2010 DC Panel

Wheeljack35

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=293&itemid=16164

2010 SDCC - Mattel and DC Comics: A Heroic Partnership (With Images)

by JayC

Find out the latest news, sneak peeks and behind-the-scenes scoop on your favorite Mattel/DC action figures over the course of the next hout, including DC Universe Classics, Justice League Unlimited, Retro Action, Infinite Heroes, and more! On panel are Mattel toy designer Bill Benecke, Mattel brand manager Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich and The Four Horsemen.

There will be lots of stuff for the DCIH line for Green Lantern.

Retro Action Green Lantern Figures. One per month, Sinestro and Gu Gardner to start off.

12 Pack 6" Legion boxset is coming.

There will be 6 new MOTUC Vs. DCUC 2-packs including Aquaman/Merman and Hawkman/Stratos.

Look for a Legion of Super Heroes 12 Pack for the 6" line.

Images will be uploading in a minute.

Could a 12" Lex Luthor be in the works for the Movie Masters line??? Could be!

There can certainly be more Legion figures beyond the 12 pack.

The DC vs. MOTUC will continue to be exclusive to TRU and they are still working out which figures will be included in the 6 2-packs they are doing in the coming year. Right now the two mentioned above are the only two set.

As reported on the MOTUC panel thread it will be Stratos Hawkman and Aquaman vs Merman

Golden Age Hourman will have his correct cape.

Wildstorm characters are not part of the DC Universe contract.

They hear the demand for Blackest Night figures but they try and work with DC Direct to space things out so the two companies aren't putting the same stuff out at the same time.

Panel is over, check out images below and check back at 1PM PT for coverage of the Mattel MOTUC/Ghostbusters and DC panel. Also check back later today for new images from the Mattel booth of any new figures they put out today.

Check out the images

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

UPDATE

here are some new images

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Universe

I AM ABSOLUTELY PLEASED WITH EVERY DCUC FIGURE SHOWN!!!!!!!......i have nothing else to say.

edit: my GF had to not only calm me down, but she also had to clean powerade of of the floor.(lol)

THE LEGION R COMING! THE LEGION R COMING! THE LEGION R COMING!

sorry had to get that out of my system. but finally a panel that excited me and i will be more excited if collossal boy is bigger then the rest of the legion like his picture. wave 16 looks good as well if a little batman heavy. pumped about the gl classics waves too. hope yl mongul is not a repaint tho. he should be the same size as the baf arkillo.

All of the DCUC will be mine! I was extremely happy to see the Arkillo BAF using the Kilowag body. That Legion 12 pack covered all of the basics for me. I am glad they are doing them this way instead using 2 to 3 waves to fit those in.

OMG I know I will have money now since MOTUC will be getting crap over the next year.

I want Azreal Batman but him and Wave 16 look to be a Walmart Exclusive..I missed out on Wave 5 because my Walmart doesn't carry the DCUC :(

I also want the Invisible Jet

Do predict the future or what!?!?!?

Ok, I never predicted the GL line, but we all knew it could be a possibility.

I suggested Bane, Mongul, Doomsday and Arkillo as BAFs (2 out of 4, and Doomsday is a must)

wave 2 of DC vs MOTUC, hawkman / stratos, aquaman / mer-man (2 out of 2)

I also said other stuff, which I don´t remember.....I guess my first prediction was "It would be cool to have Marvel Heroes ala Spider-man classics)

ALSO, AND THIS IS GREAT, GREAT NEWS FOR EVERYONE HERE WHO LOVES ARTICULATION.

Have you noticed most figures (AzBats, Manhunter, etc) sport DOUBLE, YES, DOUBLE KNEE JOINT!?!?!?

between green lantern stuff & motu I'm already broke for next year lol! those dc lantern props are going to be a #@$#@!

I think DC Direct is in trouble...it pains me to say it cause I normally love DCD more than DCUC. But honestly this was very impressive stuff.

WOW!!!! I am in love with what I am seeing!!! That Riddler is what I have wanted since day 1! The Robin rocks!! I so hope we get some news on a Huntress or Ivy figure soon!

Draven

WOW!!!! I am in love with what I am seeing!!! That Riddler is what I have wanted since day 1! The Robin rocks!! I so hope we get some news on a Huntress or Ivy figure soon!

Draven

I agree wholeheartedly. I am also happy about Robin and Bane.

I am glad they are doing more Sinestro Corps members, but is Abin Sur repaint necessary? Where is Star Sapphire?

The Legion is an easy pass. What will that cost $150?

Here is all who I want from what I saw. Classic Robin,Riddler,Crepper & Kyle. Plus I can finally get the reg. Aquaman that I miss in wave 2 when Aquaman and Merman comes out. Merman will be my second MOTU figure that I would have. Still hate myself from giving away my 1980's He-Man figures. The only one that I have leave is Mantaina or Bug-Eyes as I call him back in the days.

Yeah, they said 15 bucks a figure, so 180 plus shipping. I don't see this set being "successful" in Matty's eyes(you know, if it doesn't sell out in 2 days, it's a colossal failure), but I'm looking forward to it. I wonder how big Colossal Boy will be.

Really, I like or love just about everything shown...but that Mongul repaint is terrible. It was a great figure of Mongul Senior, but it doesn't work for his son, and it sure as heck doesn't work for his Sinestro Corps look where he has a huge ring on each finger. And he's supposed to be bigger than Arkillo, not smaller.

When it says Hourman will have the correct cape, do they mean Starman?

And I see two heads on Robin, is that a variant or is that one of the interchangeable heads they mentioned?

I'm so hyped for Ch'p! I hope they do more pack-in figures like this(Mxy or Detective Chimp for example).

I think DC Direct is in trouble...it pains me to say it cause I normally love DCD more than DCUC. But honestly this was very impressive stuff.

Yup Got to agree at least lantern wise ... I'm going to have to start picking & choosing which figure I think is best, or if one company does not do said figure I iwll buy it type thing ..

anyone else notice that they said the gl classics will be 6 figures a wave plus the c&c but they showed 7 for wave 1. wonder if the 2 sinestro corp will be 50/50

Are you counting this ?..

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel%2F&pic=IMG_8221.jpg&dispsize=800&start=80

If you look it says it is the build a figure so its not a actual figure you can buy ...

& if you are counting this

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel&pic=IMG_8241.jpg&dispsize=800&start=100

Its too small to be a figure of its own its most likely some kind of bonus throw in

anyone else notice that they said the gl classics will be 6 figures a wave plus the c&c but they showed 7 for wave 1. wonder if the 2 sinestro corp will be 50/50

Are you counting this ?..

http://i.toynewsi.co...ze=800&start=80

If you look it says it is the build a figure so its not a actual figure you can buy ...

& if you are counting this

http://i.toynewsi.co...e=800&start=100

Its too small to be a figure of its own its most likely some kind of bonus throw in

they showed 7 figures:

1. kyle rayner

2. sc mongul

3. black hand

4. manhunter robot

5. sc low

6. sc maash

7. black lantern abin sur

plus the c&c arkillo

That Legion set is absolutely BRAZEN for Mattel.

I predict the rub will be that they'll chicken out and do a production number so low that most of us will never see this set... at least not until a re-release.

A couple of side notes...

1. I'm glad they walked away from the Cockrum designs for Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy.

2. After looking at Robin and Cosmic Boy, I have to finally decide that the Four Horsemen just don't do open mouths very well. They look like weird Joker-infused creepy smiles.