POC HISS As It Was MEANT TO BE

Tom-1

Some of you must be Catholics because you're great at working the guilt angle. XD

I've been remiss is my loyalty to TNI... thus, HISS tank pictures! : )

HISS9.jpg

HISS5-1.jpg

HISS8.jpg

HISS7.jpg

HISS6.jpg

We're sure to get one of these is a few months or years in a BATTLE ATTACK FOR COBRA GROTTO PACK or some such business... but for now, my can of black spray paint and I are doing our duty as curmudgeon-y nostalgia whores. XD

Tom

Some of you must be Catholics because you're great at working the guilt angle. XD

I've been remiss is my loyalty to TNI... thus, HISS tank pictures! : )

We're sure to get one of these is a few months or years in a BATTLE ATTACK FOR COBRA GROTTO PACK or some such business... but for now, my can of black spray paint and I are doing our duty as curmudgeon-y nostalgia whores. XD

Tom

Always changing things with you, why in my day we kept our lime green joes and liked them. Damn kids nowadays, no respect for anything I tell you.

That's so much better! Thanks for sharing! Next time, don't require us to play dentist on ya!! @smilepunch@

I saw it elsewhere and I admit, i ratted you out. Good to see you back and good job. I generally just lurk on those other forums and only post here.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I might've been more inclined to keep the HISS in it's original brown if Hasbro explicitly stated "This WILL be released in black." but they pulled that "we'll see how well it performs alongside all of our Pursuit of Cobra figures and vehicles, that you can find at your retailers this fall!" junk at the con... so I'd rather have it black than see if it moves to their preference.

And as I've said, it's a marvelous vehicle. People who think it's 'under-armed' are living a fantasy. A ##$%$#ed baby fantasy. First, the original HISS had just two cannons. Modern combat vehicles tend to have only one main weapon (Humvees, APCs, MRAPs) and maybe an additional support weapon (MBTs). The HISS, for a 'fast moving vehicle' (which would put it in the Humvee/MRAP category) is armed to the teeth - a 90mm cannon (would SHRED an AWE to molecules) and missile launcher, and the support machine guns at the nose.

It rises ABOVE the frackas of the battlefield. Imagine being able to pop up and shoot past your own vehicles/infantry at enemy vehicles? Imagine being able to rise over a wall and fire on a bunch of Joes before they have a chance to aim thier bazookas? It's a brilliant, militarily-viable gimmick. People who claim this is 'stupid' better not have one Rattler, Trouble Bubble, Rage, BUGG, MAGGOT or other 'gmiicky' vic in their collection.

Finally, the canopy. Yeah, it's not glass. It's not SUPPOSED TO BE. You're missing the intent of the vehicle if you want it to be glass. Woodhouse mentioned at the 2009 convention that it saw the external world through a serious of camera scattered throughout the armor... this is becoming COMMONPLACE with most military vehicles (drone planes, jet fighters, Abrams tanks and YES - even measly HUMVEES have their CRO system!) and Cobra is just following through in a different way - as they ALWAYS have.

It's probably the best vehicle produced since RAH ended, and I'll even put it past many RAH rides. It gives you a feeling of speed, with its sleek, swept-back armor. It resembles a snake in the same vague, mechanical way the original HISS did (and the way the JvC HISS failed).

If you don't like the POC HISS, there is something wrong with you. Go watch "Band of Brothers" and kiss your boyfriend while you dream of how great the old days were.

Tom

If you don't like the POC HISS, there is something wrong with you. Go watch "Band of Brothers" and kiss your boyfriend while you dream of how great the old days were.

Tom

I only have eyes for you!

Tom

@loll@

Tom

*blush*

Tom

After seeing this, it's pretty obvious Hasbro's creative team is color-blind, as this vehicle looks 100% better black.

Great custom, Tom!

I don't know if we should count on the logical repaint. We don't always get them. Unless it's an Se in Grey, we almost always get it later in black :)

But i'm still confused that we didn't get things like a shadow crimson gaurd. That would be a logicaly expected, easy to do, army builder repaint!