Smallville Season 10 Discussion Thread

Bespin refugee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know that Smallville is not canon and is to be taken out of real continuity but they just go so far into left field......seriously Hawkgirl and Deadshot. Smallville was once interesting to me, now and since the second or third season I am just happy it is finally going away. I am glad to see it going away altogether.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man I love this show the last 4 seasons has really been the best. DC comics it's self does not keep continuity they change origins and story lines like a girl changes shoes.

I'm pretty much with you on that one. I always wonder WHICH continuity the haters want Smallville to match up with. I'm not even sure what is or is not part up Supes' origin in the comics anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm honestly waiting after this season to end and see a TV-spot next summer for a brand new CW show: Metropolis! And all the actors/characters stick around...

I've been watching Smallville since Season 1 and I have enjoyed it, but they are definitely throwing around names just to do it at a certain point. They went from home grown villains and the recognizable supporting cast to pulling out Doomsday, General Zod (and Major Zod..?), Checkmate, Brainiac, Bizarro, etc.. etc.. etc...

I'm honestly waiting after this season to end and see a TV-spot next summer for a brand new CW show: Metropolis! And all the actors/characters stick around...

I've been watching Smallville since Season 1 and I have enjoyed it, but they are definitely throwing around names just to do it at a certain point. They went from home grown villains and the recognizable supporting cast to pulling out Doomsday, General Zod (and Major Zod..?), Checkmate, Brainiac, Bizarro, etc.. etc.. etc...

Can't agree with you more. Would love to see that happen. Then we'll finally get a Batman crossover.

So what did people think of the season premeer?

I liked finally seeing the Superman suit! I honestly didn't expcet it yet...wasn't even sure we'd see it at all! Looks a bit Superman Returns-ish but that's OK with me.

I hope there's something behind Clark seeing Pa Kent again and that it wasn't just him thinking the whole thing. It was good to see him and I look forward to seeing more old cast memebers as the season goes on, including....

Supergirl next episode! Looking hot in the SG costume. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

It is a shame people put down Smallville so much, and to those who enjoy it as much as I....KUDOS! It is a good series and as all TV Shows, Comics, Cartoons, Movies there have been some downs as well as ups but it has been able to stay on the air for 10 seasons so that is saying something. I enjoy and appreciate the fact that DC/Warner has been able to keep the DC Universe on the air all this time, I enjoyed Birds of Prey but it got cut short. The season premiere was killer and I hope the rest of the season is as awesome. As far as it being out in left field, that is rubbish.....anything is possible in the world of Superheroes and there is no specific canon to follow because to be honest this Smallville Universe could be taking place on Earth 1, Earth 2, or any number of alternate Earths so let us not be too hard on the series, be thankful in this age of Hi-Tech, Sci-Fi, Reality-Show based entertainment that the Superhero genre has representation in Television.

• Like 1

It is a shame people put down Smallville so much, and to those who enjoy it as much as I....KUDOS! It is a good series and as all TV Shows, Comics, Cartoons, Movies there have been some downs as well as ups but it has been able to stay on the air for 10 seasons so that is saying something. I enjoy and appreciate the fact that DC/Warner has been able to keep the DC Universe on the air all this time, I enjoyed Birds of Prey but it got cut short. The season premiere was killer and I hope the rest of the season is as awesome. As far as it being out in left field, that is rubbish.....anything is possible in the world of Superheroes and there is no specific canon to follow because to be honest this Smallville Universe could be taking place on Earth 1, Earth 2, or any number of alternate Earths so let us not be too hard on the series, be thankful in this age of Hi-Tech, Sci-Fi, Reality-Show based entertainment that the Superhero genre has representation in Television.

I agree its a pretty good show and I don't understand all the hate. I can understand being annoyed with Lana and the Kryptonite freaks in the earlier seasons but overall the show has been pretty entertaining. Its definitely better than freaking Heroes ever was.

My only real complaint with this season is that Rosenbaum isn't back. Its not like Rosenbaum is playing in anything else right now, why couldn't he atleast come back for the last season?

My only real complaint with this season is that Rosenbaum isn't back. Its not like Rosenbaum is playing in anything else right now, why couldn't he atleast come back for the last season?

A very good question, who knows maybe a guest appearance could happen. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking...lol

Did anybody else find the repeated use of the term 'mutant' distracting? Between the 'anti-mutant hystria' and the 'I am Iro-...I mean, Green Arrow' scene, I was starting to wonder which universe I was in. <_>

Did anybody else find the repeated use of the term 'mutant' distracting? Between the 'anti-mutant hystria' and the 'I am Iro-...I mean, Green Arrow' scene, I was starting to wonder which universe I was in. <_< @hmmm@

Smallvile has been guilty of taking too much inspiration from time to time. Absolute Justice had a little dose of Watchman rip off in it. Remember that Saw inspired episode in Season 5? @loll@

Well atleast Supernatural was pretty good last night. B)

A very good question, who knows maybe a guest appearance could happen. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking...lol

A bank full of green, hot women to bang, passport to travel the world. Anyone would be lucky to get me to work ever again. Maybe he is one of these guys that does not need a lot of money to enjoy life. If I had a couple million in my bank account, I would enjoy life.

Chopz