Give us a DCUC Legion/Doom Box Set

cajunthief

The box sets so far have been weak, with 3 to 4 figures included that we already have. What I really want to see if a Legion of Doom box set with these five:

Toyman (Technically the last one needed for the complete 13)

Riddler - This one should be in his jump suit, and not as tall as the Metallo wave version.

Scarecrow - A more SuperFriends look

Bizarro - A more SuperFriends look

Sinestro - Time to replace the "teenaged" version, and make this one taller.

They'll eventually get around to them but in regaular wave slots. Bizarro just needs a new head and hand sculpt so easy to do, ToyMan was number 2 in last year's fan favorite poll, Riddler in tights ic coming out in wave 16, TG said they plan to release Sinestro again with a better buck, I'm sure we'll see a Scarecrow but doubt it will look like the SF one as much as I would like so I picked up the one from DCD from 2003.

The box sets so far have been weak, with 3 to 4 figures included that we already have. What I really want to see if a Legion of Doom box set with these five:

Toyman (Technically the last one needed for the complete 13)

Riddler - This one should be in his jump suit, and not as tall as the Metallo wave version.

Scarecrow - A more SuperFriends look

Bizarro - A more SuperFriends look

Sinestro - Time to replace the "teenaged" version, and make this one taller.

HA! Five new sculpts??? You haven't been paying attention to Mattel's business practices. They've come right out and said that they have to do these five packs as cheap as possible. A more believable Legion Of Doom 5 Pack would include four repaints and ONE new figure. It would probably look like...

1. Toyman : A new sculpt. This would be the token new figure everyone wants and would grumble that they have to shell out almost seventy bucks to get.

2. Bizarro: This would be the same exact sculpt as the DCSH Bizarro but with the lighter blue paint job as that Bizarro from Mattel's recently aborted two-pack.

3. Scarecrow: This would be the same exact Scarecrow as was released in the DCSH line. It MIGHT have a new darker color scheme or some other superficial modification.

4. Riddler: This would be the same exact Riddler as was released in Wave 5. No changes.

5. Cheetah: This would give Mattel an outlet for their naked Cheetah.

It would be nice if they would continue to use the box sets of two figures for ideas that deserve it like maybe Hawk and Dove or Superfriends syle Toyman (all new figure or retooling of the Deadman build) and Bizarro (Superman's build base body, new head sculpt). A box set of Superfriends syle Toyman and Bizarro would probably sell well to everyone wanting to complete the LoD. Besides, they are well known Superman characters, they would probably sell better than some of the other box sets they've produced.

As for a box set proper, who knows... at some point they may do complete box sets of the Legion and the Superfriends team, with reissues of the Build A Figures and an all new large scale Apache Chief an make really impressive displays out of them. They've got the molds already for most of the figures needed, so it wouldn't cost a lot to produce. But they'd be something like SDCC exclusives and retail for $250.00 or more if they ever did anything like that.

• Like 1

It would be nice if they would continue to use the box sets of two figures for ideas that deserve it like maybe Hawk and Dove or Superfriends syle Toyman (all new figure or retooling of the Deadman build) and Bizarro (Superman's build base body, new head sculpt). A box set of Superfriends syle Toyman and Bizarro would probably sell well to everyone wanting to complete the LoD. Besides, they are well known Superman characters, they would probably sell better than some of the other box sets they've produced.

As for a box set proper, who knows... at some point they may do complete box sets of the Legion and the Superfriends team, with reissues of the Build A Figures and an all new large scale Apache Chief an make really impressive displays out of them. They've got the molds already for most of the figures needed, so it wouldn't cost a lot to produce. But they'd be something like SDCC exclusives and retail for $250.00 or more if they ever did anything like that.

cool points

someone posted that it would be a lot of retooling and new sculpts but I don't see it. Toyman is easy, just a new head and some sort of weapon and there he is. A taller Sinestro is easy and is something they said they plan on doing. Bizarro is a new head on a Superman body, no need to do the deformed version at all.

Lets not forget there putting sinestro in the green lantern 5 pack so i do not see them puttin another one in another 5 pack. I would love to see it but i just don't see it happening under mattels rule. But i could see

toyman(new figure)

cheetah( neked body cheetha with the classic head cheetah)

bizarro, use the old buck or the new superman buck with lighter colors and maybe a new head (yea right)

riddler in jump suit( use the old sinestro body or even deadmans body without the huge coller)

The 5th slot could be held by scarecrow(different color some how)

Every one else has been made

When did toy companies start becoming so stingy with sculpting? I mean, I know that it makes business sense, but dont they care about delivering a quality product? Some sort of pride in their work? And before someone says "it's a necessary evil", I would like to point out that the majority of SOTA's Street Fighter figures were new sculpts (save for the Ryu clones).

• 2 weeks later...

When did toy companies start becoming so stingy with sculpting? I mean, I know that it makes business sense, but dont they care about delivering a quality product? Some sort of pride in their work? And before someone says "it's a necessary evil", I would like to point out that the majority of SOTA's Street Fighter figures were new sculpts (save for the Ryu clones).

Yeah, while I hate to say it, how long did that line last? Also, didn't SOTA release several different repaints of each figure?

• Like 1