At Ease Disease and check out these new SDCC exclusive Sgt Slaughter Images

JayC

Yeah though Sarge never had a huge impact in the comics, outside that one issue where He takes on Zartan who gets loose in the Pitt. It was the cartoon I remember most in regards to him.

im glad they brought him back but he looks fat i wish they would of made him look like in the toon. great pics jay. man the toon is where i was a fan of him and will always.

Yeah, he's not as intimidating looking now. The real life Slaughter never was as big and muscle bound as the cartoon version, and that was always a GOOD thing, because the real life version was lame. I knew the cartoon version before the Wrestling version, because I never watched Wrestling.

Figure looks good. I need to get two.

As for the real man, I saw him down at a wrestling show in Hershey in the 90's. I had a flag with me which Sarge grabbed hold of, kissed it, and then saluted it. All that was missing was him yelling Yo Joe, to make the evening complete!

Man...I want this so bad...too bad it's gonna cost an arm and a leg on the second-hand market.

Slaughter was one of my favorite Joe's back in the day. I loved the "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" series...it made Slaughter seem invincible.

If anyone going to SDCC can grab me one of these, I would appreciate it VERY much. :)

Joe - While I think this will be a really popular item (for both us and Wrestling fans who want a little nostalgia fix) I'm willing to bet we'll be able to at least find one version on HTS after the frenzy that is SDCC. Granted, the variant is the one I really want, but I imagine my chances will be good.

Hasbro hasn't really let us down in the past - yes, Podium-Ranting CC and Pimp Daddy Destro eventually sold out, but they were definitely available right after SDCC. It's only now that they're gone that we see $99+ for those figs...

Tom

im glad they brought him back but he looks fat i wish they would of made him look like in the toon. great pics jay. man the toon is where i was a fan of him and will always.

Yeah, he's not as intimidating looking now. The real life Slaughter never was as big and muscle bound as the cartoon version, and that was always a GOOD thing, because the real life version was lame. I knew the cartoon version before the Wrestling version, because I never watched Wrestling.

yup i hear ya man. the real srg has enough figs out there lol. i want a real toon looking as thats what made srg cool sure wasnt wwf lol.

yup i hear ya man. the real srg has enough figs out there lol. i want a real toon looking as thats what made srg cool sure wasnt wwf lol.

sgtk.jpg

Can't say I'm all that excited about this version of the ol' Sarge. They didn't really capture him as well as they should have.

I would have LOVED to have been able to find one of the Wrestling figures of Slaughter, so I could have done this custom myself...

P1010365.jpg

but for all the Slaughter haters, his figures all seem to disappear rather quickly. @haha@

Joe - While I think this will be a really popular item (for both us and Wrestling fans who want a little nostalgia fix) I'm willing to bet we'll be able to at least find one version on HTS after the frenzy that is SDCC. Granted, the variant is the one I really want, but I imagine my chances will be good.

Hasbro hasn't really let us down in the past - yes, Podium-Ranting CC and Pimp Daddy Destro eventually sold out, but they were definitely available right after SDCC. It's only now that they're gone that we see $99+ for those figs...

Tom

Well, I hope you're right. :D

sgtk.jpg

Can't say I'm all that excited about this version of the ol' Sarge. They didn't really capture him as well as they should have.

I would have LOVED to have been able to find one of the Wrestling figures of Slaughter, so I could have done this custom myself...

P1010365.jpg

but for all the Slaughter haters, his figures all seem to disappear rather quickly. @haha@

yup i was lucky to get 1 for when i do my custom of him he will be in his beater lol. man hasbro as of late has been killing my love for joe with there let downs. and poc is not a long term thing it is a band aid for the line. the only thing i feel we got out of it so far is cool gear and a LL. but it is saving me money and that is always crucial lol.

I love both versions and would love to have them. Actually I'd love to have four...one of each to open and one to keep on that great cardback.

I used to have the Triple-T and the Warthog versions. I wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro do the Warthog version also. My dream is they'll release that one in the resurrected anniversary line.

Ren - I've heard morning of the 26th, but you know how reliable news from these GI Joe fans can be. : /

Tom

Hasbro hasn't said, but they traditionally have waited till the day after comic-con to put them for sale on their website, so that date and time are probably a good bet.