SDCC Sgt. Slaughter Sells Out In 8 Minutes?! WTF?!!

angiedee

I agree. I was waiting and watching. I don't think he was ever "in stock"

and they messed up with Galactus.. he didn't go on sale until about 10 minutes after everything else was already up... that's why I missed him too. I was already getting my stuff and then he came up while I was in the check out process. Galactus only lasted like 3 minutes, and I didn't get one

He was never in stock.

Hasbro messed up and did not make enough.

I don't know about Hasbro "messing up," but it has been confirmed that no Sgt. Slaughters sold yesterday. They were automatically listed as "Out of Stock."

Why HTS would bother listing a figure they don't have (or at least have ready) to sell is beyond me.

Maybe, just maybe they listed because there would be some ready in a day or two? or someone just listed it accidentally when they should have been listing galactus?

It may sound odd, but i'm usually happy when i don't like the exclusives that way, i don't have to worry about all the stress!

I am not sure if Triple T went on sale... But USA Deco did for a few minutes before it sold out...

Do we have any real confirmation on this?

Yes, I can deffinitely confirm that the USA version did go on sale today. I have already received my confirmation email. They sold out in about 10 minutes. I believe they went on sale around 12:00 or 12:10. I can't remember.

I am not sure if Triple T went on sale... But USA Deco did for a few minutes before it sold out...

Yes, I can deffinitely confirm that the USA version did go on sale today. I have already received my confirmation email. They sold out in about 10 minutes. I believe they went on sale around 12:00 or 12:10. I can't remember.

Which standard time? Thank you.

Eastern. I'm in North Carolina.

Thank you, set the alarm, sgt. slaughter hopefully in stock tomorrow......

Thank you, set the alarm, sgt. slaughter hopefully in stock tomorrow......

Hey JD... I ordered 2 today... one for me and one for another member here, but they got one themselves. I will sell it to you at cost plus the shipping. I will just split the bill down the middle. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks...

Geez it's like Classics Thundercracker all over again. Why the hades would they make something like this limited edition?

They don't even have the excuse they did with Thundercracker. Slaughter could easily have slipped into a regular retail wave - make him slightly lower volume and we would've been golden - especially the more "normal" looking Triple T version. Ah well.

Geez it's like Classics Thundercracker all over again. Why the hades would they make something like this limited edition?

They don't even have the excuse they did with Thundercracker. Slaughter could easily have slipped into a regular retail wave - make him slightly lower volume and we would've been golden - especially the more "normal" looking Triple T version. Ah well.

Simple the WWE won't allow it in retail minus the WWE lines

Draven

Draven

Eh... I don't know about this. I figured the "realistic" sculpt was the allowance given to them to begin with. Hasbro's answers were sketchy from the start about using "early media resources" as their source for this figure vs a true revamp of the original. Of course, we'll never know the REAL answer as Hasbro will just claim they wanted to do "something special for the fans at SDCC"...

Draven

Eh... I don't know about this. I figured the "realistic" sculpt was the allowance given to them to begin with. Hasbro's answers were sketchy from the start about using "early media resources" as their source for this figure vs a true revamp of the original. Of course, we'll never know the REAL answer as Hasbro will just claim they wanted to do "something special for the fans at SDCC"...

who knows why it was done, but the realistic sculpt is the reason i'll be keeping mine in the package. I'll leave my custom (if i ever get it shipped to my new place) on display. I used roadblock arms and chest, i don't see why this version didn't.

I'm sure as hell not paying 30+ dollars for a 3 3/4" figure I'm going to open.

'Not a convention man, eh? ; )

Tom

I feel the pain, i really do. There have been a few exclusives i've wanted but just not been able to afford and for the value you get, it's really not worth it. But if you do get it, it's neat. I think i've convinced my wife to safe and actually go ourselves next year.