DCUC Robin the "Boy" wonder

Flounnderr

I saw the pics from sdcc of the Robin from wave 16. It looks like the Perez adult Robin version, but then i noticed the more Kane inspired robin head... so they're going to put that on the adult robin body? Can't we just have a Robin "boy wonder," we already have kid flash in that scale, between Kid flash, drake robin and beastboy there's almost all the parts for a classic robin.

I really tempted to hold out for the boy wonder version that i'm sure they'll eventually make.

also, I was a bit surprised that there were no fabric capes... i thought after Trigon they might begin to introduce them into the line.

regards

Joshua

Did anyone notice the muscles on this kid, his arms are huge

We preach and we preach about the dangers of steroids, but do these kids listen? I blame Barry Bonds! *sigh*

Hey at less we finally are getting Dick "Robin the boy Wonder" Grayson. I don't care if he has big muscles like Aquaman or Zan at less we are getting him. Now all we need is Static Shock :D

Did anyone notice the muscles on this kid, his arms are huge

I thought that the arms were too big too. But I finally got a Mary Marvel figure and noticed that the arms on the figure on the back of the package are beefier than the figure that came in the package. Maybe they'll slim down his arms a bit.

I did notice the extra face, but I don't think its supposed to be the younger Dick Grayson's. Judging by the angry expression, I'm thinking it's Jason Todd.

Before anybody gets there "alternate-head" hopes up though, I bet it's either going to be a variant (ala hair-do Barda) or a running change (ala Ronniestorm/Jasonstorm.

Actually it looks more Dick Sprang to me (look him up kids) than Jason Todd. Probably a variant but really hoping its an "accessory."

At first, I thought it was a swappable head. That trend would be too good to be true.

After a while, as people mentioned a variant head situation, I believe that is probably what will happen.

The Robin, I wanted bad was a thinner version of the Wave 3 figure, or the Walmart Dynamic Duo scheme.

Basically a more articulated version of this:

DCSHRobin.jpg

At first, I thought it was a swappable head. That trend would be too good to be true.

After a while, as people mentioned a variant head situation, I believe that is probably what will happen.

The Robin, I wanted bad was a thinner version of the Wave 3 figure, or the Walmart Dynamic Duo scheme.

Basically a more articulated version of this:

DCSHRobin.jpg

Yeah I'm making that one and a "Boy Wonder" version based on Burt Ward. All are going to be "boy Wonder" sized, and not the adult version.... the costume looks kinda odd on an adult. Depending on what the end product is on this current robin, I might use the Sprang/Kane head... who knows.

regards

Joshua

Just to let you all know that BigBadToyStore has wave 16 up for per-orders now. I already per-Order Robin so I know I will get him when he comes out.

Waste of a spot

Not true. Now people will stop whining about getting him.

Now with him and Martian Manhunter coming out it will be interesting to see what people will complain about not getting that they need so bad in their collections.

Unknown Soldier, Aztek, Prometheus, Dick Grayson Batman, Hook Hand Aquaman, and Kyle Rayner done right. Then I'm golden.

Waste of a spot

Now with him and Martian Manhunter coming out it will be interesting to see what people will complain about not getting that they need so bad in their collections.

Unknown Soldier, Aztek, Prometheus, Dick Grayson Batman, Hook Hand Aquaman, and Kyle Rayner done right. Then I'm golden.

is prometheus back in the comics?

He recently returned in a really terrible JLA story. He blew up Star City killing Speedy's baby daughter. Green Arrow went homicidal and shot Prometheus through the head with an arrow. This led directly into one of the most vile comic books I ever read, The Rise of Arsenal.

• Like 1

He recently returned in a really terrible JLA story. He blew up Star City killing Speedy's baby daughter. Green Arrow went homicidal and shot Prometheus through the head with an arrow. This led directly into one of the most vile comic books I ever read, The Rise of Arsenal.

Don't forget Green Arrow going rogue and hiding in the forest a la Robin Hood.

If Prometheus directly led to the rise of arsenal, then that's all the more reason I need a figure of him. He like the evilest of all. Also, he just seems like he would look cool as a figure.

Waste of a spot

And Captain Triumph.....

Dick Grayson Robin, and Martian Manhunter will give me a nice plateau to pause on in collecting DCUC.

They are two figures that really complete and idealized, abbreviated DC roster for me--Batman needs a proper Robin, and Martian Manhunter completes the incarnation of the JLA that I like most.

Having them both, I can then concentrate on finishing my Super Powers-themed roster, and then collect any straggler characters that interest me at a casual pace. I'll probably aim for an 80's era Teen Titans next.