Food/Drink items you can no longer get

revsears

When I mentioned food items that didn't exist I was already thinking about this. So why not just talk about it since many of you mentioned it too!

The number on the list has to be chilli cheese burritos from Taco Bell, a few still carry it but I don't even have a taco bell up here in Juneau.

Strawberry Melon mt. Dew and Holiday Spice pepsi were great as well.

I think holiday Spice pepsi was only around one Christmas time. It odd, and I can't really describe the flavor, but it had a very different kick to it.

what are yours?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is less food I want that they don't make than say food that is still out there but they changed the formula. So I consider some things on the shelf as items that aren't the original and the original should come back!

Mc DLT -- that was a great burger but I guess the Big and Tasty is essentially it.

Old Mc Donalds fries before they went all PC

Cereals: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Apple Jacks, Sugar Smacks

Tahitti treat.

Was that a carbonated fruit punch? If so , Big K (kroger/fred meijers brand) Sparkling punch is simliar (or so I am told) and so is the new Fruit punch (typhoon i think) mountain dew.

i used to live in NorCal and when I was a kid, there was a Church's Chicken near my house. I LOVED CCs. Much more than KFC. Then it went out of business. =[

This month I moved to TX. They have CCs all over the place!!!!!!!!!1 And they still have Spicy Chrunchy chicken (unlike KFC who changed their Spicey Extra Crispy chicken to Extra Crispy).

i used to live in NorCal and when I was a kid, there was a Church's Chicken near my house. I LOVED CCs. Much more than KFC. Then it went out of business. =[

This month I moved to TX. They have CCs all over the place!!!!!!!!!1 And they still have Spicy Chrunchy chicken (unlike KFC who changed their Spicey Extra Crispy chicken to Extra Crispy).

That is another thing I do miss. KFC doesn't offer any kind of Chrispy Chicken anymore here up north anymore. They run periodical offering but then take it away in about a month or so........

Also I haven't seen Tahitti Treat lately, that used to be a popular brand here in Philadelphia

Wheelies, from 7/11. They were chocolate coated ice cream sandwiches, in various flavours.

But the THREE biggest items I lament are from a restaurant that used to be in Vancouver BC, on west 4th Ave.: Great Wok, a Szechuan chinese food place.

They had three stand-out dishes: Rock-salt squid, Great Wok noodles and hands down the best fricken dried ginger beef in the world. This stuff was AMAZING.

Alas, the place is gone--it moved to New York state, and the menu has changed--if its even owned by the same people.

I truly miss the place.

I miss Zima:

081126_DRINK_Zima.jpg

For those of you who never had it, it kind of tasted like a Squirt.

We used to dissolve Jolly Ranchers in them to give them extra flavoring. These were one of the original alternatives to beer, before all of the other stuff like Mike's Hard, Twisted Tea, etc came out.

I miss Zima:

081126_DRINK_Zima.jpg

We used to dissolve Jolly Ranchers in them to give them extra flavoring. These were one of the original alternatives to beer, before all of the other stuff like Mike's Hard, Twisted Tea, etc came out.

I was surprised when you posted this, so I did some looking. Most places don't carry it anymore, but my local H.E.B. said they could order me a case if I wanted it.

I miss Zima:

081126_DRINK_Zima.jpg

I was surprised when you posted this, so I did some looking. Most places don't carry it anymore, but my local H.E.B. said they could order me a case if I wanted it.

I've read that MillerCoors discontinued it in the States, but it's still distributed in Japan.

I miss Zima:

081126_DRINK_Zima.jpg

I've read that MillerCoors discontinued it in the States, but it's still distributed in Japan.

Interesting. @hmmm@ We have a Japanese Grocery here that we hit once a month. I might see if they have it there.

Besides Pac-Man and Donkey Kong cereals, there was this one cereal that didn't last long.(Probably because it was too unhealthy)

Donuts cereal. They were little donuts covered in powdered sugar. They would even leave your milk a little powdery from the few times I had them. Good stuff.

Besides Pac-Man and Donkey Kong cereals, there was this one cereal that didn't last long.(Probably because it was too unhealthy)

Donuts cereal. They were little donuts covered in powdered sugar. They would even leave your milk a little powdery from the few times I had them. Good stuff.

Yes!! I used to eat it right out of the box! Forget the milk! (lol) I loved that stuff as a kid...

I also mentioned this in the other thread, but I absolutely loved peanut-butter and jelly Pop Tarts. I've checked the Pop Tart section in grocery stores for years hoping they'll bring them back someday.

And Opticon...I thought I was the only human being that loved Crystal Pepsi. I thought it had kind of a bubble-gum-type flavor that I liked.

You guys have also reminded me of something else I loved that they quit making...3-D Doritos!! I could probably eat an entire bag of them by myself. I also loved that Bacon Mushroom Melt that Wendy's used to have on their menu occasionally. I wish they'd bring it back again...

I find it interesting to see you guys talking about local restaurants or chains I've never heard of. There used to be a restaurant near here called the Bel-Air Grill. They had the best salads and deep-fried mushrooms...mmm. Too bad they closed a few years back.

Geeze, you guys are making me sooo hungry. (lol)

most of the stuff you guys are talking about are still around here:

-church chicken

-Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Apple Jacks, Sugar Smacks

-tahitti treat

-zima

-pepsi throwback (also have moutain dew throwback)

i miss:

-apple 7 up

-mcrib.....went to socal last year during oct and they had it down there but not in norcal

-$1 whoopers

-mcranchero....again only in socal....like a big mac but middle bun was flat taco shell

I miss Nintendo Cereal System and Big Kahuna Cereal. Theres a bunch more but those are some fond foods i can think of from my childhood.

Btw alot of what you guys are saying I remember but wow it makes me both hungry and feel fat all at the same time haha. I no longer eat those kinds of foods as well as even hardly eat any fast food anymore.

The short lived Cookies & Creme Twix. I don't even remember if I liked them, but I'd like to try them again.

EvilHayato: Good call on Nintendo Cereal. That's another one.

Flying_Infant: I remember Bonkers. Their ad campaign kinda freaked me out.