Hot Toys To Do 1/6th scale collectible figure of Christopher Reeve Superman

JayC

will this effect the Mattel Chris Reeve Superman figure?

Only by giving people more choices on which figure to buy if they don't want both. I Imagine the Hot Toys one will be a lot more detailed but it will also be more expensive.

MAybe it would be a matter of budget. Go with the cheaper mass market cheaper version of the high quality and expensive version. To me, this might be my first Hot Toys figure! I hope it doesn´t hook me up for other figurescause they´re out of my budget!!

The only thing it will affect is people buying the Mattel one and saying "Damn! I wish I got that Hot Toys one instead!"

Mattel does a lot of good things. But Hot Toys is in a league of its own.

MAybe it would be a matter of budget. Go with the cheaper mass market cheaper version of the high quality and expensive version. To me, this might be my first Hot Toys figure! I hope it doesn´t hook me up for other figurescause they´re out of my budget!!

I hear ya. That's why I cut out all non-HT figures. It's all I collect now.

Sorry, this may out me as being really dumb but I never did get the whole "1/6 scale" labeling, 1/6 of what???? Can't they just say inches???

Since this is Hot Toys, I'm assuming this will be a 13 INCH Chris Reeve Superman? The big dolls? The really expensive ones? The ones I can never afford?

Sorry, this may out me as being really dumb but I never did get the whole "1/6 scale" labeling, 1/6 of what???? Can't they just say inches???

Since this is Hot Toys, I'm assuming this will be a 13 INCH Chris Reeve Superman? The big dolls? The really expensive ones? The ones I can never afford?

It means 1/6th the actual scale, which usually hits around 12 inches.

But they're not always a foot. Predator figures hit around 14 inches. And the tumbler and Bat-Pod really can't really be categorized as 12 inches.

Its a carry-over from the model-making hobby.

1/72 scale, 1/48th scale, 1/35th scale etc. all commonly used sized for multiple products from different makers. 1/6th scale, in this case, is indeed supposedly 12" for a scaled down 6 foot tall representation--but as said before, 12" is NOT always a common size.

So the term 1/6th scale addresses the size category that the figure fits in, without actually having to fit to a constant/standard 12" size.

Awesome! Cant wait to see it.

OT: is it true Hot Toys also got the rights to the original Batman Saga(89', Returns, Forever & Robin)?

I know they got a heap of superhero movie licences...

Second best news of the yeat!

1. Mattel's Chris Reeve Superman - the basic figure

2. Hot Toys Chris Reeve Superman - The deluxe figure

I can't wait for them both, I am going to start saving money because I want multiples of each.....at the very least two of the Hot Toys version, maybe even three.

32 years in the making and it wasn't soon enough!!!

• Like 1