joes 9.97 at walmart wtf

xhairs

yes they said cuse roc price point was high and that didnt help sell them they lowered it back down to 5.99. so if they think they can get there cash back by upping it agin there nuts. as i wont pay 10 bucks for a fig. the highest ill go is 8 bucks.

I was at Wal-Mart this weekend and noticed that they had a bunch of Joe stuff on the clearance aisle. They ranged in price from $5 to $8. I then went over to the regular toy aisle & they had smaller amount on the pegs for $9.99 (pretty much the same figs that were on the clearance aisle). All I could was shake my head and keep pushing the buggy.

As for the SDCC tags, those are just the same tags they had for the same figures at Joe Con.

As for the price, $10 does seem a bit high for basic GIJoe figures, but at TRU, the regular Star Wars figs are going for $7 something and the new Vintage ones are $10. 6" figures now days seem to range in cost from $15-$20. Prices have just gone up in general and for those of you who go to places like Mattel and pay $20+ shipping per figure every month for something like a MOTUC, I hate to tell you this but your setting a precedence that it's okay to charge those kind of prices for these things. If your willing to pay $20 for a 6" figure then half the price for half the size of a figure starts to seem doable from the retailer side of things don't you think?

I remember when I worked at Toys R Us we'd have to to A BUNCH of price changes to mark up products a month before the "Big Book" came out. Maybe something similar. I remember last year around Christmas Walmart temporarily marked down GI Joe to $5.

I also noticed in stores the Star Wars vintage figures are priced at $10 but at SDCC the little white cards show the SRP as $7.99. That's the price that shows up on the ones that we saw at Toy Fair as well as the ones that debuted at SDCC.

for those of you who go to places like Mattel and pay $20+ shipping per figure every month for something like a MOTUC, I hate to tell you this but your setting a precedence that it's okay to charge those kind of prices for these things. If your willing to pay $20 for a 6" figure then half the price for half the size of a figure starts to seem doable from the retailer side of things don't you think?

I've been saying this for years! Years!!! Why are prices so high? Because certain people will still pay it!

for those of you who go to places like Mattel and pay $20+ shipping per figure every month for something like a MOTUC, I hate to tell you this but your setting a precedence that it's okay to charge those kind of prices for these things. If your willing to pay $20 for a 6" figure then half the price for half the size of a figure starts to seem doable from the retailer side of things don't you think?

I've been saying this for years! Years!!! Why are prices so high? Because certain people will still pay it!

agreed. That's why I don't buy much. I also wait for sales etc.

The sad flipside to this is, if something doesn't sell they aren't likely to blame themselves (or the stores) for pricing. Instead they will blame the product :(

But we need to be picky! and we need to let hasbro see it.

Well not to put it all on the companies, but I think collectors have to also realize they don't get to have their cake and eat it to. For example take Bandai America. They clearly make their toys primarily with kids in mind, not collectors. Now collectors will be the first ones to jump up and say Bandai figures look cheap and they don't like them, but they are cheaper figures, because a figure made for a kid doesn't need the detail and articulation as one made for an adult collector. Take MOTUC. From a collector figure POV, those figures are awesome looking products. Very detailed, lots of accessories, articulated, but they are also very expensive for a 6" figure.

At the end of the day I think your going to have to decide which do you want more, cheap prices or good quality? Some of you mentioned corps figures. Those are obviously cheaper made figures and if I am not mistaken cost less to? There is a reason why this board is called G.I.Joe and not corps. The POC on display at SDCC are very nice looking figures. Lots of articulation, lots of accessories, lots of details and it's pretty unreasonable to assume a better made, better quality GIJoe figure is going to cost the same as a cheaper made figure don't you think?

jay i hear ya but if it is the gear then they should cut it out and give us packs like they did in the 80s. they might look good but we not sure what the quality is till we get them in hand. Hasbro has them at 5.99 so it is the retailers.

For the record, I actually visited my Walmart for the first time since I read this thread. Shockingly, the GI Joes there are still at $6.88.

No new POC figures though :( Too bad since I had just returned a DCUC figure that I had bought about 6 or 7 months ago for store credit. I could have got me at least two!

Jayc I love how you smacked down walmart on the front page @loll@ better watch it man they going to come after you! @loll@

Jayc I love how you smacked down walmart on the front page guitar.gif better watch it man they going to come after you! guitar.gif

I have to agree, they should be called out more. But most of us nerds already would know from the boards/rumors/ etc.