The Green Lantern - Kilowog Revealed

Wheeljack35

http://enewsi.com/movies/190-18283.html

The Green Lantern - Kilowog Revealed

Reported by Outsiders

CBM has posted the following image below from Warner Bros' superhero film, Green Lantern. The image is known to be of Kilowog who is part of the Lantern Corps.

It was also noted that the movie has just wrapped it's principal photography. The film's director and crew will be moving back to Los Angeles this week to begin the long process of post production.

14927L__scaled_550.jpg

he .... does not strike me as kiliwog honestly not even close to anything I've ever seen in the comics ... Are we sure this is just not some random alien ?..

I hope the movie is good enough to make up for the less than impressive character designs. This version of Kilowog almost looks like an muscle bound alien scientist...maybe its just the expression in that image....but he doesn't look scary to me at all. He's not the badass drill sargent of the Green Lantern Corps.

Also kind of weird that it almost looks like his muscles on his chest flow into the GL logo like its part of him.

Are we sure this is the final design for Kilowog I mean this could be a tease of what he may look like but the final maybe different.

IMO CGI people just don't work. CGI environments work 50% of the time but CGI people never come out right. I hope they have made advancements enough that Kilowog and the others do come out right. Also I am one of the few people who still like makeup and prostetics (not spelled correctly) it just looks better. They could use forced perspective to make him or any others look small or large while having an actor in makeup or in an outfit.

• Like 1

As with every other upcoming comic book movie image making its way out, I'm just gonna wait to see it in live action to make my judgment. Is he an exact replica of comic Kilowog? Nope, but is that so horrible?

As to Superpowers comment about CGI characters, they're not ALL fails. LOTR had some good ones. CGI Yoda worked well enough. But I also don't like when they rely too heavily on CGI, like ALL of the Star Wars prequils, shot almost entirely on green screens. I also like to see sets, prosthetics, props....it makes it seem less artificial. The last Star Trek struck a good ballance between the two.

• Like 1

As with every other upcoming comic book movie image making its way out, I'm just gonna wait to see it in live action to make my judgment. Is he an exact replica of comic Kilowog? Nope, but is that so horrible?

As to Superpowers comment about CGI characters, they're not ALL fails. LOTR had some good ones. CGI Yoda worked well enough. But I also don't like when they rely too heavily on CGI, like ALL of the Star Wars prequils, shot almost entirely on green screens. I also like to see sets, prosthetics, props....it makes it seem less artificial. The last Star Trek struck a good ballance between the two.

Forgot about LOTR.........I think they did a better job than SW. I just think a man in a suit would of been a better idea than a complete CGI character....prosthetics and makeup have come a long way.

• Like 1

He reminds me of the caterpillar from the new Alice in Wonderland movie...

the 'first concept' that was released looked better.

IMO CGI people just don't work. CGI environments work 50% of the time but CGI people never come out right. I hope they have made advancements enough that Kilowog and the others do come out right. Also I am one of the few people who still like makeup and prostetics (not spelled correctly) it just looks better. They could use forced perspective to make him or any others look small or large while having an actor in makeup or in an outfit.

It's a good thing that Green Lantern aliens aren't people then.

The problem with CGI humans is the uncanny valley. Just look at CGI young Geoff Bridges in the Tron 2 trailer. Looks awful because we know what humans look like, we know how they move, how expressions work, animators cannot recreate a young Geoff Bridges.

CGI monsters can work since there's no basis or relation in reality for them. Look at District 9, Lord of the Rings, or the Hulk movies (ignoring the aspect where comic fans never stopped to think a giant green dude in purple shorts looks stupid). Nice and convincing effects. This is also the result of a talented director filming for the effects.

On the opposite side of that, there are plenty of terrible directors and bad effects houses out there that consistently churn out mediocre to terrible CGI effects.

I'll wait to see how the final flick turns out.

As a fan of the GLC comics I'm not keen on this visual redesign; but it's one image taken out of context. The character could still be Kilowogg in spirit, and honestly - this could have turned out far, far worse. Let's wait to see how the character behaves in the movie.

• Like 1

It's a good thing that Green Lantern aliens aren't people then.

The problem with CGI humans is the uncanny valley. Just look at CGI young Geoff Bridges in the Tron 2 trailer. Looks awful because we know what humans look like, we know how they move, how expressions work, animators cannot recreate a young Geoff Bridges.

CGI monsters can work since there's no basis or relation in reality for them. Look at District 9, Lord of the Rings, or the Hulk movies (ignoring the aspect where comic fans never stopped to think a giant green dude in purple shorts looks stupid). Nice and convincing effects. This is also the result of a talented director filming for the effects.

On the opposite side of that, there are plenty of terrible directors and bad effects houses out there that consistently churn out mediocre to terrible CGI effects.

I'll wait to see how the final flick turns out.

As a fan of the GLC comics I'm not keen on this visual redesign; but it's one image taken out of context. The character could still be Kilowogg in spirit, and honestly - this could have turned out far, far worse. Let's wait to see how the character behaves in the movie.

Let me clarify -- it's a 50/50 split on humaniod monsters/aliens that are totally CGI. The CGI Yoda looked terrible to me, but the new Hulk wasn't that bad IMO. You can't avoid it in some designs, but I always prefer a man in a suit than say a complete CGI humaniod character. Somehow a character who has normal human-like movements never look right to me......prime example is Superman Returns, the scene where he separates the shuttle and the plane is totally CGI and the movement looks terrible, he looks like a cartoon, and he looks plastic/fake. I know the pic with Kilowog is grainy, but it looked like a suped up cartoon image.

I am not a big fan of CGI, I like CGI environments and buildings but I do love models and real people on a green screen too. For Green Lantern, I would of had Reynold's in a real suit and put him in an elaborate harness for most of his flying/action shots, something where he could move feely but as if he is flying and defying gravity while fighting. He would look real because he is real and the harness would give him that defying gravity look while allowing him to respond to the situation according to his own natural movements.

Anyway I am hoping for the best, its the first Green Lantern movie and its DC......DC GUYS, only the greatest comic book company with the greatest comic book characters!

• Like 1

Ill pay District 9, but Lord of the Rings used 'dudes in suits' aswell as CGI. And the CGI in Hulk(2003) was terrible.

Im with Superpowers1980; i still like makeup, Animatronics and 'dudes in suits'.

Guillermo Del Toro doesnt like CGI(character design -wise). He has said he'd only use it if the character is too small or too big.

I respect that.

Yeesh! He looks like a spray-painted turtle.

I don't buy into this phony "I'm going to wait and see the movie before I decide..." bull. There seems to be a lot of this trepidation lately when it comes to leaked info about super hero movies. Why hold back? Don't you have an opinion NOW? I prefer to hate this stupid looking thing NOW and if it actually looks good on screen I'll like it later. I'm not afraid of throwing an opinion out there. I'm usually pretty spot on about this stuff.

• Like 1

Ill pay District 9, but Lord of the Rings used 'dudes in suits' aswell as CGI. And the CGI in Hulk(2003) was terrible.

Im with Superpowers1980; i still like makeup, Animatronics and 'dudes in suits'.

Guillermo Del Toro doesnt like CGI(character design -wise). He has said he'd only use it if the character is too small or too big.

I respect that.

Unfortunately del Toro is the exception and not the rule in Hollywood.

Sort of how traditional hand animated films have gone the way of the Dodo, and 2D sprite video games. I may not like this stuff as much as Tom Savini and Stan Winston's work, or the Capcom fighters of old; unfortunately this is the future consumers are voting for with their dollars. The idiots are dragging us along behind them on their bumper, so I may as well find a way to enjoy the ride.

Yeesh! He looks like a spray-painted turtle.

I don't buy into this phony "I'm going to wait and see the movie before I decide..." bull. There seems to be a lot of this trepidation lately when it comes to leaked info about super hero movies. Why hold back? Don't you have an opinion NOW? I prefer to hate this stupid looking thing NOW and if it actually looks good on screen I'll like it later. I'm not afraid of throwing an opinion out there. I'm usually pretty spot on about this stuff.

If I hated it from the outset, I would write it off because of Ryan Reynolds involvement. :P

Actually I still refuse to see Daredevil because of Ben Affleck. Ben Affleck? Seriously!?

I don't buy into this phony "I'm going to wait and see the movie before I decide..." bull.

LOL, yeah, why wait to make an informed decision when I can make a knee-jerk reaction based on one shoulders-up still shot :rolleyes:

Here's a picture of something that looks stupid. How much more info do I need before I can safely call it stupid?

Like I said, if it looks better once its moving around up on the big screen, I'll say so. Based on that snapshot though, it looks wimpy and cheap. Everyone is afraid of being proven wrong nowadays.

• Like 1

In the case of DC, I'm less worried about being proven wrong; and more worried that Batman will be their only viable superhero movie franchise despite the fact they have some of the greatest damned comic characters around!

There's NO REASON a Superman movie made with today's technology should be bad. NONE! Unless you let a huge fanboy like Senger direct it and watch as he tries to insert his turd into the Donner continuity.

I'm still bummer the Shazam movie got canned, I wanted to see Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam! Would have been awesome.