Indy V Rumours

ExultedUnicron

We've heard alot of rumours floating around on the net recently about Indy . Will Ford do it? is it going to be the Bermuda Triangle? Well The Daily Express (a British Newspaper) had this to say:

VETERAN actor Harrison Ford is set to reprise the role of Indiana Jones on the big screen one last time – at the age of 70.

Plans are afoot for the star, who recently married long-term girlfriend Calista Flockhart, to make a final outing as his famous alter-ego. It’s understood the fifth instalment of the lucrative movie franchise will hit cinemas in 2012 – the year Ford marks his 70th birthday.

Fellow actor Shia LaBeouf, who appeared alongside Ford as his son Mutt in Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull in 2008, now reveals he’s been approached about appearing in the next film. “They’re scriptwriting now,” says LaBeouf, 24. “It sounds crazy. It sounds really cool.”

Ford, 68, who made his name as gun­slinger Han Solo in Star Wars, first starred as Indiana Jones back in 1981 in the hit adventure Raiders Of The Lost Ark. He twice reprised the role in the Eighties before returning to the part two years ago.

Harrison Ford in the Last Crusade, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of the Crystal Skull

Despite his advancing years, a still trim Ford performed many of the hazardous stunts on the last film. “I am probably as fit or possibly fitter than I was 18 or 20 years ago,” he declared at the time. However, not everyone was as keen to return – Sir Sean Connery informed the movie’s bosses Steven Spielberg and George Lucas that he was enjoying retirement too much to reprise the role of Indiana’s father.

Jones’s much-anticipated 2008 comeback went on to receive mixed reviews. Indeed, only recently LaBeouf suggested he had personally not lived up to fans’ expectations. “I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished,” he remarked.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/194894/Harrison-Ford-is-to-return-as-Indiana-Jones-at-age-70

again, I'm not too surprised about the alien aspect. I mean each film takes the popular themes of the times. The whole religious artifact side of the 30s and then into the 50s which was all the atomic age, the red scare and of course, aliens

If this truly the last ones maybe it should cross over with Close Encounters of the Third Kind :P

• 3 months later...

More rumours from the Indy V mill:

According to his Twitter account, Frank Marshall has debunked the Bermuda Triangle rumour. He also claimed that it will NOT be shooting next year and its still in the research phase. Depending on who you believe, Marshall, who's a producer or the stars? perhaps either one is lying to keep us off the scent.

According to sources on the internet, Harrison Ford wants Indiana Jones to die in the 5th movie and pass on the torch to Mutt. Rather fitting as Ford wanted Han to die in Star wars, but Lucas kept dying him. However, statements from Ford;s own agents to the Huffington Post claim that Ford wanting Indy to die is completelty false.

Another rumour flying around at the moment is that Lucas is currently working at bringing Sean Connery as Henry Sr. back into the movie. Connery famously denied the KOTCS script. But if this rumour proves true, we all wonder how Lucas will bring back Connery's character if he's supposedly dead?

It was only vaguely hinted at that Henry Sr had passed away. I don't remember the exact quote but it went something like..."First Dad, then Marcus." It would be a cheap shot for us to find out that maybe Henry Sr was committed or broke a hip or something, but hey it's George Lucas we are talking about. The man who brought us Greedo-shot-first, Jar Jar Binks and finally Mutt Williams. So cheap shots goes with the territory.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Crystal Skull was on NBC last night. There were a few enjoyable set pieces, padded with a lot of dullness. Especially the finale. Yawn.

Personally, I found the Refrigerator scene and going over not one, not two, but THREE giant waterfalls way more insipid and insulting than the vine swinging scene. Also, the screenwriter seemed to get bored after writing the first act, because the solution to every scrape they got into was the Skull. Giant ants? Use the Skull. Tribe of lost incans attacking? The skull will stop them. Need to open a secret hatch? Hey! Use the skull.

I don't care if Indy goes to Mars, center of the Earth, Castle Greyskull, whatever. If it gives Hasbro a reason to start up a 3 3/4 inch figure line again I'm all about it.

I am the same.

Don't care if a new movie is terrible or not...more toys is all I care about!

Crystal Skull was on NBC last night. There were a few enjoyable set pieces, padded with a lot of dullness. Especially the finale. Yawn.

Personally, I found the Refrigerator scene and going over not one, not two, but THREE giant waterfalls way more insipid and insulting than the vine swinging scene. Also, the screenwriter seemed to get bored after writing the first act, because the solution to every scrape they got into was the Skull. Giant ants? Use the Skull. Tribe of lost incans attacking? The skull will stop them. Need to open a secret hatch? Hey! Use the skull.

(lol) I never noticed that before. Very funny...

I'm sorry guys, but I loved KOTCS. I can't help it. Maybe I'm too nostalgic or sentimental, or maybe I'm just not a very discerning moviegoer, but I loved it. Having said that, the crystal skull cop-out is still funny. (lol)

(lol) I never noticed that before. Very funny...

I'm sorry guys, but I loved KOTCS. I can't help it. Maybe I'm too nostalgic or sentimental, or maybe I'm just not a very discerning moviegoer, but I loved it. Having said that, the crystal skull cop-out is still funny. (lol)

I liked KOTCS myself