Hasbro Speaks Out On Availability Of Comic-Con G.I.Joe Exclusive Sgt. Slaughter Figures

The Wire

What are these going for on ebay now?

50 plus...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-SDCC-GI-Joe-Sgt-Slaughter-SEALED-Case-12-/260652935417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

How does Hasbro explain this?...

@popcorn@

waits for the surge of "scalpers have rights to" response.

• Like 1

I could care less at this point! Hell, I am still waiting for my second USA version of Slaughter that I ordered and never received. It has been weeks now... I ordered two USA Slaughters, received one and was still charged for two and still have gotten no refund or information. I sent an email to Hasbro with no response so far. I am sick of refreshing that page every 10 minutes for fear that they will sell out in 15 minutes like they did with the USA, or in (what appeared to be) 5 minutes with the Triple T variant. I am sick of this whole mess. Thanks a lot Hasblow!

I could care less at this point! Hell, I am still waiting for my second USA version of Slaughter that I ordered and never received. It has been weeks now... I ordered two USA Slaughters, received one and was still charged for two and still have gotten no refund or information. I sent an email to Hasbro with no response so far. I am sick of refreshing that page every 10 minutes for fear that they will sell out in 15 minutes like they did with the USA, or in (what appeared to be) 5 minutes with the Triple T variant. I am sick of this whole mess. Thanks a lot Hasblow!

Damn that sucks... Its been a while right?...

I understand the nature of "exclusives" limited runs and whatnot, and that they're designed for convention attendees as a bonus for showing up and being a part of it, a draw so-to-speak. I realize that whatever is left over is prone to be even more limited and chances of getting such an item is subject to this, and I fault no one for it.

Hasbro is damned if they do and damned if they don't, in regards to if they make a lame exclusive nobody wants "DAMN THEM" if they make a great exclusive everybody wants "DAMN THEM". For all the online b!tching and whinning about Slaughter, I would have never guessed this to have happened. :huh:

That being said, seeing that CASE of Slaughter figures on ebay is disgusting and pretty sad. F@#k these people that buy up entire cases like this on a exclusive. Perfectly within their "right" or not, I think it blows and shouldn't have been permitted under the circumstances. Online dealers are one thing, but ebay whores....? Don't like it, don't like it at all! @grumpy@

• Like 1

I gotta say I am happy for the fans that want one. Any kind of exclusive annoys me...especially the ones that require miles of travel, hotel stays, and vacations spent. I understand that they want to do something special, but why take a cool character like this and make it virtually impossible to get? I got lucky and got a TTT version on the site. This never happens to me. Re-releasing sarge is a good move for Hasbro. Hopefully it won't be a store exclusive. I think they learned their lesson on that. And now the people that were able to get the SDCC one will have a "variant" packaged one. It will remain special. I "almost" hate to open mine. The question is...will both versions be available?

bah... I blame this whole fiasco on 2009's SDCC Destro 2-pack.

Hasbro invested heavily in a 2-pack that would have been awesome if it weren't based on the crappy ROC movie Destro... and those things sat forever.

they probably figured the interest in GiJoe exclusives was lower and they decided to limit the production of this year's figure.

and those things were available??? I was there when everything came up... those things either came up as "out of stock" or were "in stock" for like 30 seconds.

and I love the "we can't say how many were sold online.... for practical business purposes" ... uh... what? what business purposes? You mean you don't want to tell everyone you only sold 3 of them online because then everybody would hate you and it would be bad for future business???

really doesnt matter, if its a con exclusive and i cant make it then ill ask for help from someone, where theres a will theres a way. I had a case and half of the usa figs from sdcc, they just gave me a sealed case and then the left over 5 seperate. samething with the blasters they gave me a sealed case when I bought them, so that prob how that case ended up on ebay or the guy got it.

really doesnt matter, if its a con exclusive and i cant make it then ill ask for help from someone, where theres a will theres a way. I had a case and half of the usa figs from sdcc, they just gave me a sealed case and then the left over 5 seperate. samething with the blasters they gave me a sealed case when I bought them, so that prob how that case ended up on ebay or the guy got it.

So people were able to buy by the cases?... I did not know this...

I understand that they want to do something special, but why take a cool character like this and make it virtually impossible to get?

All we ever read about Slaughter online, is how much a lot of folks couldn't stand him? @hmmm@

Yet, whenever there is a figure of him made, they all disappear quickly. I never was able to score the Wrestling figure of his either and now these two variants are gone. Seems you can't trust the popularity of something by what the fans say? ^_^

• Like 1

yeah.. I didn't really care about it all that much... I am not a huge sgt.Slaughter fan... but when I was on Hasbrotoyshop.com I was already buying some stuff and I figured I would go ahead and buy one for 13 bucks... big deal.. but then when I saw how hard they were to get, I wish I had one.

meh.

I'm not the biggest slaughter fan myself, i used to be much less of one. I remember talking joe with my non-nerd friends and slaughter always came up with one buddy of mine. There are some great slaughter qoutes like, "that man has the constatition of a vending machine." etc. But my buddy actualy bought me a rah one he found and i never had. So i've warmed up to slaughter because of things like that.

This particular figure wasn't the most grand, but i just thought one would look nice on my wall.

As for the Availability of all exclusives, well it depends. Sometimes i feel fine with it, say PD Destro, that made logical sense. But last years movie one? that guy should have been at retail!

I have no sympathy for Hasbro on this point.

Really Hasbro? You were surprised at fan demand for a figure that has been asked for and about in virtually every round of Q and A since their inception? If they are truly that oblivious to fan demand then everything we've ever gotten was through pure luck. To compare Slaughter to the Destro 2 pack from last year is comparing apples to hammers.

Hey Hasbro, maybe we won't buy any toys this year so we can afford to go to the con next year to get one toy. That should work well.

you could buy a whole case if tha was your limit, i was with 2 people so the limit was 4 usa ones so that comes out to 12 figures. thats how i got a sealed case.

• 2 weeks later...