I.D. This 1993 G.I. Joe Halloween costume

Goofateer

Does anyone have more information on this 1993 G.I. Joe Halloween costume. I think I know what [who] it is. But I want to see if anyone can confirm it for me. I just got it this week, but I didn't get a mask with it. After 10 years of collecting G.I. Joe Halloween costumes, and 26 years of collecting G.I. Joe in general, I have NEVER seen this one before.

DSCN8395.jpg

Roger

Looks like roadblock to me. Check out his versions on yojoe. I'm at work and I think they are blocked :( most sights are, i honestly have no idea how long i'll be able to post here!

I was thinking that it was going to be either Gung-Ho or Roadblock, but both version of each that I could find pic's of each didn't match up to the costume. But while I was searching I came across a pic of a Sgt. Slaughter costume in the box. All you could see was the face in the box. But their was a version of the Sarge that some what matched the costume though a different color. So I'm going to throw in the Sarge's name into the could be I.D. Could be wrong, don't know. Hopefully someone will have a definitive answer for the question soon.

it looks like Sgt Savage but that line came out in 97 and to my knowledge had no costume products

was my first thought too, but the blue pants just don't fit

and you're right no costume products

I was thinking that it was going to be either Gung-Ho or Roadblock, but both version of each that I could find pic's of each didn't match up to the costume. But while I was searching I came across a pic of a Sgt. Slaughter costume in the box. All you could see was the face in the box. But their was a version of the Sarge that some what matched the costume though a different color. So I'm going to throw in the Sarge's name into the could be I.D. Could be wrong, don't know. Hopefully someone will have a definitive answer for the question soon.

Valid guess. There were 2 Sgt. Slaughter costumes released to my knowledge in the mid 1980's. One was WWF, I think in 1985, and the following year was G.I. Joe with Slaughter in the tank top. Both were released by Ben Cooper.

This costume is 1993, and made by Collegeville Costumes. By 1993, I'm pretty certain Hasbro no longer had the rights to use Sgt. Slaughter.

So it should not be Slaughter.

Roger

Valid guess. There were 2 Sgt. Slaughter costumes released to my knowledge in the mid 1980's. One was WWF, I think in 1985, and the following year was G.I. Joe with Slaughter in the tank top. Both were released by Ben Cooper.

This costume is 1993, and made by College ville Costumes. By 1993, I'm pretty certain Hasbro no longer had the rights to use Sgt. Slaughter.

So it should not be Slaughter.

Roger

this is flint costume. from 1983.84. the 2 sgt costumes your talking about from Collegeville were sold in a box. this wasent.and i know its not 1993 roadblook, the outfits are diffrent, and at that point gijoe was dieing in the market. if you look at flint they look the same, some what,

dude thats 1993. and it looks nothing like him, its flint from 83-84

But it doesn't look anything like Flint either. Not to mention the fact that the closest Flint to the time period was Eco Warriors Flint in 1991. And it's certainly not Eco Warriors Flint.

Also, costumes in the late 1980's and early 1990's came both on hangers and in boxes. It depended on what store you bought them in. I've got Duke in both packages. So box or hanger isn't a factor.

Roger

When I first laid eyes on this topic days ago, I thought it was Tunnel Rat. However, I didn't say anything since I thought it was obvious, though the position of the gun/bandollar are flipped, the scarf is replaced with a blue collar, and that the gun is replaced with pouches:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/87/tunnelrat.shtml

thats Rb and here is the pic http://www.yojoe.com...oadblock4.shtml

dude thats 1993. and it looks nothing like him, its flint from 83-84

the costume is from 93 lol.

Has anyone given thought that this may be a generic costume based from a couple sources?

Tunnel Rat, Duke, Roadblock are all influences i see in this, and this is based from the figures coming out in the 90's.

regards

Joshua

Has anyone given thought that this may be a generic costume based from a couple sources?

Tunnel Rat, Duke, Roadblock are all influences i see in this, and this is based from the figures coming out in the 90's.

regards

Joshua

I like your thinking Joshua.

There is some merit in this idea. The basic Ben Cooper G.I. Joe costume from '82 to about '89 was technically generic. Same basic costume released with no name other than "G.I. Joe" for several years with only minor changes. Though it was pretty clearly based on Grunt.

It's possible that this 1993 costume is also generic. But I'm still inclined to believe that it's a specific character.

Finding one with a mask intact will be the key.

Roger