Is it me, or are the new double jointed arms freakishly long?

Lady Jaye

No joke here, the double jointed Creeper, Mercury, and to some extent Robin's arms look way too long for the rest of their body!!! They don't fit with the rest of my DCUC!!! Am I right, or over exagerating??? What's your take??

• Like 2

Robin looks fine to me, and creeper and the metal man are supposed to be quite lanky, so it was probably done that way on purpose. Pretty much everyone shown had double elbows, and theres no problems with them.

• Like 2

Yet another reason I don't like the new articulation.

I agree. I find it unnecessary. DCUC presently has a PERFECT level of articulation... although I would like the full up-and-down head articulation to return. I can accept the double joints on extremely flexible characters like Blue Beetle and the Creeper but I really don't want to see it become the norm across the whole line.

• Like 2

Can't say I had any problem with how the new joints looked or made the arms looked.

• Like 1

No problem at all at least to me, I guess you´re being WAY to picky, people.

With that much articulation, and posing possibilities, are you REALLY going to look for those small details????

C´mon.

• Like 2

MasterJailer wrote:

I agree. I find it unnecessary. DCUC presently has a PERFECT level of articulation... although I would like the full up-and-down head articulation to return. I can accept the double joints on extremely flexible characters like Blue Beetle and the Creeper but I really don't want to see it become the norm across the whole line.

Agreed. I find Blue Beetle to be less stable with the greater articulation. I just wish they'd do something about the joint where the thigh joins the hips. I hate seeing that weird gap when they stand posed with their legs open to any degree.

• Like 2

Yet another reason I don't like the new articulation.

DCUC presently has a PERFECT level of articulation.

3 hits and pass, sir......you've had too much.

• Like 1

MasterJailer wrote:

Agreed. I find Blue Beetle to be less stable with the greater articulation. I just wish they'd do something about the joint where the thigh joins the hips. I hate seeing that weird gap when they stand posed with their legs open to any degree.

okay, no disrespect to ANYONE, but if you grown a** people cant get a figure to stand by now....youre hopeless. how does four pegs make the fig "less" stable? my BB stands fine. i just see this as another way to whine about something....SMH.

• Like 1

MasterJailer wrote:

okay, no disrespect to ANYONE, but if you grown a** people cant get a figure to stand by now....youre hopeless. how does four pegs make the fig "less" stable? my BB stands fine. i just see this as another way to whine about something....SMH.

Ya. DCUC figures were good, but with limited articulation that hindered poseability. Now we have double jointed knees and elbows (which IMO THAT SHOULD BE IT AS ARTICULATION SHOULD GO), and I still find complaints. I agree with you Pooda, I guess whining is a hobby nowadays.

• Like 1

Really guys what the hell do u need all that articulation for?? You gonna go out and meet your friends and have a battle in the sandbox or in a tree??? No, you'll probably just pose them, maybe take a pic, then place them in a neutral position on a shelf!!! These figures are great as they are!! Well there are a few fubarbs in the bunch!! LOL!! So quit complaining about us complaining!! As old Ben once said, who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him!!!

Really guys what the hell do u need all that articulation for?? You gonna go out and meet your friends and have a battle in the sandbox or in a tree??? No, you'll probably just pose them, maybe take a pic, then place them in a neutral position on a shelf!!! These figures are great as they are!! Well there are a few fubarbs in the bunch!! LOL!! So quit complaining about us complaining!! As old Ben once said, who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him!!!

the fool is the person that buys an "action" figure and confuses it with a statue.

• Like 3

I want all that articulation because I want to dictate the pose, rather than have the sculpt or limited articulation dictate the pose to me.

I accept the compromise of a lot of articulation, I know it makes a figure look more mechanical than "natural". If I wanted a figure to just "stand there", I'd buy a McFarlane toy, or a DCDirect figure.

I can see past the mechanism, I want a toy I can pose for dynamic action--the upcoming ganged-hinge knees and elbows will help with that.

• Like 2

First, figures needed more articulation to achieve poses, now they have too many articulation and are difficult to pose, sheesh make up your minds. Mattel's presentation was one of the best I saw in SDCC, be grateful for what you get.

• Like 2

Am I right, or over exagerating???

The second.

Mercury is SUPPOSED to have really long, thin arms and legs. If they had used any of the existing DCUC bodies for him, he would've been terribly inaccurate.

Creeper depends on who's drawing him, but he's often drawn that way too.

Robin looks fine to me, though one of his arms has been pulled off the socket which makes it look longer.

Compare Kyle's arms to the Sinestro Corps member's arms...one has single jointed elbows, the other double, but they look the same length to me. Here's another view.

• Like 2

If this was on FB, I´d click "I like it" on the last 4 posts.

You can vote them up with the little "plus" icon on the lower right hand corner of each post.

Am I right, or over exagerating???

The second.

Mercury is SUPPOSED to have really long, thin arms and legs. If they had used any of the existing DCUC bodies for him, he would've been terribly inaccurate.

Creeper depends on who's drawing him, but he's often drawn that way too.

Robin looks fine to me, though one of his arms has been pulled off the socket which makes it look longer.

Compare Kyle's arms to the Sinestro Corps member's arms...one has single jointed elbows, the other double, but they look the same length to me. Here's another view.

most "complainers" fail to realize that the extra joint was added to the legs as well, making them match the arms.

LOL! So judging by the first half dozen posts, if you dare to speak out against the greatness that is DCDC you get a minus. BUT if you defend and like everything DCUC does you get a plus. Let's test:

I LOVE the new articulation!!!! I can't wait to pose my characters in new and differdent ways! As a matter of fact, I hope Mattel goes and redoes ALL the big guns with this new articulation!

• Like 1

i got my wave 13 today. i love the new articulations. if there is one figure i realy want with the new articulations then it is batman. he realy needs them. even green lantern would be awesome with them. same as yojoebro, i will rebuy all the big guns, batman, superman, green lantern, green arrow, aquaman, wonder woman, flash.