When Rah turns 30, what would you like?

revsears

Next year is going to be a toon based line (hopefully not in style) but after that, i think a "30th") anniversary is a safe bet. Since many of us are worried (i'll give the toon a chance) this might be the next thing we have to look forward to. 2012, if the world doesn't end what do you want?

I would hope we would see a little more diversity than in the 25th line. I'd like to get a Savage (i still feel he is kinda part of rah) maybe a sigma six scarlet in 1:18 etc. Can you imagine if those googles actually slid down over eyes so she could snipe or have night version or something. Or an early comic tele-viper , y'know a red masked officer with a head set instead of a helmet. I just worry we will get almost the same figures as 25th (duke, 2 ses, 54 cc's that are exactly a like, etc.)

what about you?

Easy for me since I disregard anything outside of 1982 to about 92

1. A 12 inch collection of classic characters. They don't need to be as detailed as Hot Toys or Sideshow, but very close. They can do some iconic characters..CC, Destro, Duke, SE, Stalker, Baroness, RB, Gung Ho, the Twins....for a price of 60.00 these would be good. They have to be toon accurate though.

2. A decent Cobra Commander both metal plate and hooded. There has never been a toon accurate head and all of the recent versions have had horrible uneven helmets. Even the one taken from the movie has uneven sides to the helmet and he is too skinny. No wind blown effect on the hood either and no liberties with colors and etc.

3. A RAH period cartoon movie.

4. Maybe a classic collection, rehashing of classic characters but with updated O ring bodies to reflect their original costumes. The technology is there to get these spot on and I prefer the classic bodies anyway...give me an O ring before you give me that swivel in the torso crap. Also give us O ring characters like Dr. Venom and others who never had a toy.

If a 30th line comes out I'd like to see people stop asking for the 25th line to come back. @loll@ I am just tired of hearing how we didn't get a 25th version of so and so. What if we get a 30th version of them? Will that make it better? @smilepunch@

If a 30th line comes out I'd like to see people stop asking for the 25th line to come back. @loll@ I am just tired of hearing how we didn't get a 25th version of so and so. What if we get a 30th version of them? Will that make it better? @smilepunch@

oh it will as we have so many gaps in the 25th line. hell make it a 2nd line to what ever is out by then.

My wishes are certainly unrealistic due to cost but it is still what I would like to see;

The USS FLAGG re-issued (Yeah I know it will never happen)

The DEFIANT playset re-issued (More of a chance than the FLAGG)

The Terrordrome re-issued (What can I say I am a sucker for the playsets)

My wishes are certainly unrealistic due to cost but it is still what I would like to see;

The USS FLAGG re-issued (Yeah I know it will never happen)

The DEFIANT playset re-issued (More of a chance than the FLAGG)

The Terrordrome re-issued (What can I say I am a sucker for the playsets)

An updated (as in new mold, but simliar) Tomahawk and Whale would be amazing and more realistic.

I have a terrordrome, it was pretty rough when i got it, and for some reason or another i made it even more rough. but truth be told even complete i've grown to dislike it. It takes up a ton of room, and it's hard to display.

I would say all of the figures from the POC wish list thread that don't get made by then

Maybe they could re-release this as a single figure HAS18577.jpg

I doubt that's going to happen. i've not seen them step on the con stuff before.

If they start though, a headhunter grey bat would be a great idea. Heck that unreleased Nano bat that was grey and glow in the dark green was a pretty awesome idea as well. More bats i say!

I know the focus for G.I. Joe, at least the iteration that would be commemorated by a 30th anniversary, has always been the 3-3/4" scale, and I know I'm going against the grain here so to speak, with the current popularity of that scale, but...I'd still really like to see a highly detailed, decently articulated limited six to seven-inch line, in the spirit of the Hall of Heroes line, where you have a select few main characters in cool packaging. To me that'd be a great way to commemorate 30 years of RAH.

BUT...I'd also like to see a straight-up return to a 25th-style line of course, complete with a few vintage vehicles. As much as I love the 25th line, I'm like others in that there are alot of holes in it I'd like to see filled.

Devil Bat: You mean like 6" Marvel Legends style G.I. Joe figures? I think that's a good idea, but they should only do a small line of it with a few figures, not a ever expanding line, just because many fans are more into 4" figures.

Otherwise, they should do a line similar to the 25th Anniversity line. Maybe do some boxsets for some figures for those who missed out the 1st time around, or maybe give them some special type of packaging as a single. And give us some new figures too. Maybe even having 4" figures based on not only RAH, but also other lines as well(Sigma 6, Relaunch, Spytroops, Valour V.S. Venom, Resoulute, DTC, etc), since it will be the 30th Anniversity of the whole Joe V.S. Cobra mythos.

Maybe for some characters, maybe a evoulutions boxset of sorts, giving collectors a look at what the figure/chracter has look like over the years(Re-release orginal figure, and use today's verison of figure construction), similar to the Then And Now Sets. Maybe also include some inbetween verisons of a character as well(Either re-releasing some older sulpts or making some new verisons of the figure) to help add some value to it. Example: For a Scarlett set, it would include Re-release Orginal figure, Re-release Ninja Force figure, Re-release Valour V.s. Venom figure, Sigma 6(New scuplt based on design. Adding actual 8" verisons wouldn't go so well I think), Re-release Movie figure, Re-release Resolute figure, new toon verison, and Re-release 25th Anniversity(Or if there's a newer 30th Anniversity) figure. Or even, they could do differnt looks over the years in 25th Anniversity style(Or newer 30th Anniversity style if there is 1). Example: A Destro Set would include his orginal look, Iron Grenadiers look, Movie look, Resolute look, Sigma 6 look, and whatever the hell else look I haven't think of, but done in 25th/30th Anniversity style. However, these boxsets would most likely be a store exclusive of some sort.

As well, since some Pursuit Of Cobra figures now have wrist joint that can make them go up and down, add that in too to some figures too.

Devil Bat: You mean like 6" Marvel Legends style G.I. Joe figures? I think that's a good idea, but they should only do a small line of it with a few figures, not a ever expanding line, just because many fans are more into 4" figures.

Yeah, exactly. I wasn't prepared for anyone to agree with me. (lol)

Otherwise, they should do a line similar to the 25th Anniversity line. Maybe do some boxsets for some figures for those who missed out the 1st time around, or maybe give them some special type of packaging as a single. And give us some new figures too. Maybe even having 4" figures based on not only RAH, but also other lines as well(Sigma 6, Relaunch, Spytroops, Valour V.S. Venom, Resoulute, DTC, etc), since it will be the 30th Anniversity of the whole Joe V.S. Cobra mythos.

Maybe for some characters, maybe a evoulutions boxset of sorts, giving collectors a look at what the figure/chracter has look like over the years(Re-release orginal figure, and use today's verison of figure construction), similar to the Then And Now Sets. Maybe also include some inbetween verisons of a character as well(Either re-releasing some older sulpts or making some new verisons of the figure) to help add some value to it. Example: For a Scarlett set, it would include Re-release Orginal figure, Re-release Ninja Force figure, Re-release Valour V.s. Venom figure, Sigma 6(New scuplt based on design. Adding actual 8" verisons wouldn't go so well I think), Re-release Movie figure, Re-release Resolute figure, new toon verison, and Re-release 25th Anniversity(Or if there's a newer 30th Anniversity) figure. Or even, they could do differnt looks over the years in 25th Anniversity style(Or newer 30th Anniversity style if there is 1). Example: A Destro Set would include his orginal look, Iron Grenadiers look, Movie look, Resolute look, Sigma 6 look, and whatever the hell else look I haven't think of, but done in 25th/30th Anniversity style. However, these boxsets would most likely be a store exclusive of some sort.

As well, since some Pursuit Of Cobra figures now have wrist joint that can make them go up and down, add that in too to some figures too.

Now these ideas are perfect. I especially like the "Then and Now" idea. And the "Evolutions" idea would work well also I think.

if they can do a scale MF and atat.....then they can rerelease or remake the USS Flag and terrordrome, oh and i want a skystriker.

Devil Bat: I think there have been many people who have wanted at least some 6" G.I. Joe figures since Marvel Legends 1st came out in Toy Biz. Otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing some 6" customs, so that they can interact with the 6" Marvel and DC figures. Course, now that we also have the 4" Marvel Universe and Infident Heroes lines, they can interact with the 4" Joes. Back in 2005 when Sigma 6 was 1st announced as a line with a larger scale, I thought this was Hasbro's way of doing a 6" G.I. Joe line(6", Simga 6, get it), and was a bit upset about them being 8" when I found out the correct scale. And while I do like the 8" Sigma 6 figures(It did take me a bit of time) and think they look neat and are fun, to this day, I think it was a missed oppurtunity for Hasbro because around that time, 6" was strongly considered the "It" scale.

Id like to see them start from 1982 and completely re issue the entire Joe line up till about 1992. same molds, colors, plastic and YES THE O RING!

I would LOVE to be able to have my son see the same toys in the SAME PACKAGING as I did growing up.

I know it wont happen,, but hey, its nice to dream.

Id like to see them start from 1982 and completely re issue the entire Joe line up till about 1992. same molds, colors, plastic and YES THE O RING!

I would LOVE to be able to have my son see the same toys in the SAME PACKAGING as I did growing up.

an international toyline of the UK's Action force characters

historical figures and soldiers in joe style like Napolean, Hitler, General George .S. Patton, Soviet Spetsnaz, Nazi Waffen SS, marines (ww2), Spartans, Samurais and Knights

I would buy 3 of each, at least. Even at 10 bucks a pop

I'd like to see a retro "mego" style line. 8 inch figures along the line as mattels retro superman. starting with the normal favs, CC,SE,SS,duke,scarlett and destro now that would be a 30th anniversary i could get into!

TM

Didn't Hasbro say not even that long ago that they had destroyed most if not all of the original Molds because they were to expensive to keep in storage? I could have sworn I read that.

I would love to see the line just keep going even with only a few classic figures I would be happy with something rather than another relaunch. I just picked up some of the POC figures and I really like them! It's what a lot of people have asked for as well with new characters or existing characters in new gear.

an international toyline of the UK's Action force characters

historical figures and soldiers in joe style like Napolean, Hitler, General George .S. Patton, Soviet Spetsnaz, Nazi Waffen SS, marines (ww2), Spartans, Samurais and Knights

like the red baron or red laser? what other figures do they have besides him?

Didn't Hasbro say not even that long ago that they had destroyed most if not all of the original Molds because they were to expensive to keep in storage? I could have sworn I read that.

I would love to see the line just keep going even with only a few classic figures I would be happy with something rather than another relaunch. I just picked up some of the POC figures and I really like them! It's what a lot of people have asked for as well with new characters or existing characters in new gear.

They've done such a fantastic job resculpting some of the vintage vehicles (i.e. the Vamp, VTOL), I don't see whay they could do the same thing with the vintage figures. I'm not talking like the new 25th-style of construction; I'm talking using the vintage-style construction, complete with the original grade plastic and o-rings, like Storetrooper's talking about. It would give Hasbro a chance to give some of the figures from the first few waves some better sculpting details. Consider Duke and Roadblock for example; the 25th Anniversary versions are okay, but they're not as detailed as I would expect an anniversary/commemorative figure to be in this day and age.

I wish Hasbro would have applied the mentality they infused their Star Wars Vintage Trilogy Collection with into their G.I. Joe anniversary stuff, the mentality that these figures are gonna be the definitive versions of each given figure. At times the 25th Anniversary line did that. For example, when it comes to Zap, Snow Job, Recondo, Snow Serpent, Mutt, and Torpedo, among others, these figures were definitive. Heck, they're durn-near perfect in my book. But others, like Duke, Roadblock, and Tripwire, for example, were kinda lacking to me. I just think some new detailed o-ring figures would be a nice way to commemorate the 30th anniversary of G.I. Joe. The only thing I would make an exception for is to use the softer plastic for the hands that would just pop into the harder-plastic wrist-joints. That way the thumbs wouldn't be prone to breakage like with the older figures.