wave 14 and Wal-Mart

JeffreyA

Today when I was at Wal-Mart I was talking to one of the workers there that I see all the time and I was asking her if they had any new DCUC figures yet . She told me they haven't got any yet but she did tell me that with in two weeks they are getting ready to move the toys around to make room for the Hoilday layouts. So who knows Wave 14 of DCUC maybe part of this new layout and some of the others. So like to let you all know if my Wal-Mart is getting ready to move things around yours may be doing the same.

• Like 1

My two walmarts got a case each in this week so I rush out there at 10 pm open them up expecting to find wave 14--no the first mix of wave 13 at one store and the second mix of wave 13 at the other. Now I gotta hope they sell through so they'll be re-ordered. Surely by now walmart's warehouses have no more wave 13 cases.

I asked for the head of the toy dept. and asked about the GL set and wave 14. All he would say was that they would be doing a major overhaul of the toy section "soon." When I asked how soon, he said "In August." I asked "around the 15th?" and he said he couldn't say. Jerk. He knows! and worse, he knows I know he knows!!! JUST TELL ME! I'm in a wheelchair for goodness sake! It's not easy for me to get to WM, let alone, once I get there, get all the way to back of the cavernous store to get to the toy section.

Any WM employees willing to anonymously tip the rest of us off?

She told me they haven't got any yet but she did tell me that with in two weeks they are getting ready to move the toys around to make room for the Hoilday layouts. So who knows Wave 14 of DCUC maybe part of this new layout and some of the others.

If this does mean that Wave 14 will hit in about two weeks, I'd say it'll be about Christmas time before I see the figures on the pegs.

She told me they haven't got any yet but she did tell me that with in two weeks they are getting ready to move the toys around to make room for the Hoilday layouts. So who knows Wave 14 of DCUC maybe part of this new layout and some of the others.

If this does mean that Wave 14 will hit in about two weeks, I'd say it'll be about Christmas time before I see the figures on the pegs.

Now this is my guess I really not sure if wave 14 will be out in two weeks in my Wal-Mart. My still has 15 figures of wave 7 on the pegs which has been this way for the last 7 months. I was just thinking if they are getting ready to move things in my place then they could have them soon. So don't really take this as news put it as a rumor.

I will be ordering these from sellers on ebay. I refuse to go hunting again, can't be bothered with the failure Walmart is when it comes to DCUC. Target at least does ten times better than Walmart with enabling you to call and find the figures.

same here man...I don't want to do all that hunting again. Look at Wave 10 now, you can buy it at less than retail cost. I will just wait on Ebay to be flooded with these.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a update on my Wal-Mart. I when there today on Weds. like always and they had started moving things around in the toy lands. They still have 12 wave 7 there. So I bet after another week my store "maybe" will be getting new figures in. The worker that I know there wasn't there so I could ask her anything it's just what I think maybe happing in another week at my Wal-Mart so not sure how your guys Wal-Marts are doing just wanted to give you all a update.

I will be ordering these from sellers on ebay. I refuse to go hunting again, can't be bothered with the failure Walmart is when it comes to DCUC. Target at least does ten times better than Walmart with enabling you to call and find the figures.

same here man...I don't want to do all that hunting again. Look at Wave 10 now, you can buy it at less than retail cost. I will just wait on Ebay to be flooded with these.

You said it, no more hunting for me

• Like 1

I'm still confused. Can these be ordered at Walmart online, or Amazon, Mattycollector.com, etc? I'll die if I have to find them at Walmart. You all know how bad they are around me, from all my rants about it. And I have a friend in Anaheim, CA who's at a convention there and he stopped at a Walmart and they had...Powergirl and Cyborg! :rolleyes: I swear, I'm gonna start a campaign to round up and destroy every Cyborg and Powergirl left on the shelves! :angry:

• Like 2

I swear, I'm gonna start a campaign to round up and destroy every Cyborg and Powergirl left on the shelves! :angry:

Add Forager to that list and I'm in.

Even worse... I drove to an out of town Wal-Mart yesterday and they had NOTHING. Not a bunch of old stuff... not empty pegs where DCUC figures should go... NOTHING. They apparently don't even stock DCUC ever. Thank you for more good times Matty. :(

I had an interesting experience there...late last week I popped in and they had maybe 10 DCUC figs including the obligatory Power GIrl, Blue Beetle, Blue Devil, Nightwing, etc. but they were discounted to $11. Nothing I needed but the price caught my attention. Well I went back yesterday and they moved the toy aisles around and I can't find a single DCUC fig at all. So I don't know what is up. If they were clearancing them out for good or if they just hadn't been moved out yet or what.

Oh I so hope that's the case with all stores!!!!! Please, please tell me that will happen. Maybe those 4 friggin Mr Freezes will sell and the Wal Mart closest to me will actually get a case in of wave 14!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Oof! It looks like Wave 14 is STILL a ways off. Over at the Fwoosh someone linked to an article where Mattel says these should be hitting in about sixty days! Ouch!

On the plus side... sort of... that Green Lantern five pack is hitting NOW. There does seem to be some disappointment with the Guy Gardner who it seems is a bit out of scale with the rest. It doesn't look like this scale issue is enough to put me off though.

Mayfair wrote:

Wow, really? I rarely see any Foragers here. Where you located? I had to hunt for mine.

And now we're seeing tons of those stupid shiny metallic Green Lanterns. He's like sand at the beach.

• Like 1

Mayfair wrote:

Wow, really? I rarely see any Foragers here. Where you located? I had to hunt for mine.

And now we're seeing tons of those stupid shiny metallic Green Lanterns. He's like sand at the beach.

There is a Walmart in my area that has lots of these

Mayfair wrote:

About 40 minutes outside of Kansas City MO. There are as many Foragers here as Powergirls then a few Cyborgs. Target has Cyborgs and Captain Cold and hasn't gotten anything new since the Giganta wave. K Mart is the only place that has gotten anything in the 75th anniversary packaging... odd considering their toy aisle is usually a ghost town... also odd as they are selling them for 3 bucks less then aywhere else when everything else is 3 bucks more. I actually found half the Chemo wave and a lone Vigilante at one of the K Marts the other day... just weird. Looking at the DCUC stock around here... it really makes me laugh that Matty has declared there distrobution porblems solved.

Funny my K-Mart is redoing there toy land and the only DCU figure I saw there the other day are Deadman from wave 11 & Cyclontron from wave 13. It's funny that K-Mart is saling them out faster then the others are. My work )Toys R Us( has 6 figures in wave 12's and 4 green Steppenwolfs left. Target by my house has 2 Firestorms wave 7,2 Capt. Cold's,1 Powergirl,1 Cyborg. I be going back to Wal-Mart this wed. send it's my family's day to do grocey shopping and well see if the same 12 figures are there which I beleve will be.