First Look At Ryan Reynolds As Green Lantern

JayC

I like textures and some movie concepts because it´s just more than spandex and tights. As long as they don´t mess with the original costume, or if they mess it but turns out really nice (Batman, Captain America)then I don´t mind. This one looks sick, very alien and organic.

Going by that one photo, he doesn't look that good. A bit too busy....but maybe the magazine retouched it. A bit too Tron-ish. I guess we wont really know for sure until we see some better pics.

The costume looks too CG to me, hard to tell what is real and what is an enhancement.

Thats because the entire costume is CGI. This is what Reynolds is actually wearing reynolds-gl.jpg

Seeing him in the motion capture suit is pretty disappointing. Why do modern movies all have to be so fake? Just too much CG now.

Hmmm... not feeling it. It sort of looks like muscle groups or something which is a bit gross. Like everyone else I need to see more pics.

You're so right! If the suit was reds, browns and a bit of white it would look so wrong! lol

Seeing him in the motion capture suit is pretty disappointing. Why do modern movies all have to be so fake? Just too much CG now.

Agreed. The only time I think CGI works in maybe in the background, either way its very few instances where it works, the biggest failure of CGI is in humans, it never looks real or organic........FAIL!!!

Not at all impressed. I agree, it looks too Tron-like. The design of the Silver Age GL is perfect, it's one of the finest examples of excellent costume design from back when artists knew how to design costumes for visual impact and not just the "hmmm...what kewl trinkets and gadgets can I add" school of design. You can't improve perfection. I won't be seeing this movie if they tamper with the original costume. Texture, like Spiderman got, sure. But not all this tech stuff. It's like the Thor suit he's getting in the movie...it looks like a cross between the Xmen's leather biker suits and plastic armor. Too mechanical looking.

• Like 1

i agree needs some black or white to break up so much green, also not really digging the glowing lights on the muscles.