Batman City of Scars

pooda

I haven't watched this yet, but I am always a fan of the fan-films. That is the problem with Hollywood, there are few talents who may not be totally familiar with the source material to bring it all together, most of them can't because they don't understand it. I have a DVD full of the various fan films and I am proud of the work they have done, even their trailers are awesome.

See, this is what I've been saying all along. Forget Nolan, Burton, Schumacher and their dark circuses and black rubber suits. THIS is how Batman should be done.

Fire all the hollywood "pros," bring in guys like Collora, Fiorella, or the guys from Bat-in-the-Sun. They'll do a movie 10 times better than anything we've seen so far, be 100 times more accurate to the source material, and probably wouldn't spend a quarter of the cash the "Dark Knight" crew spent on Michael Caine's lunches.

BTW: That Bat-Cycle was sick.

I only have a couple of problems with Nolan

1. Destroying Wayne Manor.......rebuilding it would surely put people onto Batman, lets build but ignore the hidden rooms with Bat stuff.

2. The Bat costume.......wretched in the first movie, horrible in the second

3. Refusal to bring back the Joker, not sure if he meant in the sequel or never, but that sucks. I enjoyed his take and just think that is a terrible thing not to have Batman's most iconic...the most iconic villain EVER because some actor died. Sure its sad but life goes on, that is just jerky.

I like it even if the acting was a bit bad. I mean, the young boy was smiling the whole time. I understand if they wanted to make the boy smiling as a result of the joker murderin' his parents, but the way it was done, it seems unintentional.

It was okay. Too many close-ups though--a sign of a fan film. Its a good example of doing something with not an awful lot. The look of the cast was good, but I thought the performances were only so-so.

I think the biggest accomplishment here is making Batman "work" as a character on screen--making the traditional costume look good through careful staging and lighting.

The biggest observation is that the torso of the suit tends to look like a guy in a t-shirt, regardless of his physique. I think that is why we see characters with body armour on--its just more believable that someone can survive with some protection.

See, this is what I've been saying all along. Forget Nolan, Burton, Schumacher and their dark circuses and black rubber suits. THIS is how Batman should be done.

Fire all the hollywood "pros," bring in guys like Collora, Fiorella, or the guys from Bat-in-the-Sun. They'll do a movie 10 times better than anything we've seen so far, be 100 times more accurate to the source material, and probably wouldn't spend a quarter of the cash the "Dark Knight" crew spent on Michael Caine's lunches.

BTW: That Bat-Cycle was sick.

I only have a couple of problems with Nolan

1. Destroying Wayne Manor.......rebuilding it would surely put people onto Batman, lets build but ignore the hidden rooms with Bat stuff.

2. The Bat costume.......wretched in the first movie, horrible in the second

3. Refusal to bring back the Joker, not sure if he meant in the sequel or never, but that sucks. I enjoyed his take and just think that is a terrible thing not to have Batman's most iconic...the most iconic villain EVER because some actor died. Sure its sad but life goes on, that is just jerky.

Nolan is probably refusing to bring back the Joker because Heath Ledger is dead, and after that Oscar-winning performance, anyone else's Joker would ALWAYS pale by comparison to Ledger.

Exactly!!! So glad to hear Nolan won't bring back the Joker!!! No one could finish what Heathe started!!!

Aww man, you have to have a Joker in some of the future films. Imagine if James Earl Jones died, should they not of bought back Darth Vader? Find an actor to mimic the performance (it can be done) and have another Joker story

Not bad, at least Batman doesn't have that awful voicebox thing where you couldn't understand anyhting Christian Bale said. My biggest gripe with the Nolan movies is that they portray Batman like a moron, not someone with the intelligence and detective skills Batman is always characterized for.

• Like 1

Exactly!!! So glad to hear Nolan won't bring back the Joker!!! No one could finish what Heathe started!!!

Aww man, you have to have a Joker in some of the future films. Imagine if James Earl Jones died, should they not of bought back Darth Vader? Find an actor to mimic the performance (it can be done) and have another Joker story

No not forever, just within Nolan's movies!!! Once a new director takes the helm, and a new actor takes over the suit then a new Joker can be brought forth!! Of course if they are sticking with the Nolanverse, then no!!

No not forever, just within Nolan's movies!!! Once a new director takes the helm, and a new actor takes over the suit then a new Joker can be brought forth!! Of course if they are sticking with the Nolanverse, then no!!

plus, replacing a voice is totally different from replacing a face.

Not bad, at least Batman doesn't have that awful voicebox thing where you couldn't understand anyhting Christian Bale said. My biggest gripe with the Nolan movies is that they portray Batman like a moron, not someone with the intelligence and detective skills Batman is always characterized for.

I agree man, I so agree! It's so good to see other people say that. That stupid, stupid voice in TDK... what was he dooing?!? Lol it sounded like a really bad Clint Eastwood impression. I don't know who brought it to the table, Bale, Nolan or who, but I hope they ditch it for the next installment. It's even more annoying because, in Batman Begins, the way they did the voice was great! Bale's voice wasn't corny or hokey all. What in the Sam Hill happened between movies to make Batman constantly talk like an assh0le? And I agree, I'd love to see a third Nolan film where he spends a little time displaying his intelligence and detective skills. It may not be a constant Adrenaline Fueled Thrill Ride, but it would be a much, much better Batman movie. I've always suspected that they made Batman look a little stupid compared to the Joker out of respect for Ledger passing, or simply because they anticipated what a hit his portrayal was going to be and wanted to *justify* people getting more into the villain that the hero. And, make no mistake, I thought Heath's Joker was great, but it would have been great even if they didn't make Batman look like a tool.

You mean the role or the pills.

A little respect for the dead, what happened to Ledger was tragic no need to degrade it. In a recent interview with Nolan he said that he didn't want to replace Heath and said end of discussion so apparently he's sensitive about the subject. Personally I love Ledger's performance but I don't see no reason why another character couldn't work I mean Two Face was awesome and Aaron Eckhart and gave a heck of a perdormance. Catwoman, Mr. Freeze they all could work if handled properly plus there's a couple of more obscure lesser known baddies that they could throw in for good measure.

You mean the role or the pills.

A little respect for the dead, what happened to Ledger was tragic no need to degrade it.

The man abused drugs and died for it. That's about as degraded as you can get. It wasn't tragic, it was stupid. You wanna celebrate the man, celebrate him, but don't cheapen him by disguising his failures. That's disrespectful.

[/quote ]

We're not talking about a junkie here who tried drugs to experiment and got hooked, we're talking about a man who was in a deep depression and wasn't sleeping at all and was taking pills just to sleep, yes he overdid it and died because of it. I'm not celebrating it but I'm not going to put him down because of his mistakes. Truth is the guy got so into the role he was playing that it affected his mind and that is tragic, actors are supposed to have fun in their roles and be better because of it not add to their problems and that IS tragic.

• Like 1