For those who can't wait for the Marvel Legends two-packs

supreme-d

How is a 2006 costume, classic? It looks nothing like his classic costume.

Just went on a hunt yesterday and found a regular Black Widow/Winter Soldier pack.

I LOVE the subtle blue highlighting on Black Widow's uniform and she easily stands out over the variant version. Since I got the variant version first I was thoroughly impressed with it, but she's just been blown out of the water by the regular version. The gold bracelets and belt stand out so much, the detailing is fantastic.

Also, I had no idea that the Winter Soldiers were different at all in the regular/variant packs. The brown straps are a different color and the shoulder emblems are different. I'll have to research to figure out what the reason for the costume differences are. I'm assuming the solid red star was from the past, and the more Captain America-ish symbol is from more recent history of Winter Soldier... But the way he's packaged the shoulder emblem is completely obscured and the brown strap color differences are nearly indistinguishable.

Still on the hunt for Deadpool/Warpath. I would like the red Deadpool and the Blue/Red Warpath, so I'm stuck buying both 2-packs as I come across them. What's with the price jacking at TRU? When I first saw them they were $28.99 in-store, and now they're $34.99..... With tax they're like $38! Crazy!

On the upside I did manage to find a lingering Nick Fury/Red Hand Ninja 2 pack and picked that up at a good discount. I needed a body for a generic SHIELD soldier head, and didn't want a white ninja, so this find was a steal for me!

When he was under the Russians control the Winter Soldier had a red star on his shoulder as a symbol of Russia. Then he was freed from the mind control by Cap and when Cap got killed he started using the white,blue and red Captain America emblem as a sign of respect and admiration.

When he was under the Russians control the Winter Soldier had a red star on his shoulder as a symbol of Russia. Then he was freed from the mind control by Cap and when Cap got killed he started using the white,blue and red Captain America emblem as a sign of respect and admiration.

Thanks for that! Which version had long hair and which had short, do you know?

Short = good, long = bad

But they put the long hair with the soviet star, and short hair with the capt. star.

Yes but that does not mean long hair is always bad Bucky! He had it both ways as a good guy. It got short again when he doned the Cap costume or right before there. He was good with long hair too as I said. So its personal preferance imo. I will use long on both as I prefer him with longer hair and hope we get a Cap Bucky with short hear (interchangable heads).

Draven

I was going to take a pass on the BW/WS variant set, until I read that Winter Soldier is actually a variant figure. I did find the regular Deadpool/Warpath pack at TRU yesterday and they only had 2 of the regular BW/WS sets. I went back this morning and they had one Regular BW/WS and one variant BW/WS set, so I went ahead and picked up the variant set. I went ahead and bought a single loose variant Warpath off of Ebay for less than $20, beacuse I really am not feeling the blue Deadpool.

Yes but that does not mean long hair is always bad Bucky! He had it both ways as a good guy. It got short again when he doned the Cap costume or right before there. He was good with long hair too as I said. So its personal preferance imo. I will use long on both as I prefer him with longer hair and hope we get a Cap Bucky with short hear (interchangable heads).

Draven

Actually, he was only good with long hair for like 3 panels, he wears short hair for 98% as his appearance as a good guy. He did have the red star with short hair for a while.

Whatever 3 pages or 3 panels, the only thing he did when he had long hair and was free of the mind control was smash the cosmic cube while transporting to his old army base and sitting down and crying. What I meant was that you said that the hair got short when he donned the Cap costume or right before; both of which were wrong since the hair was short a good 20 issues before he was Captain America. But you can go ahead and say you were right and you can also display the figure with whichever head you want: no harm no foul we deviated from the main topic enough already.

Got my Black Widow/Winter Soldier set it was the variant since they only had the variants no regulars yet. I love the Winter Soldier figure easily could be my favorite Hasbro figure, my only gripe is the closed left hand, interchangeable hands would've gone a long way. Uh and since everyone has been talking about prices they cost me 34.99 before tax.

Got my Black Widow/Winter Soldier set it was the variant since they only had the variants no regulars yet. I love the Winter Soldier figure easily could be my favorite Hasbro figure, my only gripe is the closed left hand, interchangeable hands would've gone a long way. Uh and since everyone has been talking about prices they cost me 34.99 before tax.

I took a hand from my stealth iron man from the other two pack and but it on winter soldier add a little paint works great

• Like 1

I took a hand from my stealth iron man from the other two pack and but it on winter soldier add a little paint works great

that's an excellent idea!!! I'll try that thanks, man.

Finally got the variant Deadpool set yesterday. My TRU had been getting in the regular case over and over. But they've been selling thru quite quickly which is good because it bodes well for the future of the line.

Somebody should start a rumor that Legends are THE hot toy for the holidays. It's this years Zhuzhu/TickleMeElmo/CabbagePatchKid!!! They'll get so much exposure in the media we'll have Legends for the next decade.

• Like 1

Finally got the variant Deadpool set yesterday. My TRU had been getting in the regular case over and over. But they've been selling thru quite quickly which is good because it bodes well for the future of the line.

Somebody should start a rumor that Legends are THE hot toy for the holidays. It's this years Zhuzhu/TickleMeElmo/CabbagePatchKid!!! They'll get so much exposure in the media we'll have Legends for the next decade.

Huh. Definitely shows the difference in regions. All I can find has been the variant cases. I would like a regular 'Pool and all I can find is the X-Men costume variant.

My local TRU is cleared out of the 2-packs sets--gone. Kind of surprising in a way because there was easily 20 sets in stock, but not THAT surprising considering today's modern Ebay culture.

Did a thorough search too, checking all the upper bins and overheads--tag was still on the shelf, but staff said the stock was all sold out. C'est la vie.