Stallone blames Batman...

yojoebro82

I thought this article was interesting:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-sylvester-stallone-blames-batman.html

It's true what he said about Keaton's Bat-muscles being built into the suit, but since then plenty of other stars have bulked up to play their parts; Jackman, McGuire, Bale all hit the gym.

Here's another reason, Stalone...you're OLD! O.L.D.

I agree with him, the changes made did gay up how and who would be heroes. Granted I am for diversity but they have taken it too far. Maybe its because I grew up with Arnold, Carl Weathers, Hulk Hogan, Mr T, and Sylvester that I appreciate what they offered in terms of body style.

I posted this in the Entertainment forum.

And he's probably right. Sorry Stallone. You get old, Batman does not. ^_^

However, I am looking forward to that Expendables movie. #US1#

I find it funny he is in a movie with Dolph Lungren again after 25 years

I think Stallone should make a Batman movie based on what Bruce Wayne's life would be like when he's really old and hadn't been Batman for years.

"Hey yo Alfred. Could you like bring me down a cannoli or sum-tum, cause I'm feelin a little dizzy, you-no? Hadn't eatin all day." @smilepunch@ @loll@

I find it funny he is in a movie with Dolph Lungren again after 25 years

Not only that, but it's the first time Schwarzenegger, Stallone, and Bruce Willis have had a scene together. Let alone the rest of the cast.

The funny part is that most of the action stars of the 80's and early 90's were not good actors. They did a great job in the roles that they took, but would anyone have wanted to see Jean-Claude Van Damme or Steven Seagall butcher beloved characters from comics. Dolph Lungren was the Punisher and we all remember how that turned out.

I think Stallone should make a Batman movie based on what Bruce Wayne's life would be like when he's really old and hadn't been Batman for years.

"Hey yo Alfred. Could you like bring me down a cannoli or sum-tum, cause I'm feelin a little dizzy, you-no? Hadn't eatin all day." @smilepunch@ @loll@

This would only work if Burgess Meredith was playing Alfred.

"Get in their Bruce, you can do it!"

"Cut me, Alfred, Cut me."

This would only work if Burgess Meredith was playing Alfred.

"Get in their Bruce, you can do it!"

"Cut me, Alfred, Cut me."

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

I thought this article was interesting:

http://movies.yahoo....mes-batman.html

It's true what he said about Keaton's Bat-muscles being built into the suit, but since then plenty of other stars have bulked up to play their parts; Jackman, McGuire, Bale all hit the gym.

Here's another reason, Stalone...you're OLD! O.L.D.

I can see his point and agree. For a good while big guy action stars went the way of the Dodo. Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson just can't compare, though that may just be because they have bad scripts and terrible directors. The Rundown was pretty fun.

Stallone may be old to kids born in the 80's and 90's, but we'd all be so lucky to be in as great shape as he is at 60. HGH or not, you can't argue with results - now let's see if it negatively impacts his longevity.

Expendables is the next flick I'll suffer going to theaters to see. Namely because I know Stallone with deliver on the crazy action like he did with Rambo and that movie was a great theater experience.

Also, I'll take the Lundgren Punisher over that atrocious whiny emo sissy Thomas Jane tried passing off as the Punisher. Sitting around drowning his sorrows in booze? That's not how Frank Castle rolls son!

I think it's actually the opposite. The "action hero" actors who were well built but require less acting skills was the reason why Tim Burton wanted to stay away from casting them. He wanted an actor that can add drama to Batman/Bruce Wayne instead of all muscles. That's why he ended up with Michael Keaton. It was a different time and Batman was one of the first comic book based movies that has a dark and serious tone to it. Superman had it's first success but still there was still comical humor, action but still weren't taken seriously.

Superman had it's first success but still there was still comical humor, action but still weren't taken seriously.

Spoken like someone who wasn't alive at the time.

The dramatic aspects of Superman 1&2 were very impactful. Not scientifically correct, but Superman's grief is quite evident at the end of the first film; and the threat of Zod, Ursa, and Non in the second movie was quite real.

Desperately comparing apples to oranges. Yes, Batman is all serious business and Superman is LOLZ BOYSCOUT. Right? @hmmm@

I find the pathologically antisocial and humorless post Miller Batman quite a bore.

I find the pathologically antisocial and humorless post Miller Batman quite a bore.

Yes! I agree with this a thousand times. It served Miller well but that doesn't mean that Miller's future apocalyptic Batman story has to be the ONLY batman. What happened to batman AND robin, action+adventure+fun! just because you don't want 60's corny doesn't mean that swinging to the opposite extreme is the answer. Donner Superman's tone did it right and with a real costume too.

regards

Joshua aka the Champ

I honestly think that was a stupid article. He sounds very bitter in it.

The guy made some terrible movies in the 90's. Stop or my Mom will Shoot. Daybreak. Oscar. Don't blame Batman for your terrible choices.

I agree with him, the changes made did gay up how and who would be heroes. Granted I am for diversity but they have taken it too far. Maybe its because I grew up with Arnold, Carl Weathers, Hulk Hogan, Mr T, and Sylvester that I appreciate what they offered in terms of body style.

So you are mad that Burton "gayed" up action stars, but then you go on about loving the muscled bodies of Arnold and company? Too funny.

• Like 1

i dont realy believe that batman had anything to do with it because superman came out way before and he wasnt that big either. who says that any movie is bad. stop or my mom will shoot isnt the worst i have seen. have you guys seen over her dead body??? look at this and stop or my mom will shoot will become a masterpiece. a lot of people make fun of him just because he is old, so what. the guy does better movie's then the crap that comes out by the younger generation. rocky 6 and rambo 4 were the best movies of that year. everyone made fun of him when he wanted to go back to those characters but he delivered. they were awesome. most of the actors sign to do a movie and they dont know if it will turn out good or not. that's the way it is. stallone blames batman. ok why not. everybody blames someone for something. i blame hasbro for no marvel legends. lolol. i don't think that he meant to say that batman is crap and so on. people love to do more out of it then it realy is. i had the chance to meet stallone once at cannes and i can tell you, that he is, a realy cool and relaxed fella. he talks to the fans and he takes pictures with everyone. he even talks gentle to paprazis. he even does some rocky moves when people ask for it. look at ewan mc gregor. if i remember correctly, a fan asked him to do a little jedy interpretation and all he had to say to the dude was: grow up. i cant wait for the expendables. even if the movie will be like crap, it can't be worse then battlefield earth. i thank stallone and all the old dudes for what they did to my generation. those guys are living legends and they did movies, everyone has still in their minds. the new and not so muscular actors will be forgotten after a decade. where is keaton right now??? playing the snowman again? rocky, rambo, terminator, bloodsport, predator will always be reminded even in 100 years.

every dude who thinks that he is a man should grab himself by the balls and say to da woman that august 13th belongs to men and we shall see expendables and not some vampire love storys. hear da lamandations of da woman. men have to come back and take back what is ours. action is the word and expendables is our movie of the year. what say you???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i feel better now. lol lol.

So you are mad that Burton "gayed" up action stars, but then you go on about loving the muscled bodies of Arnold and company? Too funny.

Think your clever there sport?

Didn't say Burton gayed up anything. Maybe you should read the article. Oh and should I apologize for appreciating a bulk strong man to play Conan, does that make me gay, or better yet lets have Keanu Reeves play a boxer, a wrestler, the incredible Hulk, or a barbarian. The physical body style suites the character. The muscle body style is a good design for heroes and such, not all but still good. Don't be a douche if you can help it.

I honestly think that was a stupid article. He sounds very bitter in it.

The guy made some terrible movies in the 90's. Stop or my Mom will Shoot. Daybreak. Oscar. Don't blame Batman for your terrible choices.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on one point: Oscar was hilarious. Carry on.

Ida know, you would think after all the years of punishment Batman took, he would kind of end up like Stallone. Weird slurred speech, jacked up face, bitter.

Yeah, let's sever nerves in your face and see how you fare:

Sylvester Stallone was a difficult birth, yanked from his mother's womb by a doctor's forceps that severed a facial nerve. As a result, the lower left side of his face is paralyzed, including parts of his lip, tongue, and chin, an accident which has given Stallone his trademark snarling look and slightly slurred speech.

For a guy with a physical handicap he's doing a lot better than message board trolls with no handicaps, not counting the social handicap variety.

Yeah he once got into a tissy about Superman Returns making Superman look too gay. Pot kettle Black as they say.

Dark Knight Returns?

I've been waiting to see the expendables since I first heard of the idea in April of 09'. I really, really, REALLY hope NECA gets the toyline and goes articulation crazy with it. Though I would rather have 6 inch scale articulated versions of these actors in their more popular roles (the transporter, the one, John M.F-ing Rambo, Dutch (or John Matrix) , John McLane, Jack Conrad [steve Austin in the Condemned], etc). In fact, I think that someone, somewhere should make an Action Movie heroes line (in 6 inch scale, cuz most of us don't have the kind of money Hot Toys wants for a single figure lying around). We could gets Riggs and Murtaugh (and Joshua), Snake Plissken, Steven Seagal, Chow Yun Fat, Chuck Norris, Charles Bronson, even American Ninja!! Anyone else ever want this or am I crazy? Why has this not been done yet?