SDCC Sgt. Slaughter Sells Out In 8 Minutes?! WTF?!!

angiedee

I started watching the Hasbro Toyshop website at 6 am this morning for the SDCC Sgt. Slaughter figures to go on sale. I refreshed the page every 10 minutes as I went about my morning. At 11:14 I refreshed the page again. Nothing! I poured myself some Mt. Dew, got some potato chips, then came back and hit refresh again. The time 11:22. The figure was finally listed... as OUT OF STOCK!!! What the hell?! They listed the figure and sold out of BOTH versions in 8 minutes?! I thought that only happened with Masters of the Universe Classics! I am truly pissed at the amount of time I wasted watching for this thing. Ridiculous! I guess it's off to Ebay now if I am going to find one. Hasbro has let me down... hell, toy collecting has let me down. I just can't believe it!

I started watching the Hasbro Toyshop website at 6 am this morning for the SDCC Sgt. Slaughter figures to go on sale. I refreshed the page every 10 minutes as I went about my morning. At 11:14 I refreshed the page again. Nothing! I poured myself some Mt. Dew, got some potato chips, then came back and hit refresh again. The time 11:22. The figure was finally listed... as OUT OF STOCK!!! What the hell?! They listed the figure and sold out of BOTH versions in 8 minutes?! I thought that only happened with Masters of the Universe Classics! I am truly pissed at the amount of time I wasted watching for this thing. Ridiculous! I guess it's off to Ebay now if I am going to find one. Hasbro has let me down... hell, toy collecting has let me down. I just can't believe it!

Yeah, its out of control.....for a character that most of Joe fans supposedly loathe. I did pretty much the same thing. He was up then gone......I didn't really have a problem with either of the last 2 exclusives. PDD Destro and CC.... (I didn't even try for that ROC Destro).

Whhat do you expect....the triple t slaughter and the galactus both sold out Friday morning at the con

What burns the most, is the fact that the majority of them will now be clogging eBay for the next 3 months or longer.

• Like 3

To me it looks like they never made it to the site. Waiting for someone to prove me wrong and say they bought them off HTS.

Luckily I got a set from a member here, hopefully, and another from gijoeclub.com.

EM

I don't think he was ever for sale on HTS he was just put up as OoS/Sold Out. Kinda sucks because I was wanting one and am not sure I will eBay he for what people have him listed at right now. Hasbro just underestimated demand, but I won't blame them. Slaughter is a crossover character that not only Joe fans want, but wrestling fans too. Just look at the 4 inch scaled Sarge Jakks made last year, he sold out faster than most of the other srestlers and on eBay he's still getting a pretty good price. He just not like a CC or Destro where primarily only Joe collectors are going to want him.

Yeah - I'm holding out hope for two reasons. One, he hasn't even gotten his picture up yet so I wonder if they are just getting him into the system before turning him "on". Mighty Mugs Prowl showed up as a listing first, then the picture was added, THEN he went on sale.

Two - I also haven't heard of anyone actually buying him from HTS yet - iow I don't think he was ever "available".

May be wrong, but I remain hopeful.

I did get my Blaster though and he lasted for at least 30 minutes.

The third hope is they seem to do a staggered release on HTS, so even if he did make it on, he might show up again later.

Wonder why they listed it at all? Before the finger hits ENTER to show something on sale, shouldn't they have it in stock first?

I'm not doubting what you say is true, I just laugh sometimes at how these things work and unfold all the time. ^_^

It's like toying (no pun intended) with the fans, and doing things in such a way as to annoy them. When the figures are IN and ready to go on sale, LIST them then and only then. If they're doing PREorders, then yes, list then as such, but to go from nothing to OUT OF STOCK without ever having been in stock to begin with? <_<

• Like 2

I'm thinking the person who adds new items to the website was given a list this morning and they just did what they do, not knowing or caring whether something was in stock.

I'm double pissed now!

I had these on pre-order with a guy on Ebay who has 100% positive feedback and I thought could be trusted to get them. I ordered the set and he said that he had filled every single preorder he had ever listed and guaranteed he'd get them for me. He also said he would contact me and let me know as soon as he got them or if for some reason he couldn't get them. He told me I would hear from him no later than this morning.

I have heard NOTHING!

I have contacted him numerous times during the show when I heard the variant had sold out, as well as numerous times this morning with no response.

This whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Now I don't have acarded set, or the set I was going to buy from Hasbro's site this morning to open! Not to mention the cash I paid that guy to get them for me... and it was more than I wanted to spend in the first place, but most on here know that you do it because you love collecting.

I am just at a loss over this. 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

What burns the most, is the fact that the majority of them will now be clogging eBay for the next 3 months or longer.

Same with the Transformers Blaster that I also wanted... Hopefully there be a second or third run like last year...

Just wanted to let you know that Blaster is back in stock accordingto the Hasbro site a few minutes ago. I hope you get one!

Can relate to the pain, I really wanted sgt. slaughter to compliment my 25th anniversary line. Ordered my Blaster and didn't see slaughter there so I was hoping his arrival on the site was delayed......sucks when you've been waiting eagerly to get him and get disappointed. Lets hope they restock.

Wow, I've never seen a Hasbro sellout this fast, I like others doubt they were ever actually on the site for sale. Pimp Daddy Destro Gold didn't even sell out that quick.

Any confirmation on whether or not it actually sold out or was never available? Everyone else has posted saying they got some of their orders in for almost every other figure but I haven't seen any for this one. Did anyone actually see it In Stock? Myself and tons of other people have pretty much been watching HTS all day

I don't think he was ever for sale on HTS he was just put up as OoS/Sold Out.

I agree. I was waiting and watching. I don't think he was ever "in stock"

and they messed up with Galactus.. he didn't go on sale until about 10 minutes after everything else was already up... that's why I missed him too. I was already getting my stuff and then he came up while I was in the check out process. Galactus only lasted like 3 minutes, and I didn't get one