SDCC Sgt. Slaughter Sells Out In 8 Minutes?! WTF?!!

angiedee

I'm sure as hell not paying 30+ dollars for a 3 3/4" figure I'm going to open.

'Not a convention man, eh? ; )

Tom

Don't get twisted Tom, I could have gotten someone to get me one at the convention, but I figured I would save them the hassle since Hasbro was going to have some to sell on their site like they do every year. Also, I doubt I would ever go to SDCC, smelly geeks everywhere doesn't sound like fun, I hate crowds. When I go on vacation, it's somewhere tropical where there are plenty wide open spaces (and bikinis). So yeah, I guess you could say I'm not a convention kind of dude.

Geez it's like Classics Thundercracker all over again. Why the hades would they make something like this limited edition?

They don't even have the excuse they did with Thundercracker. Slaughter could easily have slipped into a regular retail wave - make him slightly lower volume and we would've been golden - especially the more "normal" looking Triple T version. Ah well.

Simple the WWE won't allow it in retail minus the WWE lines

Draven

Eh... I don't know about this. I figured the "realistic" sculpt was the allowance given to them to begin with. Hasbro's answers were sketchy from the start about using "early media resources" as their source for this figure vs a true revamp of the original. Of course, we'll never know the REAL answer as Hasbro will just claim they wanted to do "something special for the fans at SDCC"...

They wont say it but its the reason. Its been stated before by WWE, Slaughter himself and even Hasbro in the past. This happened because it was a con exclusive if you remember what was stated in years past.

Draven

I sent Hasbro Customer Service a question regarding the "out of stock" Slaughter firgures on Monday when they first appeared (without pics anyway) for sale. I heard nothing until today. Look at this VERY helpful... VERY insightful response. I don't know about everyone else, but this helped me out A LOT...

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for contacting HasbroToyShop.com.

Thank you for your interest in our products. In regards to your inquiry, we do apologize, but unfortunately, the items in question are currently out of stock. We encourage you to check the website frequently for updates.

We greatly appreciate your business. If you have additional questions, please visit our website, www.HasbroToyShop.com, or contact our Customer Service Center via e-mail at CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com or phone at 1-800-408-0052.

Sincerely,

Florence D.

HasbroToySop.com

CustomerServiceRep

Check out the website frequently? Man... I sure as hell am glad that they were able to give me some information on what to do! I had NEVER thought of that! HOORAY HASBRO!!!! HOORAY FLORENCE!!!! You get a gold star!

Maybe they'll dumb that down a little for us next time. propeller.gif

• Like 1

I'm curious as to what you asked them

I sent this after about 2 hours of the figures showing on the site, with no pictures, and saying out of stock.

I asked them if these figures were truly out of stock or if they had never been in stock to begin with. I then asked, if they hadn't been in stock at all, when were they expected to be. Last, I asked if they had indeed been sold out, would any more be made available.

Those were the questions I asked, and that was the (oh so) helpful response I received.

Well.......I caved in, after several attempts to try and see if Sgt. Slaughter would be in stock on HTS only to be disappointed each morning. Offered a regular SDCC Sgt. Slaughter at a fair deal but I really wanted the triple t variant, won a Sgt. Slaughter triple t variant at $52 on Ebay . Bitter sweet.....I love you Hasbro but hate you as well.

here some good new for folks still hoping to get a SDCC Slaughter from HTS

http://crimsonmonkey...slaughter-gate/

Thanks man... They should have made this announcement right after the con... Most of us been wasting time refreshing that damn page for nothing...

I may have to convince my wife to let me get one to open if they show up on the site. (yes... i did say i had to ask my wife... let the mockery ensue)

I broke down & got the USA version of Sarge from Ebay for about $30. Good to know that I'll get a chance to get the Triple T version at decent price.

Thanks man... They should have made this announcement right after the con... Most of us been wasting time refreshing that damn page for nothing...

no prob, bro.

I may have to convince my wife to let me get one to open if they show up on the site. (yes... i did say i had to ask my wife... let the mockery ensue)

@nana@

WEll... Who'd have thunk it?! My Hasbro tale of Sgt. Slaughter woe took an even worse turn today.

I received my "order shipped" email from Hasbro on Tuesday. Today a Fed-Ex truck pulls into my driveway and I meet the driver at my door. Finally... FINALLY, I will at least have my 2 USA Deco Slaughters (I had ordered 2, one for myself and another I had offered to another member here) that I had ordered during the 15 minutes of fame frenzy when the Sarge finally showed up on Hasbro's site. I wanted (want) the Triple T version, but the USA will do for now.

I cut open the huge box and pull all of the unnecessary packing paper out to find my Sarge looking up at me. Finally... Sarge is home! But wait... What's this?! There is only "my Sarge" looking up at me. One... not two... ONE!

I frantically search the box for some sort of packing slip... Something! There is nothing! I head over to my email to double check my emails and all of them ( the order confirmation, the shipping confirmation, my Paypal confirmation)... All of them are for 2 (!) USA Deco Sgt. Slaughters!! WTF?!

I ordered 2... my Paypal account was charged for 2... I got 1!!

I am just wondering if they are shipping them seperately?! Has this happened to anyone else?!

I have sent Hasbro another email... I am even more flabergasted by this whole experience. Luckily I was able to find the Wal-mart exclusive Jabba's Throne at Wally World the other day or I would be so pissed at Hasbro. Luckily Jabba is such an awesome figure... I will wait and see what Hasbro does to clarify this problem before giving up completely!

I am just wondering if they are shipping them seperately?! Has this happened to anyone else?!

This is common. Sometimes orders for two items will be shipped separately.

If you don't receive the second item in a week or so, then contact Hasbro.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was just able to order the TTT version of the Slaughter off the HTS site. Tried to get 2, but it would only let me get one. Then it went out of stock right after my order was placed. I am hoping they are releasing small quantities each day? Anyway...there is still hope.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was just able to order the TTT version of the Slaughter off the HTS site. Tried to get 2, but it would only let me get one. Then it went out of stock right after my order was placed. I am hoping they are releasing small quantities each day? Anyway...there is still hope.

SOB... I was out at lunch...

Yeah I came home to grab a quick sandwich and figured I would log on and just check. Both Slaughters were in stock. I hurried and placed the order. I even called to make sure it went thru. She said it did. Hopefully it ships. I never expected to get one thru the shop. But I am hearing that another batch is being made? I hope all that wants one do get a chance to order one.

Yeah I came home to grab a quick sandwich and figured I would log on and just check. Both Slaughters were in stock. I hurried and placed the order. I even called to make sure it went thru. She said it did. Hopefully it ships. I never expected to get one thru the shop. But I am hearing that another batch is being made? I hope all that wants one do get a chance to order one.

What time was he available?...

dont feel bad...i was out paying a bill.