Smallville Season 10 Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

There's really no reason why Welling couldn't put a Superman suit on. He's a freaking actor. They get paid a lot to look good and speak clearly. He must be very lazy.

No. The reason is the didn't bother making one. The suit will only be worn for the last part of the finale for like a total of 5mins screen time? They wouldn't spend money on it. They were able to use the suit in Superman Returns as a prop but that's it. It wouldn't fit Tom and I doubt that they are able to alter it for Tom because it's a borrowed prop.

Looking back at the series, I'm happy that they were able to get so many people that were involved in the Superman mythology to appear in Smallville and bless the show. The only disappointment was that Brandon Routh didn't appear in Smallville. Otherwise, the Superman circle will be complete (Dean Cain, Chris Reeve, Brandon Routh, Tom Welling)

• Like 1

Wow, I actually watched the finale expecting something worthy........only decent thing about it was the music

I agree, for having to wait ten yrs it was kinda meh,.... sigh :(

Also I was hoping that with the crowd scene they would do the whole "Look! Up in the sky." bit. But sadly no.

I mentioned this on another site. That would've been the perfect place for a quick Lana Lang cameo. Crowd members do the whole 'Look! Up in the sky!' Bit(or a variation of it, since I think there are legal reasons that can't do the entire thing). Something like "Look in the sky! Its a missile! No its..a man?"

But the last person they cut to is Lana saying, almost to herself"No. It's a Superman." and smiling to herself that Clark has finally reached his potential even if she isn't directly involved with him anymore.

Anybody else notice that Lex was elected president in 2018? Er what? Seems like a sloppy oversight. It wasn't a bad episode, over all, but the first half of Clark STILL trying to figure out how to mix his Kryptonian side, lineage, and past with his human side, past, and family seemed old hat.

Ten years of having the same existential problems is a trifle bit boring.

lex is president in 2018 because that whole scene takes place 7yrs in the future.

Ok since I don't watch the show this was my first time seeing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TujBz9j5Z5U&feature=feedu

That "S" sheild should look bigger then that wimpy version

the reason its small is because they use the costume from superman returns....which one of the many complaints of that movie was the small logo

Ok since I don't watch the show this was my first time seeing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TujBz9j5Z5U&feature=feedu

That "S" sheild should look bigger then that wimpy version

the reason its small is because they use the costume from superman returns....which one of the many complaints of that movie was the small logo

I knew where it came from

lex is president in 2018 because that whole scene takes place 7yrs in the future.

Right... elections are every 4 years. The next is 2012. Then 2016. Then 2020. Unless the Smallville world runs differently.

I thought it was hugely satisfying...UNTIL right at the end. Even up until the part where Lois gets saved on the plane, really cool. But then? Supes just kinda throws Apokalips away. Ugh. Give me MORE!!! And yes, all those really distant shots were a tease.

I thought it was hugely satisfying...UNTIL right at the end. Even up until the part where Lois gets saved on the plane, really cool. But then? Supes just kinda throws Apokalips away. Ugh. Give me MORE!!! And yes, all those really distant shots were a tease.

It could have been done on purpose to hype up the new Superman movie... Whenever that is coming out...

It seems ridiculous but I really do wonder if WB threw their weight around.

Distant CGI shots of the super suit. If the Returns costume didn't fit Welling, you'd think they'd be able to make some kind of alterations so that it does. I think someone mentioned it costing too much for one episode, but they made a whole new outfit for Booster Gold a few episodes earlier and he was never seen again.

You would also think any producer with a brain would know that fans want to see the suit early and often. With at least one close up shot of the whole thing.

And did they even call him Superman at all? Can't remember for sure but I don't think so.

The whole reason Jimmy was killed off was becasue WB steped in and said he was too close in age to Clark. A dumb move, IMO. Maybe this was more WB red tape.

And did they even call him Superman at all? Can't remember for sure but I don't think so.
I believe, in the Smallville comic, Chloe reads 'that's when the boy became Superman' , and, of course, there have been some indirect references over the years; Lana's 'are you man, or super-man', a Superman headline 7 years in the future, Lois may have even said 'be Super'(?).@hmmm@ :rolleyes:
The whole reason Jimmy was killed off was becasue WB steped in and said he was too close in age to Clark. A dumb move, IMO
That still annoys me as well.

Didn't one of the earlier flash-forward eps use the 'Look, up in the sky...' line?

what is sad is that we have been waiting for 10 seasons for him to become Supes.. and he finally does for the last 10 minutes or whatever.. and just when the show looks like it could be watchable again, it's over!

I stopped watching it a few seasons ago, but I watched the last episode... and I wish there was an 11th season now, because I would actually watch it again.

they messed this show up alot, and many times... I was always pissed that we had Green Arrow running around on the show in his full uniform and all we got for Clark was some kind of "blue blur" rumor...

and also.. how the hell did he defeat Apocalypse at the end?

• 2 years later...