Tank competition: M.O.B.A.T. vs. Mauler M.B.T., you decide.

I took these G.I. Joe legends out today for the fun of it.

Performance vs. opponent:

M.O.B.A.T. (Motorized Battle Tank)

* Also referred to as 'Super Duty Battle Tank' and 'Multi-Ordnance Battle Tank'.

+Climbs hills much better

+Tank treads stay on better

-Slower

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauler M.B.T. (Manned Battle Tank)

+Quicker

+Speed allows momentum over rigid terrain

-Tank treads come off tracks

Photo files:

DSCN1215.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg

DSCN1217.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

I never had the Mauler as a kid. I did have the MOBAT and I loved it back in the day. Even then though I did wish that Steeler could sit a little lower in his turret. He was always on the verge of dropping off. I also REALLY would've loved if the MOBAT somehow had the two addition seats in the front as seen in the comic books. The Mauler looks good, but I still have to give it to the MOBAT. It's a more attractive tank. Ideally, I guess I'd love a MOBAT the size of the Mauler.

Mauler was so much cooler to me as a kid and that is strange since I love green tanks! @loll@ I always wished somehow the mold would resurface and be painted in green.

Draven

The MOBAT was sturdier as a toy, but the Mauler wins in all other categories for me.

Although to be honest, I'm still waiting on a new tank made with modern technology for the Joes. It doesn't have to be as big as the True Heroes 1:18 Abrams, but close to that size and be able to fit multiple figs. Honestly, I'd love for it to have a removable turret so you could slide a couple Joes down inside plus a couple opening hatches up top for the commander and buddy.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I'd love to see Hasbro give the MOBAT the same treatment they gave the Millenium Falcon and the AT-AT. I'd gladly pay a hundred for something like that.

I gotta say a big, "WHAAAA?" to that. There's no reason to upgrade the MOBAT to that size. Heck, you can buy a 1:18 Abrams for 30 dollars. I could see 50 bucks for an updated, motorized Joe tank, but aint no way I'd shell out a hundred.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I'd love to see Hasbro give the MOBAT the same treatment they gave the Millenium Falcon and the AT-AT. I'd gladly pay a hundred for something like that.

Now that is an excellent idea. I could totally go for something like that.

I gotta say a big, "WHAAAA?" to that. There's no reason to upgrade the MOBAT to that size. Heck, you can buy a 1:18 Abrams for 30 dollars. I could see 50 bucks for an updated, motorized Joe tank, but aint no way I'd shell out a hundred.

I don't want to speak for MasterJailer, but I don't think he meant the size should be replicated, just a relative upscale in size and more attention to detail and features like with the Falcon and AT-AT. Maybe eighty bucks would be more reasonable.

I'd personally like to see a new Sharc sculpt, a bigger sculpt that would allow for two figures to properly sit upright like in the 'toon.