Smallville Season 10 Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

Ugh! That picture looks like a kid on his way to a comic book convention.

I'm stunned that this show lasted as long as it did. I hung around for the early episodes when it was the "kryptonite-empowered villain-of-the-week" formula. In those clunky, uneven days, it was Luthor's participation that gave the show any redemption at all. Even THAT sub-story became as convoluted and as forced as the rest of the show though, and I quickly jumped ship.

I've checked in periodically but it's always been like driving past some incredible car wreck that never gets cleaned up and moved off the road.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what I hate is that they went 10 years without him being supes... and when they finally make him put on the cape.. its over

what I hate is that they went 10 years without him being supes... and when they finally make him put on the cape.. its over

which is why I pop in and out of the show alot it's like nothing good for awhile then season 10 began and it's like they were finally making progress and like many shows just when it gets good cancelled another Example is Transformers Animated

I fell the same way. I'd have liked at least one good season of Clark as Superman, but then I guess it does make sense to end the "Smallville" series with his final transformation into the hero he was always destined to be. Still, looking forward to the finale.

The main reason I didn't watch it was that they never wanted him to wear the suit plus that they destroyed the way Superman should of been told

Rumor has it,you won't actually see the costume because of the next movie. Welling will just pull his shirt open to reveal the "S" shield and that's it.

yep at the last possible moment of the episode he's gonna run towards the screen and pull apart his shirt revealing the costume then it cuts to the credits here it was leaked on to Youtube

He should have became Superman in season 8 instead of the freaking Red Blue Blur! soupson.gif

Sadly season 10 has been one of the worst seasons Imo. Its about as bad as season 4.

I stopped watching during season 4 I watched a few episodes then I was like F it I'm done same thing with Stargate univers and fringe

I agree Rockzilla The Red Blue Blurr worst name ever, ridiculous. Clark shoulda became Superman long ago. Its not like Smallville's animated and he can be Clark forever and look the Same. I think Tom's gotten alittle chubby in the face lately. :P

In the show, Clark is only about 24 or 25 right now which does make him about the right age to begin being Supes...any earlier and I think it may have been too young.

The Blur was the gimmic they used to show Clark testing the waters of being a superhero. It's probably something I wouldn't have done if I was in charge of the show but I see why they went there.

I understand people wanting to see a whole season or more of full on Superman action but the whole premise of the show was seeing Clark BEFORE he became the world's greatest hero. Holding out to see him as Supes SHOULD be the final payoff and saved for the last episode, IMO. It's what they whole show built towards. If it's done right it will probably leave you wanting more, but that's how all TV shows should end...leaving you wanting more!

Fanally, could there maybe be one Smallville thread where everyone doesn't chime in with "I hate the show and I stoped watching in season____"? EVERY Smallville thread goes down that way. Every. Single. One.

• Like 1

i didn't liked it. the show was lame to me because clark never knows what to do. he is always that guy who gets pushed around and deals with it. i was done after 3 seasons. i catch an episode here and there but it is always the same to me. they could have stoped smallville and going on with metropolis once he hit the city. make it for a more mature adience. no it has to be a teenage drama once again with an who should i love scenario. grown ups have problems too. they should dig a little bit more into that. the thing that bothered me the most and made me stop watching it was in one episode where money was made out of kryptonite. i mean clark should be dead a long time ago because in smallville or metropolis for that matter was full of kryptonite. it was a wonder that no one farted out kryptonite while they were walking around clark. the entire planet krypton was send to earth in pieces. lol.

I don't really care what anybody else thinks about Smallville. All I know is I love it. I don't think I'm alone either. You know, since millions of people have been tuning in....every week....for the past ten years.

Count me in as one of those guys that has watched it from Day 1 till current. It hasn't always been golden, but I've enjoyed it and sad to see it go.