2011 G.I.Joe Convention Location And Dates Revealed

The Wire

YESSSS.

I'm already IN the state and it's not a tough argument to get me to go to Disney.

For those of you attending, I look forward to seeing you. If you've never been to one and are on the fence, believe me, you'll have a GREAT time! We'll probably get a wealth of information on Renegades, the GI Joe sequel, AND an all Modern Era convention set! Probably the best news I've heard in months! : )

The Dolphin is an exceptional resort, and right on the Disney boardwalk thing (whatever it's called, it's nice). I won't be staying there (why spend $500 on a room when I can stay six minutes away at my time share? XD ) but if you get a room at the Dolphin, I heard very nice things.

I'm so excited - this is great news! Sadly though, it just means that Joecon 2012 will be in California

...or Alaska. XD

Tom

Wow, what a bad time of year. Last year I was barely able to go due to the date. I was on the fence about next Joe con as it is, now I really dont think I can do it again next year. Gonna have to really think about it this time around. Pretty crappy that we joe fans are getting the shaft 3 years running on dates, kinda feeling like they want the con to end.

Don - you know if you can make it you can stay with me, right? I've got my timeshare available, so if you can pay for your own travel, you're square, buddy. : )

Tom

Ahem! @hmmm@

Anyway...It totally slipped my mind, but we're going back to where it all started. It was at the '04 con that I joined the TNI site and the birth of my online community involvement. It is where the TNI Joe gang really gelled. It is the site where the CFB was born. Man, those were the days. I miss those guys from the early days. Maybe we should do up a special shirt or something.

Orlando...this is doable! We're going to be in Orlando this Sept. for 2 weeks, so I imagine a return trip in March will be no problem.

Don - you know if you can make it you can stay with me, right? I've got my timeshare available, so if you can pay for your own travel, you're square, buddy. : )

Tom

Thanks Tom, I promise to put a pillow between us...so it wont be gay....lol. The bigger issue is the dates. While its not at finals this year, its at the begining of final projects, plus im in full swing with my summer ads. Usually I have alot of work at that time. Anytime before May is a killer to me. Tell you what reserve my place on your couch and I will try and be there.

Tom

Ahem! soupson.gif

Anyway...It totally slipped my mind, but we're going back to where it all started. It was at the '04 con that I joined the TNI site and the birth of my online community involvement. It is where the TNI Joe gang really gelled. It is the site where the CFB was born. Man, those were the days. I miss those guys from the early days. Maybe we should do up a special shirt or something.

Yeah, it has to be a special CFB moment.

I'm really thinking of going to this. I've always wanted to do one of these conventions.

Give it a go, Cap - you will NOT regret it. The first convention I went to was the 2004 event in Orlando, and I've been in love ever since.

Aside from the purely Hasbro/FunPub/GIJoe stuff, it really solidified my friendships with alot of people. Even though I don't see them everyday anymore, I look forward to hopefully hanging with them at the convention every year.

I think that's how Thanksgiving with the family is SUPPOSED to be.

Tom

Unless they decide to hold one of these in Alaska w/ matching artic theme, i'm not likely to go to any in the near future. But it would be nice. I do however hope to go to a SDCC in a year or two. While i'm primarily a joe fan, I generally like the sdcc exclusives more, and they are cheaper!

Looks like it will be 3 in a row for me. Started in Atlanta, missed Dallas, and have been to the last 2.

Now just need to know if I'm making this a family thing, with wife and kids, or if I'm flying solo (which looks more likely).

EM

Funny how I posted this yesterday

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2075534

and this thread got the attention

ANYWAYS

Its the same place where Botcon was and my friend works at the Magic Kingdom and is a huge Joe fan.I live in the Tampa area so its nothing but a two hour drive for me

Funny it may be in the same hall as Botcon alos..They had a Hot Wheels con going on at the same time Botcon was going on :P