What are the chances of seeing HASBRO re-releasing retro lines???

Dilios

I reallly want to see a line of Bucky O'Hare figures and Battle Trolls.

I know Playmates re-released TMNT and Mattel now has MattyCollector, so hopefully HASBRO does too.

Thoughts?

Im down with that, but what I would really love to see are a few of their other now defunct lines. M.A.S.K. would be so cool, it was a Kenner line so its now owned by Hasbro. Or how about COPS. Man what they could so with that given todays sculpts. And on a really out there apporach, how about ROM. It was a parker Brothers toy, so Hasbro should own it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Playmates would re-release Toxic Crusaders...

They did it for TMNT(although, that line was 'slightly' more popular).

The biggest obstacles are tooling. Likely, many of the molds for this toys are missing or unusable--or they have been sold off for scrap.

Creating new molds is touchy though, because the dollar investment these days really means Hasbro et al. would take a hard look as to how such molds would be used.

Recent lines like GIJOE, Star Wars, Marvel Universe and Indiana Jones all have tooling that can be used in any of the other lines herein. That makes them practical lines in an economic sense.

Doing something with completely unique tooling--like Bucky O'Hare--would mean either finding the old tooling intact and usable or risking the $$$ on an obscure line that cannot be re-purposed anywhere else anytime soon.

Really, they'd be better off approaching it as just another all-new toy-line.

The biggest obstacles are tooling. Likely, many of the molds for this toys are missing or unusable--or they have been sold off for scrap.

Creating new molds is touchy though, because the dollar investment these days really means Hasbro et al. would take a hard look as to how such molds would be used.

Recent lines like GIJOE, Star Wars, Marvel Universe and Indiana Jones all have tooling that can be used in any of the other lines herein. That makes them practical lines in an economic sense.

Doing something with completely unique tooling--like Bucky O'Hare--would mean either finding the old tooling intact and usable or risking the $$$ on an obscure line that cannot be re-purposed anywhere else anytime soon.

How did Playmates re-release the original TMNT figures?

Really, they'd be better off approaching it as just another all-new toy-line.

Well id be up for that.

MattyCollector has cleaned up with their Masters of the Universe Classics line.

Retooled Toxic Crusaders, Bucky O'hare and Battle Trolls would be awesome!!!

Seriously,

What happened to good toylines???

How did Playmates re-release the original TMNT figures?

TMNT has far greater kid-appeal than most toy properties, so investing in tooling for "reproduction" toys is merited. There's very little risk there.

The other toy-lines mentioned simply do not have enough interest behind them.

How many posts do you read, outside of your own, that ask for the return of lines like Bucky O Hare, and Battle Trolls? Very few, right? That problem reflects a very, VERY limited public interest as well. If interest is there in sufficient numbers, then money can drive it the rest of the way to becoming reality.

Its nice to dream about what-ifs though, and don't let the above stop you, but actually seeing these reproduced........nope, I think its highly unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah i get what you're saying.

ah well, i can still dream...

Bucky O'hare sounds cool as well as a new Toxic Avengers line. I have never heard of battle Trolls. I would do anything for a new M.A.S.K. line and a silver hawks line. I can't wait to hear more news about the new Thundercats line and hope they actually make an effort to make them decent. What is ROM? I haven't heard of that one either. I think a new TMNT movie is in the works, so I am sure the turtles are not dead. Not by a long shot.