2010 SDCC DC Preview Night

Wheeljack35

This would be the better place to put what I just said. So I will repeat what I said.

I which both John Steward and the one GL that looks like a fish (forgot his name) was in the single pack. I would love to get those two from the 5 pack of Green Lantern. I also like to get the Martian Manhunter that has the changing hand. Is that one the chase or is it the other?

OMG!! Validus ROCKS!! Omac looks awesome too, so does the GA Green Lantern. Obsidian and Jemm look great too. But wtf is up with that strange cape on Starman? Someone tell me that's not the cape he's coming with! I remember seeing a pic of him with his actual Golden Age cape. Oh man, that's gonna suck if we get that goofy looking variant! :angry:

Wow, I hope we get the rest of the Fatal Five! But...if they're showing Validus, why aren't they showing the LSH wave? Wouldn't he logically come with the LSH wave? :blink:

Wow, I may have to pick up that GL 5 Pack.

Also nice that figures I'm interested in is petering off. This past year was too expensive for me and this line. :P

Kamandi, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna will pretty much cover my needs.

Has anyone looked at the cape on Golden Age Starman? Is that a retcon design or something?

No it is just wrong

Has anyone looked at the cape on Golden Age Starman? Is that a retcon design or something?

I'm guessing they just threw Obsidian's cape on the Starman prototype.

Yeah, really hope they fix that.

Shouldn't the GL 5 pack Sinestro have a mask???

I thought so too, but apparently aliens don't need to hide their identity.

No, he's supposed to have a mask, but Mattel is cheap.

Shouldn't the GL 5 pack Sinestro have a mask???

I thought so too, but apparently aliens don't need to hide their identity.

No, he's supposed to have a mask, but Mattel is cheap.

LOL good point it's a cheap thing to do. Also a little off topic here but does anyone else thinks that the buttons on Raven's Cloak look like swastikas???

Am I alone in thinking that Sinestro Batman is terrible?

No, I'm underwhelmed too. My friend thinks he's all that, I don't have the heart to tell him I think it sucks.

That Kyle is just the same mold that's been used for 95% of all Mattel male figures so far, any of the three DC Direct Kyles that have been done so far beat that one.

Speaking of DCD...not much new to look at, but it does make me want some of the figs even more. That Blackest Night Hal will be my go-to Hal Jordan for sure. Also really digging that Batgirl from Batman Reborn, Brainiac from WONK, and Joker and Harley for Arkham Asylum.

I did spot a reissue Michael Turner Supergirl with a new head....it still looks like crap. Nothing against Michael Turner but his art does not lend well to action figure sculpts, IMO.

We finally see the updated version of the Chris Reeve Superman and no one is talking about it? They went back and made a pretty decent figure, I am surprised at how good it looks, not perfect but still pretty decent. That is a must have for me, I can't wait, I may be three just because. Now if they can nail Chris Reeve in a 6 inch format I will be so happy!

IMG_7388.jpg

I love that they even got his sideburns right, it;s not perfect and the body could be more accurate but I am happy for the most part. It could be worse...heck it was worse.

IMG_7394__scaled_800.jpg