wave 14 and Wal-Mart

JeffreyA

Well I've only opened Tyr, but so far he's very well made!!! Not a loose joint, very sturdy!! I hope the rest are the same!!!

How are your figures???

I didn't have any issues with any of the figures from this wave. My only gripe is that Zatanna doesn't have a hole in her foot for a stand.

10 LJ. Most cases are 2 Alan's, 2 Kamadi's, 2 Z's, 1 of everone else. Some have 2 Hourman's instead of Kamandi. How can you not want Mr Rice and K man?!?! guitar.gif Those are my two fav from the wave! smile2.gif

And Harry I think I may know where some Golds and Rice's are if you still need em! LMK!

Draven

I got them local the other day but thanks man biggrin.gif . They had one of each of them but there were a lot of Hourmans around for some reason.

I posted the pictures earlier of the Wal-mart overflowing with wave 14. Now the same Wal-Mart has a new end cap full of wave 14 as well. WTF?

I'm hoping to find this wave on clearance down the road....would love to get Alan Scott and Tyr but not at full price.

I posted the pictures earlier of the Wal-mart overflowing with wave 14. Now the same Wal-Mart has a new end cap full of wave 14 as well. WTF?

I'm hoping to find this wave on clearance down the road....would love to get Alan Scott and Tyr but not at full price.

Have the previous Walmart waves ever been on clearance? Actually, I've never seen any DCUC go on clearance at Walmart.

• Like 1

Have the previous Walmart waves ever been on clearance? Actually, I've never seen any DCUC go on clearance at Walmart.

Last January, either a week or two before they got Wave 11 in for the first and only time that I think they stocked it, the Walmart nearest to me placed DC Universe figures on clearance for either $6 or $9, I forget which. And at that time they only had some remaining Wave 10 figures in stock. But that sale only lasted until they put the Wave 11 figures on the shelves, for which the price had been adjusted to $14.97. It's strange that the Wave 10 figures that didn't sale at the original $12.97 price or at the clearance price were marked up to the new $14.97 price, but of course that's what happened at all Walmarts. I don't know if the Wave 10 clearance sale happened at a lot of stores, though.

I guess it would be cool if they clearance out Wave 14 this (or early next) year, but OTOH I don't really care unless I can bring in my receipt and get the difference refunded since I've already bought a set and I don't have the money to get any more. And I don't really want duplicates of anyone from Wave 14 anyway except maybe a Zatana to try the leg swap on. But I don't expect a clearance sale to happen because there's no price increase starting with Wave 16, I don't believe, and that's probably the only reason the earlier sale happened to begin with, because of the price increase that started with wave 11.

Actually there's a WM in this area that has DCUC at $5 and has been that way for about a year now. Without too much detail I haven't paid more that $5 for the last 4 waves...

Also I was at another WM today that had at least 8 cases of Wave 14 on the floor with more in back. Not sure if this is at the expense of other stores but I know where to send those looking for some...

Actually there's a WM in this area that has DCUC at $5 and has been that way for about a year now. Without too much detail I haven't paid more that $5 for the last 4 waves...

A Wal Mart that I go to did this as well. They put ALL DCUC on clearance for $6 right before Wave 11, and they never put the price back up, even to this day. I have gotten some nice finds there for $6. Its about a 20 minute drive, but worth it if I can get an entire wave at $6 each.

Still looking for Gold and Zatanna from this wave in NJ.

EM

Wish I had known, I went to an all night Walmart (Levittown) and they had the entire wave minus Obsidian, I could of picked them up for you. I live in Philadelphia. How far are you from Levittown, I know they have a bridge right from Levittown into NJ.

i am still skiping this wave because next month motuc gets some army builder and they are allready expensive so i have to wait. maybe i will get my set for valentines day. i realy want zatanna. she looks great. did someone ever tryed to remove the fishnet from black canary or zatanna? i would be interested to know if the legs are loose then. can the figures still stand without the fishnet? i am not a big fan of them and i wanted to repaint canary but i dont wanna break her. does someone know?