At Ease Disease and check out these new SDCC exclusive Sgt Slaughter Images

JayC

As a fan of both 80's wrestling and 8o's GI Joe I think they captured the true Sarge rather than the living superhero of the cartoon. This new figure really captures the man because Sarge was never built like Hulk hogan, he is large naturally but not muscular body building. I don't like the new Joes and I am baffled buy the fans who buy them (that swivel under the breast is terrible) forget Slaughter could they make a decent Cobra Commander.......Hasblow sucks.

Not one of their Cobra Commanders is good.......especially the face plat onces, removable helmet is stupid and they never get the helmet right, one side is always longer than the other....uhhh, waste of my life and time.

sound the battle cry

YO JOE!!!

I started watching the Hasbro toyshop website this morning at 6 am. I refreshed the "exclusive G.I Joe" page every 10 minutes waiting for Sgt. Slaughter to show up. I checked at 11:14... nothing! I poured myself some Mt. Dew, got a couple potato chips, came back to the computer, hit refresh... the damn things were already listed as out of stock! This was at 11:22! Do you mean to tell me that they hit the website and BOTH versions sold out in 8 minutes?! Jeeze... Give m,e a break!

Man...I really lucked out on these. I have never been lucky enough to score any convention exclusives ever. But I've wanted these figures ever since I found out about 'em. I had kinda forgotten about them recently since I was as broke as a convict. I had the Triple-T and Warthog versions as a kid, but never the original mail-away version, even though I wanted it bad. I was a fan of the Sarge's crossover status ever since I saw him punch out Zartan with one lick in the Marvel comics.

But last week I started thinking about SDCC and what we all might see in terms of new stuff, and I remembered the Sgt. Slaughter figures. Once again, I was just gonna suck it up and hope I might by some miracle be able to afford these figures down the road someday, just like I had done many times in past years. But then I thought, "No...you know what? I really want these, and I'm determined to come up with some way to get 'em. I've never splurged and bought any exclusives, so why not?" So I started going through my video games, dvds, cds...anything I could sell at a local used book store that buys and sells stuff like that new and used. So I gathered up my stuff, took it down to the store, and I ended-up making about $112.00. I was thrilled and figured that might be just enough to get the Sgt. Slaughter figures. So then I came home and got on eBay, and I found several sellers that were offering pre-sells of course, and I found one that was offering both versions; the regular for thirty and the variant for about sixty. I had never dealt with convention sellers and pre-sells, so I was afraid to take the risk. But the guy had pretty good feedback...so I did it. I had never in my life paid almost one-hundred dollars for two modern G.I. Joe figures, but I had to make an exception this time.

Guys, I ordered these Thursday night, and they came today. I couldn't believe it and was so excited. They are really, really amazing. The sculpting is great (You can see the texture in the Sarge's shirts for cryin' out loud!!), the accessories are painted and sculpted very well, and the file cards aren't the "written-by-a-nine-year-old" tripe that many modern file cards often are these days. But I hadn't done any research to see if they just copied the originals; they may actually be. But these figures are very awesome and would be great additions to any G.I. Joe Anniversary collection. I hope so very much that every fan that wants these lucks out and gets them. They're great and every Joe fan deserves them.

Man...I really lucked out on these. I have never been lucky enough to score any convention exclusives ever. But I've wanted these figures ever since I found out about 'em. I had kinda forgotten about recently since I was broke as a convict. I had the Triple-T and Warthog versions as a kid, but never the original mail-away version, even though I wanted it bad. I was a fan of the Sarge's crossover status ever since I saw him punch out Zartan with one lick in the Marvel comics.

But last week I started thinking about SDCC and what we all might see in terms of new stuff, and I remembered the Sgt. Slaughter figures. Once again, I was just gonna suck it up and hope I might by some miracle be able to afford these figures down the road someday, just like I had done many times in past years. But then I thought, "No...you know what? I really want these, and I'm determined to come up with some way to get 'em. I've never splurged and bought any exclusives, so why not?" So I started going through my video games, dvds, cds, and anything I could sell at a local used book store that buys and sells this stuff used and new. So I gathered up my stuff, took it down to the store, and I made like $112.00. I was thrilled and figured that might be just enough to get the Slaughter figures. So then I came home and got on eBay, and I found several sellers that were offering pre-sells of course, and I found one that was offering both versions; the regular for thirty and the variant for about sixty. I had never dealt with convention sellers and pre-sells, so I was afraid to take the risk. But the guy had pretty good feedback...so I did it. I had never in my life paid almost one-hundred dollars for two modern G.I. Joe figures, but I had to make an exception this time.

Guys, I ordered these Thursday night, and they came today. I could not believe it. They are really, really amazing. The sculpting is great (You can see the texture in the Sarge's shirts for cryin' out loud!!), the accessories are painted and sculpted very well, and the file cards aren't the written-by-a-nine-year-old tripe that many modern file cards often are these days. But I hadn't done any research to see if they just copied the originals; they may actually be. But these figures are very awesome and would be great additions to any G.I. Joe ANniversary collection. I hope so very much that every fan that wants these lucks out and gets them. They're great and every Joe fan deserves them.

Great story. I am glad you got them!

I preordered them as well... WEEKS ago, but the seller I bought from has not contacted me or answered any of my emails. I paid $99.99 for the set. Not sure what's going on. He had 100% positive feedback and guaranteed me he'd score them for me. This sucks!