POC wave 2 hit i got them today

xhairs

I was on the fence with Jungle Viper until I picked him up yesterday....WOW! This is a Cobra trooper! However, the peg on the pack fits very loosely into his back, anyone else have this problem???

When can we expect to see that bad @$$ Vamp in stores?

Otherwise, it's time for a GI Joe break while that lame 3rd wave makes its way through stores.

Wow! thanks for the extra pics.

The back on Se is hillarious. I really hope those things warm pegs, and Hasbro notices.

While many of you love the jungle/night/stealth viper. I still wonder things like,why is this neccessary if they can build wraith suits? I know different contunity, maybe this one is cheapter etc. Still...

The reason I love the new Jungle Viper is because it's just so dang wicked-looking; also, as with most of the line, to me it looks like something right out of a Metal Gear Solid game, which I equally love and think suits a modern take on G.I. Joe perfectly. Can't wait to get this wave...

The reason I love the new Jungle Viper is because it's just so dang wicked-looking; also, as with most of the line, to me it looks like something right out of a Metal Gear Solid game, which I equally love and think suits a modern take on G.I. Joe perfectly. Can't wait to get this wave...

Yep. I love the MGS styling as well. I think its just note-perfect for GIJOE at this point in time, and I hope it continues on. These are some dandy toys.

• Like 1

Yep. I love the MGS styling as well. I think its just note-perfect for GIJOE at this point in time, and I hope it continues on. These are some dandy toys.

I third that! These are great figs, dang you Hasbro! Perfect timing too, I just started playing MGS2 after waiting almost 10 years.

While many of you love the jungle/night/stealth viper. I still wonder things like,why is this neccessary if they can build wraith suits? I know different contunity, maybe this one is cheapter etc. Still...

Nas - if you go STRICTLY by continuity, Wraith stole his suit from the Chinese, as it was an extremely expensive military prototype. To create them on a massive scale would bankrupt Cobra (I know it's fantasy, but you remember how CC was the ultimate penny-pincher!) but to give a jungle trooper a system of straight, optics-defeating struts to mask their heat and visual signatures - that's cheap and easy.

So, if you want, you could say the Night Viper is the product of Cobra experimenting with the suit (either by Wraith's accord or following his death by the Baroness) and cheapening it for mass-production.

It's sort of why not everyone in the military gets quality weapons sights and systems... 'stuffs expensive, even for us! When I got in, some combat units were still using IRON SIGHTS! I mean, come on! XD

Tom

The back on Se is hillarious. I really hope those things warm pegs, and Hasbro notices.

SE is goin' all Street Fighter on us. ^_^

While looking over the back of the filecard, I couldn't help but read the mission statement again, and it still cracks me up.

computerboy2.jpg

011-2.jpg

I like the new Recondo figure, but not really feeling the Recondo with it.

I identify too much with THIS image of Recondo, which I REALLY like and prefer and already have now

3744916200_3dc8d5820f_o.jpg

So the newer Recondo might become another character, along side of Recondo in my Joe universe. ^_^

Anyway...

Matchbox has the perfect ride for him and I'm going to try and find the parts to maybe do a custom to scale version of it for him. It's the Jungle Crawler, which is based on a 40s era Dodge WC-53 Carryall.

junglecrawler.jpg

Pooda sold me on getting the Jungle Viper..... his pics were to good. @loll@

And I do agree VH, I love the Recondo but he does not feel like Recondo to me minus the camo on the pants and the gun.

Draven

And I do agree VH, I love the Recondo but he does not feel like Recondo to me minus the camo on the pants and the gun.

Draven

I feel the same way. I picked him up because he is a great figure, but he isn't my Recondo. I'll make him somebody else. Just like jungle Duke is somebody else.

in fact, most of the POC figures will become new/different characters to me... not the "updates" Hasbro intended them to be

you all quit with ya complaining, and just enjoy the figure.

Yeah, that's kinda what we're gettin' at. We "enjoy the figure", we just don't think it's a proper Recondo figure, so because we appreciate ("enjoy") the figure itself, we're willing to make a compromise and just make him (after we PURCHASE him) someone else, so that we can still "enjoy the figure".

@smilepunch@

Yeah, that's kinda what we're gettin' at. We "enjoy the figure", we just don't think it's a proper Recondo figure, so because we appreciate ("enjoy") the figure itself, we're willing to make a compromise and just make him (after we PURCHASE him) someone else, so that we can still "enjoy the figure".

@smilepunch@

wow...takes money and imagination to enjoy him....seems a bit "forced". buuut, its your money, so...(lol) at any point, you all can say what you will, but...the old recondo was L.A.M.E.! (imo) *starts looking for the -1's*(and i was just effing with everyone about their complaining)

• Like 3

While looking over the back of the filecard, I couldn't help but read the mission statement again, and it still cracks me up.

computerboy2.jpg

Yeah, Cobra's description has gotten a good watering down ever since 2001. We need to shield our youths from the evils of the real world, ya know, what would kids do if they knew terrorists actually exist in the world?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...the old recondo was L.A.M.E.! (imo) *starts looking for the -1's*(and i was just effing with everyone about their complaining)

That would SEEM unlikely, however, in the Star Wars forum I questioned who the good guys would fight should they ever make an Episode 7 8 and 9, since all the bad guys were defeated....I got a -1 for THAT! So anything's possible.

I definately wish they would have kept the old Recondo head. You can't beat that mustache and every time I see a bald Joe I wonder if they were just too lazy to sculpt hair. The rest of him is cool though.

you all can say what you will, but...the old recondo was L.A.M.E.! (imo) *starts looking for the -1's*

Recondo is one of the few RAH joes that shows some direct lineage from the 12" GIJOE that came before. He's essentially the Australian Jungle Fighter from the short-lived Soldiers of the World sub-line, with just some modern treatments to his gear. If you take the Aussie jungle fighters, and extend the lineage up to the SAS in Borneo and Malaya, and up to SEALs in Columbia, then he's actually a pretty cool character based on that background alone.

• Like 2

@smilepunch@

wow...takes money and imagination to enjoy him....seems a bit "forced". buuut, its your money, so...(lol)

Yeah..it's my money and my imagination. So what's the problem again? Are we missing some protocol about action figure collecting?

at any point, you all can say what you will, but...the old recondo was L.A.M.E.! (imo) *starts looking for the -1's*(and i was just effing with everyone about their complaining)

We all sure love to be effed with. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

...the old recondo was L.A.M.E.! (imo) *starts looking for the -1's*(and i was just effing with everyone about their complaining)

I definately wish they would have kept the old Recondo head. You can't beat that mustache and every time I see a bald Joe I wonder if they were just too lazy to sculpt hair. The rest of him is cool though.

The new Recondo just looks like every version of Gung-Ho they've done since the relaunch....bald and a fu manchu mustache. ^_^

• Like 1