Green Lantern Classics Info Round-Up

MasterJailer

I just wanted to pool together all the info we have on the up-coming Green Lantern Classics waves from the various sites and articles after SDCC. There might be some info I've missed or haven't found confirmed anywhere so please add.

From my online perusals, here's what I've gathered...

1. We're getting TWO waves of Green Lantern classics. Each wave will have SIX figures and ONE BAF.

2. Announced figures so far include:

Kyle Raynor

Maash

Low

Manhunter Robot

Black Lantern Abin Sur

Blackhand

3. A Sinestro Core Mongul was shown. I haven't been able to determine if he's a BAF or a regular sized figure.

4. Arkillo was shownmost likely as the BAF for the first wave.

5. A teaser of Ch'p was shown. Possibly he'll be included in Wave Two.

6. Wave Two will include an ORIGINAL Red Lantern character created specifically for the line by the 4H and to be named by Geoff Johns.

7. There are rumors of a Dex Starr being included somewhere but I haven't been able to find confirmation.

8. We are getting a taller Sinestro as part of a Sinestro vs Hal (in a shiny version of his classic costume) two-pack.

Have I missed anything? Any thoughts on who else might be included in these two waves?

Regards,

MasterJailer

• Like 1

A pic I have for Mongul specifically says:

Wave 1: Sinestro Corps Mongul

No text about C&C like Arkillo Does.

Based on photos, Wave 1 will be:

BL Abin Sur

SC Low

SC Maash

SC Mongul

SC Arkillo C&C

that leaves, Kyle, Black Hand, and Manhunter up in the air.

BTW, a Dex Star was shown with DCD Mera.

So Wave One will be...

1. Kyle Raynor

2. Mongul

3.Blackhand

4.Manhunter

5. Low/Maash

6. Black Lantern Abin Sur

C&C: Arkillo

This leaves Wave Two based on what we know as possibly being...

1. Unnamed Original Red Lantern

2. Ch'p? (Maybe packaged with someone else such as a Guardian or other smaller Lantern?)

3. ?

4.?

5. ?

6.?

C&C: ?

I'm sure each wave will have at least ONE actual Green Lantern in it. Who's left to anchor Wave 2? I'd love to see the 4H take on Salaak! I'm afraid this line will become diluted with all the multi-colored Lanterns like the Blues, the Reds, etc. I'd rather keep the focus on the GLC itself with more classic Lantern villains like Doctor Polaris and Evilstar mixed in. Sadly, I'm guessing we'll only see a couple of slots devoted to characters like these while the rest go to the multi-colored lanterns like that Orange colored knock-off of Golum and Atrocitous.

• Like 1

I Hope Mattel is not that advanced to make the Yellow Lanterns have the double knee and elbow joint!!!! Wouldn´t that be dumb? have the new sculpt and not use it???

I thought I read somewhere that one of the figures will have an interchangable head....one of the yellow lanterns, can anyone confirm this?

That would make sense for Arkillo since the figure shows him with his tongue still but in the most recent comics his tongue has been ripped out & he has it hung around his neck ...

I thought I read somewhere that one of the figures will have an interchangable head....one of the yellow lanterns, can anyone confirm this?

It's Low and Maash....same body, but with heads and arms for both characters.

On a side note, does anyone know what has happened to comicfigs.net? (formally known as marvellegends.net)

On a side note, does anyone know what has happened to comicfigs.net? (formally known as marvellegends.net)

It got hacked, and there was some drama, plus Waiting (who runs the site) has some troubles in real life....from what i've heard, it probably won't be back up. :(

It got hacked, and there was some drama, plus Waiting (who runs the site) has some troubles in real life....from what i've heard, it probably won't be back up. :(

Man....I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck to him on his personal life. :(

Just pre-ordered 2 Low/Maash figures. The other figures I already have the DC Direct versions and in the case of Arkillo I prefer the DC Direct version so I get that one. I don't know what to do about Mongul though. Both The DC Universe Classics and DC Direct versions are flawed and lazy repaints.

Just pre-ordered 2 Low/Maash figures. The other figures I already have the DC Direct versions and in the case of Arkillo I prefer the DC Direct version so I get that one. I don't know what to do about Mongul though. Both The DC Universe Classics and DC Direct versions are flawed and lazy repaints.

I'm with you, I started my lantern collection in DC Direct but I would probably get some of the GLC ones especially that new original Red Lantern. As for the Mongul I would suggest the DC Direct one since it's bigger and last I saw Mongul he was towering over Hal and Sinestro and plus the GLC will come with CnC piece of a character you already stated you're not interested in getting so.... plus he's due in like 2 weeks I already preordered mine.biggrin.gif

Rumor has it that wave 2 will have a modern Guy Gardner, with a red lantern variant.

I'd love that honestly that was a great part of BK! Maybe I can finally get my blue & green hal in this line up @loll@

It's Low and Maash....same body, but with heads and arms for both characters.

Oh ... I see that is interesting .... I may have maash parts for sale then... while low looks cool & freaky maash is just ##$%$#ed looking ... I'd have rather they done the robot guy (brought sinestro his ring when he helped him escape from the red lanterns ) or the liquid jell thing with the bones inside @loll@

• 2 weeks later...

Why the heck is this called Green Lantern Classics if all of the figures announced so far are from Rebirth/Sinestro Corps/Blackest Night? Those are pretty much the least "classic" Green Lantern characters I can think of. Where is Dr. Polaris, Star Sapphire, classic Kyle Raynor, heck even Jade or Major Force or Guy Gardner as Warrior?

This line should be renamed "Green Lantern: capitalizing on stupid crossovers that get on your nerves to get even more of your money"

• Like 1

Why the heck is this called Green Lantern Classics if all of the figures announced so far are from Rebirth/Sinestro Corps/Blackest Night? Those are pretty much the least "classic" Green Lantern characters I can think of. Where is Dr. Polaris, Star Sapphire, classic Kyle Raynor, heck even Jade or Major Force or Guy Gardner as Warrior?

This line should be renamed "Green Lantern: capitalizing on stupid crossovers that get on your nerves to get even more of your money"

Lets go with a more accurate name shall we. This line should be renamed "Green Lantern: capitalizing on stupid crossovers that get on supreme-d's nerves to get even more of his money cause he can't help buying things even if he doesn't like them".

Honestly what's there to #@$#@ about, if you don't want them, don't buy them....you'll save yourself a lot of bother and money. Seems like a win win for you. @smilepunch@

• Like 1

Lets go with a more accurate name shall we. This line should be renamed "Green Lantern: capitalizing on stupid crossovers that get on supreme-d's nerves to get even more of his money cause he can't help buying things even if he doesn't like them".

Honestly what's there to #@$#@ about, if you don't want them, don't buy them....you'll save yourself a lot of bother and money. Seems like a win win for you. @smilepunch@

Hey I didnt say I was going to buy any of them. I just would much rather get some of the classic characters before I get Low and Maash. I'm especially disappointed by that Kyle though. It's not even an accurate depiction of his modern costume. Why waste the time making it?

• Like 1

Hey I didnt say I was going to buy any of them. I just would much rather get some of the classic characters before I get Low and Maash. I'm especially disappointed by that Kyle though. It's not even an accurate depiction of his modern costume. Why waste the time making it?

To each his own I guess. They seemed ok to me. As far as accuracy goes, lots of figures in the Classics line aren't strictly accurate. It's not really that big a deal.

I just would much rather get some of the classic characters before I get Low and Maash. I'm especially disappointed by that Kyle though. It's not even an accurate depiction of his modern costume. Why waste the time making it?

Yeah I agree above. I would've thought that they would release an even mix of classic characters/costumes with modern stuff.

I think the only classic figure we're getting is Black Hand and a Manhunter robot (but even that has a modern design).

In the end i'm not really complaining, b/c i don't buy any of the modern stuff... rainbow lanterns ect... but i am surprised at the lack of Green Lanterns in a line by it's namesake. I thought this would've been a great place to get out more unique lanterns or easy head swaps with the basic lantern body.

Oh well, i don't mind saving the $$

regards

Joshua

but i am surprised at the lack of Green Lanterns in a line by it's namesake.

Ah what is Kyle Rayner, chopped liver? @loll@

Kyle is one lone lantern when there are lots of other corps members they could pick from they could do two green lanterns per wave & never run out @loll@