Pursuit of Cobra

Joker08

Finally got the SE, Duke and Beachhead tonight!! I am really impressed! These are without a doubt the most impressive Joes since RAH days quality wise. Tones of unique gear rocks!

Draven

Is there at least 1 CC per case?...

I'm seeing fewer Alley Vipers and Snow Jobs than I am of that "chase" CC.

haha, yeah. only seen one of each of those and 2 CCs. Also, haven't even seen destro, that camo viper dude, or firefly.

wait is Destro and the Viper out??

Draven

i have no idea. maybe that's why i haven't found them (and by camo viper dude, i'm talking about the dude with all the vegetation camo).

i haven't seen the tru exclusives either.

Here is the line for the first 2 waves (thanks to terrordrome)

Wave 1 2010 (July/Aug. 2010; SRP $5.99-$6.99 ea.)

“Arctic Threat” Snow Job (UPC #: 65356952247)

“City Strike” Alley-Viper (UPC #: 65356952254)

“City Strike” Beachhead (UPC #: 65356952250)

“City Strike” Firefly (UPC #: 65356952255)

“Desert Battle” Snake Eyes (Was formerly the “Arctic Threat” SE; UPC #: 65356952246)

“Desert Battle” Storm Shadow (UPC #: 65356952249)

“Jungle Assault” Duke (UPC #: 65356952244)

Cobra Commander on Cobra-Themed Card (No longer a mail-away, now a CHASE figure, 1 per case; UPC #: 65356952244)

Target DPCI #: 087-06-2239

Wave 2 2010 (Sept./Oct. 2010; SRP $5.99-$6.99 ea.)

“Arctic Threat” Destro (UPC #: 65356952259)

“Desert Battle” Dusty (UPC #: 65356952261)

“Jungle Assault” Jungle-Viper (UPC #: 65356952260)

“Jungle Assault” Recondo (UPC #: 65356952258)

“Jungle Assault”(?) Snake Eyes (ALL NEW) (UPC #: 65356952256)

“Desert Battle” Zartan (UPC #: 65356952257)

Target DPCI #: 087-06-2239

I've found all of them frow wave 1 so far (passing on Duke for now). Only seen multiples of Duke, SS, SE and Beachhead. Only 1 of the rest (3 different times at 2 locations)

I think he just meant wave 1 Pooda.

he better had.

Just kidding.

• Like 2

I've bought Duke, Snowjob, and Beachhead. I've found a few others that I've passed up. I haven't seen the alley viper at all of Spirit of Quick Kick.

These are spectacular figures. It's soooo sad that POC which is doing a tremendous job of re-invigorating interest in this line will be given a viking funeral in favor of that lousy animated line.

• Like 1

It's soooo sad that POC which is doing a tremendous job of re-invigorating interest in this line will be given a viking funeral in favor of that lousy animated line.

But you don't even know what the figures for the Renegades-inspired line will look like--you've no idea what the styling is going to be like.

• Like 1

It's soooo sad that POC which is doing a tremendous job of re-invigorating interest in this line will be given a viking funeral in favor of that lousy animated line.

But you don't even know what the figures for the Renegades-inspired line will look like--you've no idea what the styling is going to be like.

Yes. I do.

I don't like 'em.

all i found were snake eyes and stormshadow and i thought to myself 'bummer, missed out' i looked down at the mess on the shelves...and there i saw/found the cobra commander chase figure! lucky! X3 and then duke on another peg. wonderful!

(along with starwars bossk, clonewars pre vizska, vintage collection bespin luke.)

today was a great day!

also, i HOPE to god almighty that the renagades action figures will be stylized like CLONEWARS.

I am so happy with this line! I am so pissed that I already know it is on the way out. This is by far the best line they have put out since the last good vintage Joe run of '89. The weapons and accessories are great the arms are better and the sculpts are great. Not a fan of the knee joints or the fact that some of the figures struggle to hold all the different gear but I'd still rather have it than not.

I am so happy with this line! I am so pissed that I already know it is on the way out.

I've been surprised at how much I enjoy these figures. I guess after the debacle of ROC I'd turned away from GIJ and just half expected for POC to turn out to be ROC II. It is however a very nice use of classic characters given modern detailing that still gives them that modern military flavor yet still avoids making them look too science fiction-ish. Sadly, Hasbro is treating POC as a dumping ground for their unreleased products and as something to hold us fans over until they roll out the animated line in force.

I don't know how that animated line is going to go over, but it's not for me. They tried... I guess... to make it seemless with current Joe lines but it still looks noticeably off. Those long spindly arms, the baggy pants and the Star Wars like accessories just put me off. Most of the initial figures are characters we've seen to death... Duke, Lady Jaye, Snake Eyes.... I already have those characters. I really don't need uglier versions of them.

• Like 1