Whiplash and Trapjaw

It was an ugly day. I did manage to complete my order for Whiplash after about 25 minutes. Not looking forward to Oct-Dec.

I ordered two Whiplash's from ebay, a seller only charged 25.00 per figure and an extra 4.00 for shipping from what Matty charges. I don't mind the extra charge since its not that ridiculously inflated price as BBTS.

As for December, more than MOTUC I want the Superman movie masters, hopefully that will come out in in a mild winter month....please

I'm really suprised how much trouble it was today to order with so little being new product being released.

They had four new items out today which increased the traffic beyond normal times. Adding in the system of refreshing even at the point of checkout only makes things worse

I guess with more people using multiple computers doesnt help either... I didnt bother this month since I dont care for this version of Whiplash... But its getting really annoying to hear that after almost two years they havent fixed the damn problems from day one...

Why didn't you like this version of Whiplash? He has both heads, so was it the classic body style you didn't like...just curious. In my fury yesterday I came across the 200X version and I still do like that one as well,overall he has a better design, but I do like this one too.

As for Matty it is really pathetic that they haven't fixed the problem and only offered band aid solutions. Then every action they have taken has basically been a false step

WSOD - Instead of increasing operating power they use this pathetic band aid solution. They tell you not to refresh your screen because it does it for you and if you do refresh your screen you will lose your place, well how about I use two screens and the one I refresh always gets me to the checkout faster. Second is now the automatic refresh happens on every stage of the checkout, so while you finally had the order set, you can't checkout because the dang screen in constantly refreshing. The moment I begin to type either my log in information or the payment information the screen refreshes on its own. Yesterday HOURS after I left work, I went home and went to see if any TJ's were available still and the main screen was refreshing on its own, what is wrong with that stupid webpage?

WSOD - Instead of increasing operating power they use this pathetic band aid solution. They tell you not to refresh your screen because it does it for you and if you do refresh your screen you will lose your place, well how about I use two screens and the one I refresh always gets me to the checkout faster. Second is now the automatic refresh happens on every stage of the checkout, so while you finally had the order set, you can't checkout because the dang screen in constantly refreshing. The moment I begin to type either my log in information or the payment information the screen refreshes on its own. Yesterday HOURS after I left work, I went home and went to see if any TJ's were available still and the main screen was refreshing on its own, what is wrong with that stupid webpage?

That auto refresh crap kept happening to me. Man hopefully this not keep happening, I feel like the new wsod is worse then the last one. I wish the palace guards was part of my subs, that is going to be a nightmare.

I guess with more people using multiple computers doesnt help either... I didnt bother this month since I dont care for this version of Whiplash... But its getting really annoying to hear that after almost two years they havent fixed the damn problems from day one...

Why didn't you like this version of Whiplash? He has both heads, so was it the classic body style you didn't like...just curious. In my fury yesterday I came across the 200X version and I still do like that one as well,overall he has a better design, but I do like this one too.

As for Matty it is really pathetic that they haven't fixed the problem and only offered band aid solutions. Then every action they have taken has basically been a false step

I am just spoiled by 200X designs... I understand that this line is paying homage to the original but everyone having a similar body is getting to me...

I got my Whiplash and Ray in 25 mins. Mattel thinks the WSOD is a joke. They made light of it when they were trying to get people to order the subscription instead. They will never fix that problem, just like they will never increase production. I remember when you used to be able to get MOTUC at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Those days are far behind us.

I'm just annoyed that I could have waited till this morning to get my Trap Jaw. Since they are pretty much re-releasing every figure, I'm not too worried about first run figs anymore.

I hope Battle Cat reissue lasts awhile.

I couldn't get to a computer anywhere near the time I needed to.

I lost out.

I bought 2 whiplash's from a dude on ebay who was selling them for only a few more bucks than Matty, if you want I can give you his info though I am at work and have no way to know if he sold out already, he had 10 for sale so they probably were sub figs. Also if you didn't get and needed a TJ, I think they are still up on Matty.

I lost out.

I bought 2 whiplash's from a dude on ebay who was selling them for only a few more bucks than Matty, if you want I can give you his info though I am at work and have no way to know if he sold out already, he had 10 for sale so they probably were sub figs. Also if you didn't get and needed a TJ, I think they are still up on Matty.

Appreciate the offer but I think I'll be good. I got a Trap Jaw on the orignal run (Those are my figures in the picture in my signature), I'll probably be able to pick up a Whiplash from my LCBS as the owner is a big MOTU fan and he's usually got some spares.

Thanks though!

I lost out.

Appreciate the offer but I think I'll be good. I got a Trap Jaw on the orignal run (Those are my figures in the picture in my signature), I'll probably be able to pick up a Whiplash from my LCBS as the owner is a big MOTU fan and he's usually got some spares.

Thanks though!

Just in case you change your mind or for anyone else

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350383499142&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'm really suprised how much trouble it was today to order with so little being new product being released.

They had four new items out today which increased the traffic beyond normal times. Adding in the system of refreshing even at the point of checkout only makes things worse

Yes, but two of the releases were Ghostbuster figures and one of the figures was a reissue. As of tonight, all three of these figures are still available.

That seems to tell me that there wasn't as much interest this month than in previous months.

Yes, but two of the releases were Ghostbuster figures and one of the figures was a reissue. As of tonight, all three of these figures are still available.

That seems to tell me that there wasn't as much interest this month than in previous months.

I think TJ still had a high interest and even though the GB's weren't sellouts they still added to the overall problem. Plus there is a weird faction of people who have subs but still like to go on the site the day of to either see how long it actually take to get on, or to cause addtionaly chaos..........I remember reading a sub guy who went on the site for no reason whatsoever. I have read this more than once and it baffles me, if they have no interest why do they even bother and take a spot to slow down the already burdened system.

Either way they are not an excuse for the continued poor performance of their website.

Now we know why they extended subscription sales.

Pixel Dan's review is up. Better late than never.

I am glad I skipped Whiplash... The 200X head does look weird on that body... Its almost a perfect update for people who like the vintage line though...

It does look weird, I think that is why on the press pics they have the alt head showing from the side view and no straight ahead. Even with the distortion I was thinking that I want 2 more, one with alt head as whiplash and two others with the classic head as guards.

I think TJ still had a high interest and even though the GB's weren't sellouts they still added to the overall problem. Plus there is a weird faction of people who have subs but still like to go on the site the day of to either see how long it actually take to get on, or to cause addtionaly chaos..........I remember reading a sub guy who went on the site for no reason whatsoever. I have read this more than once and it baffles me, if they have no interest why do they even bother and take a spot to slow down the already burdened system.

Either way they are not an excuse for the continued poor performance of their website.

I agree. They should have no excuse for the website.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE