Jabba's Throne Walmart Exclusive... Awesome!

angiedee

Not sure if this is being discussed anywhere else, but I just wanted to say...

The new Jabba's Throne set exclusive to Walmart is simply... Terrific! I have wanted an updated throne set for years, and hasbro deffinitely did not disappoint! His throne is massive... it has all of these individual little pillows that go on it. Salacious Crumb... Oola... Jabba himself (rubbery body with bendable tail)... Hell, the throne even rolls and everything!

If you do not have one... find it!... buy it!... any Star Wars fan that remembers the old 1983 one will absolutely soil themselves over this one!

Simply terrific! smile9.gif

Its supposed to sell at Walmart for $30 I heard

$34.97 at the Walmarts here in N.C. I've seen them at 2 different stores so far. If I see any more I will pick them up for people on here that can't get them at cost plus shipping. I'll post if I find them and you all can let me know if you need them.

Was it on the shelf or did you pick it out of a case.I saw 2 of them still in the carton they come in but I passed on it.One thing I know Walmart has been pretty good(though not all Walmarts get them in)with thier exclusives.I shlould be able to get one.I went back to the same Walmart and they have yet to do any resets.

Was it on the shelf or did you pick it out of a case.I saw 2 of them still in the carton they come in but I passed on it.One thing I know Walmart has been pretty good(though not all Walmarts get them in)with thier exclusives.I shlould be able to get one.I went back to the same Walmart and they have yet to do any resets.

I got mine off the shelf. It was the last one at my Walmart. I saw the 2 others on shelf at another Walmart about an hour away. I was back at my local Walmart today and they had not gotten anything else. Problem with my Walmart is this... they haven't been getting a lot of stock as they are getting ready to switch to a Super Walmart.

The stupid ass Walmarts near me are also taking their damn time with the resets. No Vintage figures and no Jabba. One store has stickers on the shelves and the clowns want $39 for Jabba.

I just picked up the Jabba. I wish I would have bought it before the resets when it was $35. Now it's $39. I'm not sure how the soft lower body will age, but the base is excellent. The Oola figure alone is an interesting choice for Walmart. The box art has a provocative pose and the figure is seen via a window on the box. Unlike the Oola from the 1998 POTF2 Fan Club exclusive, this figure does not have the costume sculpted on with a netted costume over the body. Granted, the sculpt is no more offensive than a Barbie, but it's a naked Star Wars figure for any overly-curious mind that doesn't care if the figure is ruined. I'm not a big fan of fabric costumes on figures this small, but this one is done fairly well. I'm definitely glad that I bought the set.

Haven't picked one up yet. The Walmarts in my area are hit and miss. Some are carrying it, but most are not. God, I hate Walmart. Their distribution is crap.

Haven't picked one up yet. The Walmarts in my area are hit and miss. Some are carrying it, but most are not. God, I hate Walmart. Their distribution is crap.

Geez I hope min isn't doing that they do it with the DCUC there

Slave Leia > Oola, but this is still a cool set, and I haven't bought new Star Wars in about 10 years!

I still have my cardboard Palace dirorama that they sold in the 90s which is actually pretty cool.....wonder how this Jabba would look there....

Everything except the railing (from the 2004?, slightly tweaked in that the frog bowl/hookah jar is sealed together & there are no frogs) & Salacious (from the C-3PO figure a couple of years ago, maybe very minutely tweaked on the sculpt) is completely brand new.

The water pipe is probably the most disappointing part of the set. Like jedicrippler said it's from the 2004 Saga Ultra Jabba the Hutt and was also used in the Clone Wars Jabba Palace battle pack. I like the vintage pipe much better. Jabba may also be slightly underscaled but if you collect Star Wars then I would highly recommend getting this set.

The base is excellent. Nice sturdy construction. The heads with metal rings in their mouths are done well. While it doesn't have a "dungeon" built in the base like the original, it does have wheels on the bottom that only rolls front and back like it does in the movie when Jabba activates the trap door. The set also includes nine sculpted pillows, including one that drapes over the side. At first I was disappointed that they weren't just sculpted to the base, but after buying the set and seeing how well they were sculpted I quickly changed my mind. The pillow on the seated Leia legs is a good match.

Salacious Crumb does look the same as the C-3PO, but he needed to be in the set. It's a good figure. The only thing I want them to release now is a Jawa with a fan.

I just picked up the Jabba. I wish I would have bought it before the resets when it was $35. Now it's $39. I'm not sure how the soft lower body will age, but the base is excellent. The Oola figure alone is an interesting choice for Walmart. The box art has a provocative pose and the figure is seen via a window on the box. Unlike the Oola from the 1998 POTF2 Fan Club exclusive, this figure does not have the costume sculpted on with a netted costume over the body. Granted, the sculpt is no more offensive than a Barbie, but it's a naked Star Wars figure for any overly-curious mind that doesn't care if the figure is ruined. I'm not a big fan of fabric costumes on figures this small, but this one is done fairly well. I'm definitely glad that I bought the set.

Not to come off as a total nerd here, but I thought it was odd that she was naked under the cloth. It made me wonder just how movie accurate they were trying to make this set. Now when you have Oola fall into the Rancor pit you can have her boob pop out just as it did in the movie.

• Like 1

Not to come off as a total nerd here, but I thought it was odd that she was naked under the cloth. It made me wonder just how movie accurate they were trying to make this set. Now when you have Oola fall into the Rancor pit you can have her boob pop out just as it did in the movie.

Hasbro possibly did it to save money on paint

I was at Walmart today and there was no Jabba

That makes me wonder if Walmart is worried about putting the Jabba set out because of Oola is "unappropriate".Walmart in the past for a while banned certain mens magazines from thier news stand.Just a thought.

That makes me wonder if Walmart is worried about putting the Jabba set out because of Oola is "unappropriate".Walmart in the past for a while banned certain mens magazines from thier news stand.Just a thought.

If that is they got to get over that crap that character is in the movie plus Leia dresses like that too

If that is they got to get over that crap that character is in the movie plus Leia dresses like that too

Ever since Sam Walton died they have not been as much like that. I can still remember them not carrying World of Springfield figures because Mr. Smithers character was "curious in nature" Since he has died they seem to be a little more open about things. They also use to not sell video games like Grand Theft Auto