Where have the veterans gone?

RoyalZarak

Simple question, I've been an ADC/TNI member since 2002 and been glad to be part of this forum. I just want to know where have all the good veterans gone? Are they still around? Can't believe its been a long 8 years.

TIME really flies.

Yeah I miss skarapz!

Sometimes it just happens. I haven't seen Doc Evil, "Dustin" /aka Numbers, darthmaul33 or Samus Aran ( a real life girl!) in a long, long time either.

It doesn't help that several of us have changed our names, some multiple times

I'm a real life girl... there's no big deal in that... @smilepunch@

There's a few people I'm thinking of, but I can't think of their exact names... People move and forget and such. I got married and came back... I dunno, everyone's different...

Now I guess I have to ask who classifies as a "Veteran". I remember even before I joined in '04 there was an attitude of if you were not an '02 or less, you were not an '"original" and there for shunned by the "ADC Fraternity". <_<

Now if 6 to 7 years of posting counts, then there are a several that add to this board daily. Old school members like Teelu or Chazz (even Cha77) chime in once in a great, great while, but not often. :(

Simple question, I've been an ADC/TNI member since 2002 and been glad to be part of this forum. I just want to know where have all the good veterans gone? Are they still around? Can't believe its been a long 8 years.

TIME really flies.

Where have you been?

• Like 1

I'm trying to remember my exact join date. The join date that is currently displayed was from when we moved over to the new forums, and Jay made me a mod for awhile, and the old ADC accounts weren't capable of being upgraded to mod status on the new boards.

I know it was in February, but can't recall if it was '01 or '02.

Either way, it's crazy to think I've been posting here that long...

EDIT - I just checked DevilBat's join date...I know him and Clam were here before me...and his says December of 2001, so it must have been 2002 that I joined.

Now I guess I have to ask who classifies as a "Veteran". I remember even before I joined in '04 there was an attitude of if you were not an '02 or less, you were not an '"original" and there for shunned by the "ADC Fraternity". <_<

Now if 6 to 7 years of posting counts, then there are a several that add to this board daily. Old school members like Teelu or Chazz (even Cha77) chime in once in a great, great while, but not often. :(

Sorry, Cap...you're still not cool enough to be considered a vet. ;) @smilepunch@

Sorry, Cap...you're still not cool enough to be considered a vet. ;) @smilepunch@

Ya. I know. I suck. Since you are an '03, I bet you still get crap from the '02 guys, ey? @smilepunch@ (Ya, ya. "I was a member before, but then I lost my license and......THUNK!!") @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ @loll@

You know I'm playin. I know who you are. :P

Here's some old school members I haven't seen around in a LONG time(This list is biased to the GI Joe and GD boards):

- Chazz

- SKARAPZ

- Sith

- Tank-Girl

- Darren (I think his original UN was Cobra Commander...he was Nightcreeper's brother)

- Nightcreeper

- Doc Evil

- Venal4

- DarthMaul33

- Degato

- Dustin (1846D7M8)

- Beach Head

- Blackmada

- NMX

- Catter

- HPZ

- RJBrian

- Iceman

- ladyliquid

- CCav

- CHA

- Marvel_Joe_Spider

- Cobia123

- Riker

- Mandolorian30

- Cyber Bear

- firestongue

- Koga

- Skybytethesharkiest

- halfrican3

- Samas Aran

- teelu20

- Three Storms

Sometimes I wonder if members are okay when they were really active here, and all of the sudden are just gone. Doc Evil is one I worry about in particular...

Since you are an '03, I bet you still get crap from the '02 guys, ey? @smilepunch@ (Ya, ya. "I was a member before, but then I lost my license and......THUNK!!") @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ @loll@

@loll@

Anyone remember back when you could post a topic on ADC and wait an entire day to get a reply? ;) @lol@

Sometimes it seems like it's like that around here these days with the way all of the forums are split up into multiple sites.

- Three Storms

Sometimes I wonder if members are okay when they were really active here, and all of the sudden are just gone. Doc Evil is one I worry about in particular...

You know oddly enough, I use to ask that about Three Storms. I didn't really "know him" , but I conversed a couple of times because he's from San Antonio. He straight up vanished. :mellow:

Oh...I have another fond memory...

Anyone remember when we switched over to the new boards, and Nasburado (RevSears) was made a mod in the GI Joe forum, and everyone thought he was a Nazi mod, so they started calling him "Nads?" @loll@

You know I love ya, Nas. ;):D

^this

Although I have been here since the 2002, but have never been referred to as a "Veteran," hence why I didn't reply to this point till now. I assume by "Veteran," you were a poster on the gi joe section who yells the loudest.

*raises hand in back* I'm still here!! (lol) Man, December of '01...so much has changed in my life since I started posting here. Sometimes it seems like no time at all has passed, then other times it seems like I've been coming here forever.

Heck...I still type in "adctalk.com" when I log on. (lol)

Here's some old school members I haven't seen around in a LONG time(This list is biased to the GI Joe and GD boards):

- Chazz

- SKARAPZ

- Sith

- Tank-Girl

- Darren (I think his original UN was Cobra Commander...he was Nightcreeper's brother)

- Nightcreeper

- Doc Evil

- Venal4

- DarthMaul33

- Degato

- Dustin (1846D7M8)

- Beach Head

- Blackmada

- NMX

- Catter

- HPZ

- RJBrian

- Iceman

- ladyliquid

- CCav

- CHA

- Marvel_Joe_Spider

- Cobia123

- Riker

- Mandolorian30

- Cyber Bear

- firestongue

- Koga

- Skybytethesharkiest

- halfrican3

- Samas Aran

- teelu20

- Three Storms

A few of those ppl were here, recently. I remember Cyber Bear being here around April and I think Tankgirl made a few topics two months ago.

I heard Doc Evil left the boards (he is active on tfieds, so he is most likely okay) after people basehed him for his rant about not having a credit card, but wanting the DTC Joe figures.

Since you are an '03, I bet you still get crap from the '02 guys, ey? @smilepunch@ (Ya, ya. "I was a member before, but then I lost my license and......THUNK!!") @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ @loll@

@loll@

Anyone remember back when you could post a topic on ADC and wait an entire day to get a reply? ;) @lol@

Sometimes it seems like it's like that around here these days with the way all of the forums are split up into multiple sites.

That "Split /multi web sight /"we are the world" decision was the worst thing to happen to this web sight. @grumpy@ Sorry JayC, but the days of getting that record members online of 943 at once will never happen again. -_-

*raises hand in back* I'm still here!! (lol) Man, December of '01...so much has changed in my life since I started posting here. Sometimes it seems like no time at all has passed, then other times it seems like I've been coming here forever.

You too? I thought I was the only one who still enters in "adctalk''

^this

Although I have been here since the 2002, but have never been referred to as a "Veteran," hence why I didn't reply to this point till now. I assume by "Veteran," you were a poster on the gi joe section who yells the loudest.

Oh ya. Even an '02 member like Doom Saber is not considered a "Veteran" because he didn't collect G.I.Joes at the time.

Now, let's not go too far into this old, dug up rivalry between the OG's and the rest of us. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, if you have posted for a 4 year term, then you are a VET. @usa@

If you still have yet to serve your term, then keep posting you mugs!! @pow@ @coffee@ @cap@

Same here. If Jay ever lost the adctalk domain, and it wouldn't redirect here, I probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to get to the forums. ;)

It's not the old black, but I have always signed in with this skin. I lost the original adctalk back on my old computer. If I don't type TNI, it don't work. @grumpy@

^this

Oh ya. Even an '02 member like Doom Saber is not considered a "Veteran" because he didn't collect G.I.Joes at the time.

Now, let's not go too far into this old, dug up rivalry between the OG's and the rest of us. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, if you have posted for a 4 year term, then you are a VET. @usa@

If you still have yet to serve your term, then keep posting you mugs!! @pow@ @coffee@ @cap@

No, no, no.

There was a process to it all...and some hazing involved.

If you didn't run the GI Joe forum gauntlet and survive, you don't deserve to be called a vet...I believe even VH went through the "breaking in" process. ;)

I heard Doc Evil left the boards (he is active on tfieds, so he is most likely okay) after people basehed him for his rant about not having a credit card, but wanting the DTC Joe figures.

Good to hear.

I know a lot of people here didn't get along with him, but I did, and used to chat with him quite a bit via pms.