BioShock: infinite teaser

spystreak

I saw this the other day as well. looks.... interesting... its still very early but from what i have read they really shouldnt have titled it bioshock at all. its only link is the shooting mechanic where you have a "plasmid type power in the left and a gun in the right". Apparently you drink tonics and can control things like crows to attack your enemies..

Btw, not to be anal or anything but pretty sure this thread shouldve been put in the general discussion/videogames area. This area is all about video game based toys. Altho this area is pretty damn dead with that concept it seems.

I saw the trailer and thought it looked amazing! I loved the first BioShock, totally caught me off guard and I loved it! The second one though.... it felt like more of the same, same old run down buildings, lighting that is buzzing, I was kind of under whemled really (I ended up selling the game before I beat it, something I rarely do)

This game almost looks like a breathe of fresh air, I'm sure a lot of it will be the same, but it still looks cool. I'm ready to learn more about the bioshock world and this prequal looks great. I am very excited about seeing more!

I saw the trailer and thought it looked amazing! I loved the first BioShock, totally caught me off guard and I loved it! The second one though.... it felt like more of the same, same old run down buildings, lighting that is buzzing, I was kind of under whemled really (I ended up selling the game before I beat it, something I rarely do)

This game almost looks like a breathe of fresh air, I'm sure a lot of it will be the same, but it still looks cool. I'm ready to learn more about the bioshock world and this prequal looks great. I am very excited about seeing more!

I dont think they announced it as a prequel or anything truly relating to the original Bioshocks storyline. All Ken Levine has said in relation to Infinite is that it has the same structure in its world and gameplay. You still have a plasmid type power (now used with a tonic drink instead) in your left hand, and a gun in your right. And the fact that it is a civilization under a certain type of thinking. There wont be any big daddies or anything like that in this one. No Andrew Ryan or that type. However it is taken place in the 1910s which is i believe about 30-40 years before rapture so it could very well be taken like a prequel, which would be awesome if they had a younger andrew ryan in there. But from all the stuff i read, he says its nothing in real relation storywise to the original Bioshock.

Also I cant believe you didnt like Bio 2... i mean yeah it was definitely more of the same but i think thats why i liked it so much. I love rapture and any chance to revisit and see new places and characters, ill take it! They also improved on the gameplay alot as well. The story yeah was alittle meh but overall the main character, which i consider the environment, was truly amazing yet again. You definitely should have beaten it, just to have seen everything.

I thought that guy dancing in the opening sequence when the guy is falling looked a lot like Andrew Ryan, guess I was just assuming. I hadn't read any of that info, so that is some food for thought. As far as no big daddies goes, then what the heck was that grabbing the woman and that thing that threw him outside the window?

Yeah I kind of regret not beating Bio2, but I was hard up for money at the time, so I had to sell it. Maybe I will pick it up again, but I am still working on RedDead, I've been so busy lately I haven't had time for games!

I thought that guy dancing in the opening sequence when the guy is falling looked a lot like Andrew Ryan, guess I was just assuming. I hadn't read any of that info, so that is some food for thought. As far as no big daddies goes, then what the heck was that grabbing the woman and that thing that threw him outside the window?

Yeah I kind of regret not beating Bio2, but I was hard up for money at the time, so I had to sell it. Maybe I will pick it up again, but I am still working on RedDead, I've been so busy lately I haven't had time for games!

Ha, Id imagine thats the new bad guy to fight.. jk.. no one knows but im sure he wont be trotting little sisters around, so that wouldnt really be considered a big daddy. Id imagine he'd be similar to a big daddy in that he is this enigmatic figure that attacks you and wonders the halls of "Columbia"(that is the sky citys name btw). Also the woman is going to be part of the gameplay element. She will follow you around and has powers that you can combine with your own to attack your enemies. I believe she is some captive princess that you help protect/ get her out of Columbia. They gave some example of their combo powers in that she creates a cloud around the enemies and you shoot lightning or whatever at the cloud to shock them or something. An example of the tonic powers is the death by crows tonic that allows you to summon a swarm of crows to attack enemies.

Definitely go pick bio2 up again sometime. Ive seen it as low as 30 bucks new at places if you know where to look(mostly online). Also Red Dead is an amazing game, which took a while to beat and im sure others have said this but make sure you beat it until you see credits. Theres an instance when you think the game is over but there is one last mission.

I still don't know about this it looks to much like final fantasy to me I probably will rent it just the same as I loved both previous bioshocks

I still don't know about this it looks to much like final fantasy to me I probably will rent it just the same as I loved both previous bioshocks

Well you ll have a long time to debate on what you think of it as its not planned to come out for another 2 years.. :(

Two years? Jesus, that seems like forever

I totally agree sir. Cant wait tho, looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Well you ll have a long time to debate on what you think of it as its not planned to come out for another 2 years.. :(

actually I don't need to debate on it and I'm not going to because guess what comes out sometime next year DUKE NUKEM FOREVER! I am so freaking stoked for it I've been waiting since 97 and it's going to be released for 360 I've watched the trailer a thousand times already so screw Bioshock infinite, Halo Reach, Call of Duty black ops and Fallout New vegas I'm saving up to uy Duke Nukem forever when it first comes out as well as a few transformers figures and comics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CwHzclyYnI