New Avengers Animated Series

JayC

What other venues , exactly ?

Other cable channels and syndicated markets such as WGN, or KTLA could carry it. Example: Canada's Teletoon or YTV can be expected to carry it, and neither are Disney-affiliates.

YTV most likely will carry it teletooon and WGN and KTLA might have have it on but YTV definately will

What other venues , exactly ?

Other cable channels and syndicated markets such as WGN, or KTLA could carry it. Example: Canada's Teletoon or YTV can be expected to carry it, and neither are Disney-affiliates.

YTV most likely will carry it teletooon and WGN and KTLA might have have it on but YTV definately will

Oh , okay .

• 1 month later...

DisneyXD.com has a bunch of mini episodes up.Looks like a great show.

i also saw a while back that Hasbro did say part of the reason they are bringong the Marvel Legends line back is because of the Avengers movie coming and the cartoon.They said it makes the timing right for them.

So after we get another version of each of the Avengers maybe we'll get some villians they havent done yet.There's alot of villians in the mini epidsode the havent made it to the Legends line yet.

Avengers videos

I've seen like 6 mini-episodes at marvel.com. they are about 5 minutes long. the show really looks great. I don't have any complaints so far except for Ironman's voice.. it's just weird

It looks like a step in the right direction. I wonder if Marvel can make decent animated shows anymore. DC is killing them between the animated movies and cartoon shows. I hope this is decent enough.

Also that was weird seeing Hydra use Brainiac's ship

I liked the cameo's shown........imagine actually seeing Constrictor and the Wrecking Crew in animated form. I will watch it and my hope are high.

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight they played the first 7 episodes back-to-back-to-back and I was able to record and watch them (not quite through the seven yet.) Really good stuff - I might add. And a lot of nice villain cameos and other characters so far. Fury is much more 616 than he is Ultimate universe from the movies. And seeing Hydra, Strucker, Grim Reaper, Red Skull, Loki, Wrecking Crew, Crusher Creel, Kang, etc... was fun.

Seems to be a great cartoon thus far. I wonder how many Avengers will make appearances...

good first episode but replacing Nazis with Hydra was lame I mean do we really need to keep children oblivious to History. they can see blood and guts on the news or swearing what harm would come from having Nazis on a kid show

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm loving the cartoon!

They definitely are patterning everything Iron Man after Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Terrence Howard from the first movie. The whole Iron Man episode seemed to be pulled from the first movie. But if the audience they're trying to get is the demographic that wasn't born when the last Iron Man cartoon aired, that demographic will only identify with the movie so I get it, even if I don't love it.

This FINALLY respects the Avengers universe, though. It's been about 9 episodes now, and we've had: Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man/Giant-Man, Wasp, Captain America, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Clay Quartermain, Dum Dum Dugan (I didn't just imagine him, right?), Sharon Carter (pretty sure that was her in the chopper in the Hulk episode), Bucky, Howling Commandos, HYDRA, Red Skull, Baron Strucker, Arnim Zola, Grim Reaper, The Wrecking Crew, Enchantress, Loki, Frost Giants, Odin, Balder, Sif, Absorbing Man, Grey Gargoyle, Klaw, Whirlwind, Kang. Mention of the MRD (which I learned of through the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon). They're filtering in versions of the Ultron robot which I can't wait to culminate in him becoming one of their best Villains...

I like that they really seem to be following the Avengers timeline because Hulk BARELY stayed on as a member at first, and right after he left, the roster in the opening credits only showed Iron Man/Giant-Man/Wasp/Thor and then Captain America joined so by next episode he should be in the roster of the opening credits. They're slowly weaving Black Panther in so next up should really be Hawkeye and I'm hoping for Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Black Widow soon enough. If the roster keeps evolving and unfolding there could be ENDLESS dynamics as the team changes from episode to episode. It's an amazing showcase for all Marvel talents and a great way to educate kids about countless characters who haven't been in a movie or cartoon series before!

Anyone notice the running gag of Giant-Man constantly getting knocked down during every battle? Every time he tries to stand up he gets knocked back again.

AMAZING CARTOON!

I've seen like 6 mini-episodes at marvel.com. they are about 5 minutes long. the show really looks great. I don't have any complaints so far except for Ironman's voice.. it's just weird

I like ironmans voice ... Its like real life movie ironmans ... Who ever is doing it is doing a good impersonation of it... damn good ... Oh I hate to tell you but those 5 min clips are just clips from the main series don't bother watching them you will just spoil your self ... I found out the hard way with that one I watched them all first & then the main series @loll@ felt pretty dumb lol!

I think at this point I'm up to the latest episode where cap asks ironman if he can speak with the cat avenger & I'm pretty well hooked at this point ... @loll@ I also love how they gave a great reason for having a black 616 fury ... sort of ... @loll@ I just hope this cartoon does not have the same track record as other marvel cartoons of late like ending with out finishing whatever the current story line plot is or just simply ending for no reason ... like the last few xmen toons or whatever hapened with that spiderman cartoon that was so cute @loll@

I also love the amazing use of such odd ball characters we are seeing we have already seen so many different bad guys! I hope we get ms marvel in as an avengers @loll@

I like ironmans voice ... Its like real life movie ironmans ... Who ever is doing it is doing a good impersonation of it... damn good ... Oh I hate to tell you but those 5 min clips are just clips from the main series don't bother watching them you will just spoil your self ... I found out the hard way with that one I watched them all first & then the main series @loll@ felt pretty dumb lol!

I think at this point I'm up to the latest episode where cap asks ironman if he can speak with the cat avenger & I'm pretty well hooked at this point ... @loll@ I also love how they gave a great reason for having a black 616 fury ... sort of ... @loll@ I just hope this cartoon does not have the same track record as other marvel cartoons of late like ending with out finishing whatever the current story line plot is or just simply ending for no reason ... like the last few xmen toons or whatever hapened with that spiderman cartoon that was so cute @loll@

I also love the amazing use of such odd ball characters we are seeing we have already seen so many different bad guys! I hope we get ms marvel in as an avengers @loll@

I agree on Spectacular Spider-Man. That was a great show and a very good first season. I was sad to see it not return. But with Batman: Brave and the Bold hitting it's third season, it gives me hope for Avengers. Plus the House of Mouse is backing this cartoon - which runs right along with it's movie cash cow. I don't think we'll see the end of it any time soon.

• Like 1

Didn't Spectacular have 2-13 episode seasons?

yes 26 episodes in total season 1 and 2 were the same length I am deeply upset seasonthree remains unproduced I was so eager for hobgoblin and scorpion to appear

Er... bwha? There was a second season? The last episode I ever saw was when Peter and Eddie duked it out as Spider-Man and Venom at the end of Season 1. That would have been 2008. I was waiting for a second season, but never found one to appear on TV and never heard anyone bring up a Season 2.

What happened in Season 2? Was Tombstone still the behind the scenes big man churning out new super villains?

Er... bwha? There was a second season? The last episode I ever saw was when Peter and Eddie duked it out as Spider-Man and Venom at the end of Season 1. That would have been 2008. I was waiting for a second season, but never found one to appear on TV and never heard anyone bring up a Season 2.

What happened in Season 2? Was Tombstone still the behind the scenes big man churning out new super villains?

yes he was jailed about halfway through the season last time I checked the episodes were on youtubebut that was before the series got canned