Next Gen stories that never got resolved!!

Lady Jaye

Ok, been re-watching fave episodes on the web, but just saw one that I remember watching but probably only once. Episode 25; Conspiracy. Interesting episode, with a bit graphic ending!! According to Wikipedia only 1 of 2 episodes to carry a warning for content. I'm not going to get into the story, but just curious if it was ever re-visited???

What episodes left you wanting more?? At least a nice and tidy wrap up to say the least!!

Conspiracy was never revisited, although it IS a follow-up to two other episodes earlier in the first season.

I think the episode with Lal, Data's child, should have been stretched out over several episodes, with the sad outcome culminating later. I think it would have built up the pathos of the ending by giving the audience more time to get to know Lal.

I think the episode with the DNA code should have been a two parter at least.

Great episode with Lal, Data's daughter!! Agreed, it would have more of an emotional impact had she been around in more than just one episode!! Nevertheless it was a great and touching episode!!

I think if u include the movies, they missed a golden opportunity when they didn't use Commander Sela in Insurrection!!! It would have been perfect timing and yet another bridge to the series!!!

I always wanted Lore touched on more.

B-4 was nuts, but to end with question of where he came from was poorly thought out.

I just watched startrek 2 again are the creatures kawn uses to controll the peoples minds suppose to be the same ones from next gen ?.. They look very similar ...

I just watched startrek 2 again are the creatures kawn uses to controll the peoples minds suppose to be the same ones from next gen ?.. They look very similar ...

Nope, those are Ceti eels--native to Ceti Alpha 5. They are a primitive kind of insect/crustacean. The creatures from next Gen were un-named intelligent parasitic crustaceans, but from a far off sector of the Galaxy. The script said they managed to migrate via their hosts into the Federation territories.

Hey Synch, funny u should bring that up, I also just re- watched Wrath of Kahn and thought, hey the parasites from Next Gen!!! They look so similar!!!

Yeah I was thinking the time lines are so far off plus they are insects or what not ... who knows maybe they could have evolved quick enough :S

. Yeah they have been airing the movies on tv its been great! I've watched 2-5 so far ... Now waiting for # 6 & 7 to pop up! I don't even remember what one #7 is ... Oh I skipped number one ... even the actors hated that one @loll@

I definitely wanted to see "Conspiracy" played out. "Skin of Evil" to. Armus kills Tasha in cold blood, and they just leave it!?!

Yep, they just leave Armus there.

Remember, he says that he is the cast-off essence of the pure beings that used to live there, their "skin of evil" as it were.

They left Armus there before, and he was unable to leave on his own. The Enterprise destroyed (presumably) the shuttle on the surface, this stranding Armus once again. They could not destroy him otherwise, so leaving him there and posting warning buoys around the system would be the most just punishment.

B-4 was nuts, but to end with question of where he came from was poorly thought out.

I really dont see it as they left thew question open.

B-4 was just an other prototype built before Data that either the Romulans or Shinzon got their hands on at some point in time.

I really dont see what else needs to be answered about him.

TOS movie question.... Genesis was active on a ship & not shot at a planet like it was suppose to be so how did a planet form from it ?... Also in the movie the klingon guys wife or whatever "sees" the information on genesis & then they blow her up but then everyone else on the freaking klingon ship gets to see the same information ... Whats up with that ? ... @loll@

TOS movie question.... Genesis was active on a ship & not shot at a planet like it was suppose to be so how did a planet form from it ?...

The Genesis device drew gasses and matter from the Mutara Nebula, which the Reliant was in the middle of. Since nebulas are essentially the "birthplaces of stars" there's plenty of matter to create a planet from them.

Also in the movie the klingon guys wife or whatever "sees" the information on genesis & then they blow her up but then everyone else on the freaking klingon ship gets to see the same information ... Whats up with that ? ... @loll@

The woman and her crew were agents/couriers used by the Klingons, and should have not viewed the material to maintain their neutrality. Presumably, if they had not seen the material, they would have been let go, but since they did they no longer had neutrality and became security risks. The Klingon crew could be trusted with the secret because they were all loyal sons of the Empire.

Yeah I was thinking the time lines are so far off plus they are insects or what not ... who knows maybe they could have evolved quick enough :S

. Yeah they have been airing the movies on tv its been great! I've watched 2-5 so far ... Now waiting for # 6 & 7 to pop up! I don't even remember what one #7 is ... Oh I skipped number one ... even the actors hated that one @loll@

#7 is Generations and to me the first original movie sucked and so did Generations the first of the Next Gen.

TOS movie question.... Genesis was active on a ship & not shot at a planet like it was suppose to be so how did a planet form from it ?...

The Genesis device drew gasses and matter from the Mutara Nebula, which the Reliant was in the middle of. Since nebulas are essentially the "birthplaces of stars" there's plenty of matter to create a planet from them.

Also in the movie the klingon guys wife or whatever "sees" the information on genesis & then they blow her up but then everyone else on the freaking klingon ship gets to see the same information ... Whats up with that ? ... @loll@

The woman and her crew were agents/couriers used by the Klingons, and should have not viewed the material to maintain their neutrality. Presumably, if they had not seen the material, they would have been let go, but since they did they no longer had neutrality and became security risks. The Klingon crew could be trusted with the secret because they were all loyal sons of the Empire.

Well lets face it the human scum were going to get killed no matter what but the klingon woman could have just been beamed onto the ship she was clearly loyal as she got ,saw & still delivered the information to them! Hell the vibe I got from it was it was the captains wife/mate

Well lets face it the human scum were going to get killed no matter what but the klingon woman could have just been beamed onto the ship she was clearly loyal as she got ,saw & still delivered the information to them! Hell the vibe I got from it was it was the captains wife/mate

I think that was just such a throwaway thing because it ended up becoming irrelevant. If Kruge had done something like offhandedly blame Kirk for "forcing" him to kill his wife/lover/whatever it would have added something to the bit, but instead she and the crew were killed off and that was it. Complete fluff.

Fluff that bugs me! @loll@ I guess she would have simply been a useless character in the end and really added nothing to it anyways

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, been re-watching fave episodes on the web, but just saw one that I remember watching but probably only once. Episode 25; Conspiracy. Interesting episode, with a bit graphic ending!! According to Wikipedia only 1 of 2 episodes to carry a warning for content. I'm not going to get into the story, but just curious if it was ever re-visited???....

I remember in the episode "The Drumhead", Picard's opening monologue mentioned Admiral Satee's work investigating the 'Alien Conspiracy 3 years ago', or something to that effect. I presumed then that's what they were touching on.

...I think if u include the movies, they missed a golden opportunity when they didn't use Commander Sela in Insurrection!!! It would have been perfect timing and yet another bridge to the series!!!

Did you mean 'Nemesis' vice 'Insurrection'? I don't remember any Romulans hanging with the Son'A when I watched it. ;) Would've been cool to see Denise Crosby in the last TNG film, though. Everyone would've been back for the big goodbye. :)

Playmates should have done an Armus action figure back in the day.

If you live in Florida right now, you can go to the beach and find a free Armus figure washing up on shore! ;) Worry about that hole in your collection no more! :D

Ah, BP's tar balls: Nature's 'Horde Slime'. :rolleyes:

Would've been cool to see Denise Crosby in the last TNG film, though. Everyone would've been back for the big goodbye.

A big loose end from the movies was Saavik. The implied thing was that she stayed behind on Vulcan because she was pregnant with Spock's child ( he went through Pon'Farr(sp?)on the Genesis Planet and she was the only compatible female around to stem the urges.

Yeah......that sounds wrong, I know.

Anyway, she was written out from that point on. Its strange because it wasn't due to any problem with Robin Curtis--as she was hired back for part(s) on Next Gen.

Undiscovered Country also strangely added the character of Valeris--who was essentially Saavik in all ways but name. It would have added a great twist to the character, made the story-arc far more personal for Spock and the audience and given the character closure as well.

Playmates should have done an Armus action figure back in the day.

If you live in Florida right now, you can go to the beach and find a free Armus figure washing up on shore! ;) Worry about that hole in your collection no more! :D

LOL!!!!