Photo Fun

Tom-1

Hello, babies!

I recieved my Resolute sets from Smalljoes (SMALLJOES.COM - GI JOE 3 3/4&quot Action Figures, Military Toys & Models, Shopping Store) and they are so UNACCEPTABLY great, I had to take some pictures of them. I recommend if you're still on the fence regarding these AWESOME figures, hop on over to SJ's and pick yourself up at least one of each... they are really phenomenal! PHENOMENAL. >8-O

Storm Shadow is one of my favorites in the Cobra set... he is a great figure and really makes for a stunning version of the original 84' figure if you remove his hood.

ss.jpg

"Ninja - VANISH!"

"Haven't we done this like twenty times already?"

ssse.jpg

I couldn't believe how happy I was with Flint and Stalker. Flint is a perfectly modern version of his classic look, while Stalker has a very light and mobile look to him.

sf.jpg

Aw - lovebirds! The couple that fights terror together stays together!

scar.jpg

Tom

Big, bad Roadblock! Yes, I realize - in retrospect - a special forces operator PROBABLY wouldn't put his hand over his muzzle... but like alot of those rules, they go right out the window when you're a Joe - heck, I've seen them firing from the hip on more than one ocassion, too! XD

rb.jpg

That's right, BH... run around, crouching and firing your sniper rifle... you'll fit right in with this modern HALO-obsessed generation. XD

bh.jpg

Another angle of the other SE and Scarlett image... I just really like that Scarlett figure, despite her slightly larger-than-average headsculpt. I hardly notice it, but I know some folks are picky. ;)

acarl.jpg

Tom

Great pics - thanks for sharing. Count me as one of those disappointed by Resolute Scarlet. I picked up a spare early on and was sad to find her head was just as bad in person as the pics seemed to suggest. The bigger bummer was, I had every intention of putting a lovely Pilot Scarlett head on but thanks to the long neck, it doesn't work. I'll just have to hold out for something else I guess.

I don't know why Hasbro couldn't just match the animation models across the board vs these random (and poor) interpretations for faces. Even Destro - cool as he is - could've been badder still if they'd just done a straight sculpt of the animation.

I guess I missed a batch from earlier, so here's a few more! : )

Zartan's line "I just need the killing" was probably one of the worst bits of dialogue ever spoken in animation history, but the Resolute figure makes up for it! He is a fearsome looking guy, and is a better 'update' of his original look than any offering I've ever seen before. : )

P1010594.jpg

What is that terrible yellow ball in the sky?? It wounds meee!!

P1010596.jpg

Because one dog just isn't enough!

P1010600.jpg

(Good luck with that, Stalky)

Tom

Not EXACTLY the best version of the Alley Viper they could've cobbled together but a damn fine one, I have to submit. : D

P1010611.jpg

P1010605.jpg

"...How does this keep happening?"

P1010612.jpg

Tom

TWO....is not ENOUGH!! DAMN THE 7 PACKS!!! @cussing@

Awesome pics Tom! I can't wait to get mine, and I may need your assistnace on some AT sets. :)

• Like 1

Oh! Mr. I-Don't-Like-Anything-New is mad that he doesn't have enough of something new! WELL! :P

Awesome pics Tom! I can't wait to get mine, and I may need your assistnace on some AT sets. :)

I have no idea to what you are referring, my good man. NO. IDEA. AT. ALL. ;D

Tom

Oh! Mr. I-Don't-Like-Anything-New is mad that he doesn't have enough of something new! WELL! :P

I have no idea to what you are referring, my good man. NO. IDEA. AT. ALL. ;D

Tom

"Assistance"...as in more pics, more reviews and what you overall THINK of them...in hand. In the same vein as you "assisted me in pointing out that teeny tiny post of a neck on the convention set figures. ^_^

• Like 1

"Assistance"...as in more pics, more reviews and what you overall THINK of them...in hand. In the same vein as you "assisted me in pointing out that teeny tiny post of a neck on the convention set figures. ^_^

Oh. I was being coy and implying we'd use my membership to get you some Adventure Team sets!

I only have the Dr. Venom and Team Commander set - which I only bought to get Venom. They're great figures without any real flaws - but I'll take some more photos tomorrow for you to judge!

Tom

I'll get the cobra set for sure. I may have to wait a little bit, but at some point, i have to have one!

The joe set, I want Flint's head and maybe scarlets body, but that's it! So i'm not sure it's worth buying.

I want Flint's head and maybe scarlet's body

Creep~yyy.

Tom

Maybe i should elobrate? very true. I was thinking parts for customs. I like the fact that Flint looks a little younger here. 25th's flint looks like an old man. Scarlet's head is wonky and too big imo. But it painted black and grey and given a new head i'm think the parts could make a great mayday.