Bandai Ultra-Act Ultraman

Newton

Red King's second accessory is a rock. Red King is famous for chucking rocks at his opponents whether it's Ultraman, a rival monster, or an annoying Pigmon.

Appropriately, the rock accessory plugs into the peg on Red King's hand to allow him to recreate throwing at or bashing his opponents with it. It's not the most extravagant accessory, but it works for Red King.

DSC05227.jpg

DSC05228.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05230.jpg

The last accessory is, of course, more rocks or smashing rocks effect. The interesting thing about this accessory that it's made up of three parts, which includes a base, lower effect part, and upper effect part. The effect parts connect to the base on a single peg. This allows you to twist the parts in whichever directions you want the rocks positioned, depending on how hard Red King is kicking it that day. Even the accessories are getting articulation now!

Like I said before, they're not the most glamorous of accessories, but they compliment Red King well.

DSC05240a.jpg

more next post...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC05225.jpg

QUALITY CONTROL

Other than the larger part of the tail popping off, or the minor paint blemish or two on Red King's back, I didn't find major issues with the figure. The joints remained relatively tight when posing, and paint issues were minimal. Given the size and uniqueness of the sculpt, I was pretty satisfied with the quality of the figure.

OVERALL

Red King is a welcome addition to the Ultra-Act family. Even with some of the minor design flaws I found with the figure, Red King is too iconic of character to miss out on. The shortage of monsters in this line makes this a “must buy” for me. Given how quickly the prices go up for the monsters in this line, once they're out of production, I made sure I grabbed this figure. I also want to support this line, so we'll get more monsters to join Red King and the rest of his kaiju brothers. They look imposing when displayed together, by the way. Just be prepared to commit shelf space for the monsters, because they are space hogs! Don't miss out on this one!

DSC05234.jpg

ULTRA EXTRA

One final note, it would be relatively simple to release another monster in the Ultra-Act line using the Red King mold. Since Red King shares most of the same body parts with Aboras, it would only be a slight retool/repaint to create Aboras for the line. Retools are a bit more practical and cheaper for toy companies to develop rather than creating a whole new sculpt.

If Red king sold well, I wouldn't be surprised if Tamashii issues Aboras in the near future!

DSC05238.jpg

Btw, I posted a small slide show for Ultra-Act Red King. Hope you enjoy it!

Ultra-Act Red King - Video Dailymotion

• 2 weeks later...

Were you going to be getting Grid man?

Probably, but I'm going to wait until Bluefin puts in on Amazon first, so it'll be a bit cheaper. I want the armor for Gridman that was announced too:

http://tamashii.jp/item/10150/

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of pics coming out of the Tamashii 2012 event for Ultra-Act:

Ultraman Taro

ua2012a.jpg

Father of Ultra

ua2012n.jpg

Mother of Ultra

ua2012m.jpg

Ultraman Jonias & Powered

ua2012o.jpg

ua2012g.jpg

more to come...

Ultraman A-Type

ua2012q.jpg

Ultraman B-Type

ua2012u.jpg

Ultraman Zero Upgraded

ua2012r.jpg

Luna Miracle Zero

ua2012t.jpg

Strong Corona Zero

ua2012s.jpg

more to come...

Ultraman Nexus

ua2012b.jpg

Ultraman Zagi

ua2012c.jpg

Ultraman Noa

ua2012j.jpg

Alien Magma & Babalou

ua2012i.jpg

ZETTON!!!

ua2012v.jpg

Did I mention ZETTON????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ua2012p.jpg

Ultra-Act Gridman

ua2012d.jpg

Thunder Gridman

ua2012h.jpg

God Xenon

ua2012l.jpg

ua2012k.jpg

Phew! I hope all of these get released, but Zetton is first on my list when the preorders go up!

I'm still disappointed that there were no announcements for new monsters yet. We still need more for this line!

Another Update: Ultra-Act Ace officially released in Japan today!

uaace1.jpg

uaace2-1.jpg

uaace3-1.jpg

Saw these starting to pop up on Yahoo Japan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in a bit due to working a new job.

I haven't picked up Gridman yet, but I do have Max and Ace coming.

The Kaiser Belial has some minor differences compared to the first version besides the mantle. He has some scar details near his right eye, and I believe he has a new set of hands with the longer red fingernails. He still comes with his Giga Battlenizer but without the effects accessories. I haven't picked this one up yet as I have the first version, but I may get one soon if I see a good price.

Haven't posted in a bit due to working a new job.

I haven't picked up Gridman yet, but I do have Max and Ace coming.

The Kaiser Belial has some minor differences compared to the first version besides the mantle. He has some scar details near his right eye, and I believe he has a new set of hands with the longer red fingernails. He still comes with his Giga Battlenizer but without the effects accessories. I haven't picked this one up yet as I have the first version, but I may get one soon if I see a good price.

Just got back from a hellish 8 hours working Black Friday lol, so you would definitely recommend getting Belial?

Ugh, Black Friday! I feel for you.

If you don't have any version of Belial, I do recommend getting him. The sculpt and detailing are well done, comes with a decent amount of accessories, and he's a corrupted Ultraman! What's not to like?

DSC03477.jpg

i got my gridman today, he's pretty cool, he's sitting on my shelf amongst my kamen riders and sentai figuarts lol.

Sweet! I'm going to need to order him soon.

Btw, Tokunation posted these new photos:

http://www.tokunation.com/showthread.php?t=19459

uanov1.jpg

uanov2.jpg

Ultra-Act: Ultraman Zero Luna Miracle & Strong Corona, Tarou, Noa, Dark Zagi, Ultra Father, Ultra Mother, Robo Ace, and Ace Killer!

• 1 month later...

Tamashii added another round of promo pics for father of Ultra:

uaf6_zpsa2158a54.jpg

uaf7_zps9f12569d.jpg

uaf5_zps6fec0373.jpg

uaf8_zpsa3b06dce.jpg

Looks like he comes with his Ultra Dumbbell. Guess that's why he is so buff! ;)

Pre-orders for Father of Ultra are up on AmiAmi and HLJ. Limit of 1 per household for AmiAmi.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-TOK-03019

https://secure.hlj.com/product/BAN980714

I'll be curious if he sells out quickly like Jack, Ace, and Zoffy.

• 3 weeks later...

Scheduled for a February 27th release, Tamashii Nations has updated their site with new pics of Ultra-Act Ultraman Nexus Junis!

Source: http://tamashii.jp/t_item/47/

uajunis1_zps48000fc4.jpg

uajunis3_zps3e89ccbd.jpguajunis2_zpse3562600.jpg

uajunis4_zps43555752.jpg

uajunis5_zpsa9f0a134.jpg

more pics next post...

Another update from Tamashii Nations as Ultraman Taro gets to join his dad (Father of Ultra) in the Ultra-Act line! Does this mean Mother of Ultra will be next to join the family?

Ultra-Act Taro is slated for a June release.

Sources: http://importingmonsters.blogspot.com/2013/02/import-monster-news_8539.html

http://tamashii.jp/special/pickup/201306/

uataro1_zps0e03b8f1.jpg