big lots has 25th joes

Kenx

• 1 month later...

They have the last wave of comic packs now for $10.

Thanks for that! :)

Just returned from Big Lots and was able to acquire the Destro and Shockwave pack, that's eluded me until now. It came at a cost though...of getting caught out in one of the worst thunder and lightning storms I've seen in a while around here. I damn near sh@# my drawers on a couple of loud lightning {{CRACK}} and now tornado sirens are going off, but I'm home safe and sound now and clutching onto my comic pack.

Just returned from Big Lots and was able to acquire the Destro and Shockwave pack, that's eluded me until now. It came at a cost though...of getting caught out in one of the worst thunder and lightning storms I've seen in a while around here. I damn near sh@# my drawers on a couple of loud lightning {{CRACK}} and now tornado sirens are going off, but I'm home safe and sound now and clutching onto my comic pack.

Geez, man...stay safe. My wife has sat through several of those kinds of storms this year in her truck and they are not fun.

That Shockwave set is both good and odd. The Shockwave ( I just won't call it Shockblast) figure is the gem of the set, but he suffers from some needed gear, namely his silenced folding-stock Uzi from his first figure in the RAH line. I've toyed with giving mine the silenced SMG that POC Beachhead comes with, and I have him with a ballistics shield from one of the Spytroops sets.

Destro is just weird.......I don't like the suit he comes with, so I swapped heads with a spare Serpentor and added a Spytroops Barrel Roll helmet--I guess he's some new made-up character now and he's manning a trouble-bubble.

Geez, man...stay safe. My wife has sat through several of those kinds of storms this year in her truck and they are not fun.

Yeah, the TRU and BIG LOTS location is just a 10 minute drive from here, and it took me almost an hour to get home in it, after I stood like a dumbazz in the corner of the buildings for 15 minutes thinking it would stop, and it didn't. The shopping carts were blowing thru the parking lot and slamming into other cars and tree branches were flying everywhere and I mean, the loud cracks of lightning were quite unnerving and CLOSE! :o

I had purchased a big sunflower/fall leaves stake thingy to stick in the ground for decoration just off the porch, and got to wondering if it was like holding a lightning rod? I ran like hell to the car with it anyway. D'OH!!

That Shockwave set is both good and odd. The Shockwave ( I just won't call it Shockblast) figure is the gem of the set, but he suffers from some needed gear, namely his silenced folding-stock Uzi from his first figure in the RAH line. I've toyed with giving mine the silenced SMG that POC Beachhead comes with, and I have him with a ballistics shield from one of the Spytroops sets.

Destro is just weird.......I don't like the suit he comes with, so I swapped heads with a spare Serpentor and added a Spytroops Barrel Roll helmet--I guess he's some new made-up character now and he's manning a trouble-bubble.

I think that may be why I didn't grab it originally, when I had a chance, and thought I'd pick it up later, but never spotted one again and the online shops always seemed to be sold out. Not a great pack, but decent enough to have, if just for the Shockwave. :)

The six sets of comic 2-packs found at my local Big Lots....$10 each.

biglots2packs.jpg

Well I gave Shockwave this Snake Eye's silenced Uzi http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/snakeeyes23.shtml

th_shockwave.jpg

Then I used Destro's head for my Red Jackal custom...

th_redjackal.jpg

Then a simple CG Commander custom...

th_cgcommander.jpg

Those Power Team Vehicles/Sets are also great!