is begging but for as cool and SE's was I always used the others more, especially the big man himself.

!st - It would be my Flagg. its dismantled now but it was an amazing sight when I had it all setup on display....maybe one day it will rise again.

I was never into Joe comics so I am safe there.

Joe - V1 Lowlight

Cobra - V1 Stormshadow

Vehicle - Tough choice between the Night Raven and Hydrofoil, but I'd probably go with the Night Raven.

Yeah, this is extremely tough. As much as I love my ARAH, many of the 25th figs updated them so well I have to pull from there.

As such I choose:

DVD Battles Snake Eyes version 37.

DVD Battles Destro version 18.

and the vehicle...

This is really tough. If I choose from my remaining collection of vehicles it comes down to the Tactical Battle Platform or the Phantom X-19.

On one hand, the TBP is a fun little playset, but with only two figures and not so much as a Sky (Ghost) Hawk for the landing pad - it might seem sort of sad.

The Phantom X-19 holds a place in my heart for a couple of reasons. First, it represents a cool toy form of "artist renditions" of never-before-seen (at the time) stealth aircraft - things which I loved reading about in the Popular Sciences of the day and building Testors models of. Secondly, it was the last ARAH vehicle I ever got as a gift.

That being said, I'll choose a controversial third option and that's the new HISS. I know some hate it, but I love it for it's modern take on a classic vehicle, its rolling treads and its over all BA appearance.

I'll play:

POC Alley-Viper

DTC Rhino.

I have a feeling though, out choice of Joe is going to be swept aside by the new version of SE that is coming in wave 4 of POC. ;)

The NAC is amazing and my # 3! ( I hollowed it out for more room too) I liked the little copter on the Rhino, but I always have it separately.

I have to agree, every time i see pics of the new se all the time and it screams DDP AE look. A revisit of the V1 for sure, but a little updated. The new articulation really pushes him over the edge as well.

Pics?? Description of how you hollowed them out to make more room?/ Sounds interesting!!

Draven

I'll play:

POC Alley-Viper

DTC Rhino.

I have a feeling though, out choice of Joe is going to be swept aside by the new version of SE that is coming in wave 4 of POC. wink.gif

Pics?? Description of how you hollowed them out to make more room?/ Sounds interesting!!

Draven

They are both in Ky still sad.gif i had to leave most of my collection behind when I moved up here. Eventually i will be reunited with them. I know others have done the same, because in both cases i was just copying others. The NAC was really easy. Take a part with a little screw driver, and brutaly saw and rip out that handle, and the plastic that covered it up in the interior. Then i just put in a small black foam board cut out for the floor. I always intended to grab more BTR chairs and Try to make some actual seats in there but never did.

My rhino looks kinda crappy as it was essentially the same process, but i left springs etc. inside. I've seen others that look great inside. You just leave the part that rises up for the helicopter to launch up, and essentially tear down the walls inside. I placed the biggest missle launcher that came with it in the spot for the helicopter, to make it tank like.

It all involves a lot of sawing with the crappy i tools i had avaible. I also did a lot of sanding to try and even up the edges.

Man, that would be tough! Just off the top of my head, my 3 might be:

Joe: My custom SE V1

Cobra : AF Red Laser

Vehicle : tough, either my V2 AF Panther, Laser Exterminator, or my red SNAKE Armor. (I love my Action Force stuff!)

Only IF I had to make that decision! :rolleyes: